Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Trusted Contributor

Once again, Fitbit points not awarded

I know there was a syncing problem with fitness trackers on AARP's end a couple weeks ago. I assumed it was fixed on 8/12 because I've received points for steps achieved every day since then, until yesterday, 8/20. My Fitbit, which I am sure to sync daily across 3 platforms (cell phone, app on computer, & Fitbit website), was not awarded any points for 5215 steps. So, I'm reporting this as it appears the issue has returned.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@LindaJoy53 Thanks for letting me know! I was able to adjust your account the missing 150 points for the 5k steps on 8/20. If you continue to have sync issues with your Fitbit, please follow the troubleshooting information below:

1. Double-check that your device has Bluetooth on and open the Fitbit app.
  2. If it still didn't sync, restart your phone.
  3. Go to Fitbit Support for more help. You'll leave the AARP Help website and go to the Fitbit Support website. 
0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Thank you for the adjustment, Janelle.

As previously attested, I always verify my Fitbit is syncing with the Fitbit dashboard in the app on my cell phone, also with the Fitbit for Windows app on my laptop computer, and the dashboard on Fitbit.com website,  so there's no way the Bluetooth is either off or not working. Despite knowing that, I turned off my phone to reboot it as you suggested, and I followed your link to Fitbit Support, where they addressed syncing issues - and confirmed that the fact that my data is transmitting from my Fitbit device to the Fitbit dashboard(s) means it is working/syncing as it should, 

Since AARP's recent fix of the issue on their end, I've received AARP points within minutes of reaching the step goals - and now I'm back to not getting anything at all. I took it easy over the weekend, but today reached over 5K steps  - and again, no points - I waited until after midnight in case AARP was merely delayed, but still no points. Please adjust and please ask your IT staff to verify the problem is not on AARP's end.

Thank you,

Linda

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@LindaJoy53 I added the missing 150 points to your points balance for that 5k steps accomplishment. I was also able to escalate this issue to our dedicated team for further assistance. Please allow up to 5 business days to hear back from them via email. I'm always here to help!

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

You are always helpful, Janelle - thank you very much!

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@LindaJoy53 Thank you for the kind words, I'm glad I could help. You're welcome!  

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Not to be a pest, but just to keep you up to date, the problem is still unresolved; 5475 steps were not rewarded with points yesterday either. Again, my device is syncing with Fitbit's apps on my phone & laptop as well as my dashboard on the Fitbit website. Thanks, Janelle.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@LindaJoy53 No problem, those missing points have been added and you should hear back from our escalations team soon. 

0 Kudos
Regular Social Butterfly

And the rest of us who daily use AARP opportunities continue to not earn anything except ignorance of our issues... thank you for your appreciation.

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: โ€œIf Iโ€™d known Iโ€™d live this long, Iโ€™d have taken better care of myself.โ€
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Bubble Shooter and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP