Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

AARP Rewards Holiday Hunt 2022 has launched

Community Manager
Community Manager

AARP Rewards Holiday Hunt 2022 has launched

We have tucked away five (5) presents around the AARP Rewards site for you to find! Each present has a special offer that you can only get by clicking on the present!

Don't delay, the Holiday Hunt ends Friday, December 9th at 9 am. Offers are only available while supplies last.

AARPTeri
Trusted Contributor

Yes

Bronze Conversationalist

12-7-22  ~ New ......    In ----> About

CVS Pharmacy  eGift Card    Members Only

$5.00  Value         10,000 Points

----------------------------------------------

Home Depot - Gift Card.......Replaced by above Item

$5.00  .......16,000 Points

๐Ÿ˜Ž

Silver Conversationalist

Hello everyone,

I have to agree with @Jason2020LovesKelly why is the Holiday Hunt labeled 2023 ?  ๐Ÿค”  Its still 2022 and this thing surely is not going to last into the new year, or is it ??  ๐Ÿ˜ซ๐Ÿ˜•

WOW, double WOW, In all the years that I have been participating in the AARP Rewards Programs this is the first time I ever saw a TOPIC that stretched into two pages of post for the same day AND had absolutely no positive comments. NONE.

The IT department really missed the boat, and stumbled into the water this time.

Why on earth would they introduce an activity that they never even bothered to test. ????

I challenge all of the AARP moderators, managers, and concierges to do whatever it takes to convince this administrator that this Holiday Hunt was not only mishandled but was totally unfair to the scores of paying members. Somebody needs to do the right thing and have this activity started over again with a sufficient quantity of presents and MEMBERS ONLY offers.This is in no way ranting, but just stating the cold hard truth. 

lucyp061351
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Jason2020LovesKelly   - Oops!  It should be 2022 and is now displaying accurately!  Thanks for your keen eyes!

AARPTeri
Conversationalist

This may be a silly question, but why is it 2023, and not 2022?

[ฬฒฬ…$ฬฒฬ…(ฬฒฬ…5ฬฒฬ…)ฬฒฬ…$ฬฒฬ…] (โ˜‰เฑช โŠ™)
Conversationalist

AARP Rewards>'Connect'. See gift box at bottom of page.

Open to reveal: 22,000 Zappos 10.00.

I think this is the replacement for the 'Sold Out' Amazon. Could be wrong, but I could not locate Amazon any longer.

Contributor

I can only find 4 holiday hunt icons. Any hints?

Bronze Conversationalist

I would have answered earlier but I needed to cook my one meal per day/ I was getting hungry.

It's all in the Rewards Section: from drop down menu.....

1--- About.... $5.00 Starbucks Gift Card  10,000 Points     >  [ Home Depot  $5.00      16,000 Points ]  --    >  CVS Pharmacy   $5.00    10,000 Points

2----Connect......$10.00 Amazon Gift Card (Sold Out ) -----12,000 Points ---> [ $10.00 Zappos gift Card ---22,000 Points] 

3 - Redeem----> Near You......Craftsman Tote-----8,000 Points

4 - Earn.........Shoe-In-Tote........9,000 Points

5 - Discover.......Clear Storage Caddy........7,000 Points

These are All Members Only - Redemption Items - Gift Cards and Physical

Items

๐Ÿ˜Ž

Contributor

The Starbucks card was there earlier today although no way to redeem it. But now that gift is gone from the About page.

Bronze Conversationalist

Just confirmed - Sold Out.

๐Ÿ˜Ž

Community Manager
Community Manager

Try using the drop down menu option on the rewards main page (discover page), there will be one on most of the topics listed there ๐Ÿ™‚ including that page if you scroll down far enough! Hope this helps!

AARPTeri
0 Kudos
Conversationalist

No surprise, I am having log-in issues! It's not exactly fair to launch something and nothing works so some people miss out. ๐Ÿ™„

Conversationalist

It does not seem to be working at all.

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

When you find the holiday boxes on different pages, you click to see that prize. They have all been working and users busy grabbing those deals today. Are you having another issue?

AARPTeri
0 Kudos
Conversationalist

@AARPTeriI am having the same problem. I was logged in and then somehow your site logged me out. It tells me I have come to the right place, but there may be an issue displaying this page. Not the first time this has happened.

Conversationalist

Yes, same. Although, I can come here and post. Strange happenings.

Community Manager
Community Manager

@shamit - I sent you both private messages to try to help further.

AARPTeri
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

How do you send/receive private messages?

Community Manager
Community Manager

If you scroll up this page while logged in, you will see an envelope (next to My Profile, My Settings), if you click on this you will see this, additional here is a FAQ in our Help area on it - https://community.aarp.org/t5/help/faqpage/faq-category-id/pm#pm

AARPTeri
Periodic Contributor

Got it, Thanks

Conversationalist

Hi. thanks, Teri. Everything is fine now, I have used a different browser. Appreciate it!

Regular Social Butterfly

And crazy as it may seem, they were wonky for first 4-5 hours; never able to claim (while at the same time other earn opportunities didn't add up)...

I really suggest AARP use an end-user panel to test this before announcing and failing; please, please consider that?

#StaySafe

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: โ€œIf Iโ€™d known Iโ€™d live this long, Iโ€™d have taken better care of myself.โ€
Conversationalist

Yes, when watching videos the points would not register, and also the links under Transaction History are non-working. Seems this holiday rewards thing has affected the rest of everything else.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Contributor

This is nice but if you have already used your 3 Rewards for the month, you can't participate. Pretty much bogus if you ask me!

Conversationalist

Amazon GC now has this message:

Weโ€™re working to get more inventory

This item is currently out of stock

And, of course, the Amazon GC was available to all -- members as well as the rampaging hordes of freeloading NON-MEMBERS -- so it's no wonder it sold out so rapidly... and if more Amazon cards are acquired, you can bet that they too will disappear in a heartbeat. This is totally unfair to those of us here who pay annually to be MEMBERS and who can't spend all day on the AARP Rewards website ready to pounce on deals when they first become available.

I am strongly advocating that if additional Amazon GC's are made available as part of the Holiday Hunt promotion, that they be allocated to MEMBERS ONLY.

Bronze Conversationalist

Psst.... I was ready to Kudo your post when I 'had to verify your assertion' about the Amazon Gift Card today 'open to all' ---- it was a 'Members' Only'----$10.00 Amazon gift card for 12,000 points.

....but, you still get a Kudo. I didn't get the Amazon; but it would have been really nice. ----- ( A good value redemption )

( Personal Note ) When the new Extra Credit first of the month started with 2 or 3 high demand/ low value and expensive cards [Amazon, Target...] ---- I hedged/ the bet that there would be 'better redemptions later on in the Dec., so I didn't bite/ no redemptions and saved my dance card for instance like today; but missed it by time-wise. I'm hoping that AARP would be more generous this last month of the year. ๐Ÿค”

Re-Vision: if garyfish and hatfield saw no 'Members Only' banner then maybe they were right first - in earlier time; but later around 12:30 noonish est I did check in real time and it was there and if you go to Thread Latest Points - jason has a picture around 12:33 noon-ish of the banner, too. ---> Re: LATEST AVAILABLE POINTS ONLY! - AARP Online Community

AARP web master could have edited/ modified. ( after seeing your post.???? )

Garyfish is on the west coast - 3 hour difference = factor??

I trust you; you two๐Ÿ˜€  Any how's it seems it is all Member's Only redemptions now.

๐Ÿ˜Ž

Conversationalist

ODM... thanks for the info. But I could've sworn that when I "hunted down" the Amazon GC shortly after noon --- and discovered it was no longer available -- that it didn't have the Members Only banner attached to it. I'll chalk it up to yet another Senior Moment.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Contributor

You aren't seeing things. I saw it also.

Conversationalist

some are sold out already

Karyn
Contributor

Well, Amazon GCs are sold out, what's the point of displaying empty gift box?

And Starbucks card says: "Purchases of this item are limited to one." and blocks me, although I didn't get any SB this year at all

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP