Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Re: How do you feel about marijuana?

Message 41 of 83

I have been using MJ, in various forms, for 42 years. I don't use it to get high, but to treat chronic pain associated with RA and back pain due to a car accident. When I was in college, in 1981 I think, I wrote an article for my student newspaper on the benefits of MJ. I specifically addressed the value of standardization and regulation, both in consumer safety and economic outcomes. I would prefer standardization and across the board legalization. For those who think MJ is a "gateway" drug and can only be smoked, please educate yourselves before commenting. MJ can be an exit strategy, under medical supervision, for those who are addicted to opioids. There are sensible reasons MJ should be legalized, join us...its 2019.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 42 of 83

Prefer medical marijuana vs popping opiods. Relieves pain, reduces anxiety, and improves mood. Indicas help

with insomnea and relaxes you for a good night's sleep.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 43 of 83

I am 81 years old with bad arthritis. If I could fine some I would use it.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 44 of 83

I am all for medical marijuana no one should be in pain and if marijuana solve that problem I say go for it.

But, smoking marijuana with your children so that you can have a deep conversation with your children I can't go for that. IMO Just saying.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 45 of 83

It can still damage your lungs. The lungs are not made for any kind of smoke. Will eventually damage the lungs.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 46 of 83

I love it, have been smoking it for close to 50 years. In the beginning when young I will admit it was to experience the high, now I use it for pain relief.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Retired Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 47 of 83

New video from AARP on Medical Marijuana--what conditions it helps with, where it's legal, etc.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 48 of 83

As an asthmatic caused by my mother's chain smoking of cigarettes when I was a child, I won't ever smoke pot or anything else.  However, CBD is another story.  I've read reports from reputable sources that say it can help relieve pain without the side effects (and price) of western medicine.  Unfortunately, these products aren't strictly regulated, so the amount of CBD and the strength of each product might differ from what it says on the container.  Bottom line:  yes, I'd try CBD before risking my life on western medicine!  I have a PhD in natural medicine and a Master's Degree in Herbology, so I like to research these things.  It's interesting how facts from reputable sources can differ from what we read in ads and on billboards!.

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 49 of 83

I've never tired marijuana and don't have any intention of doing so. I've read several reports that indicate that smoking marijuana, potentially has some very serious health risks; lung disease, cardiovascular problems, brain damage (potential for later dementia, stroke, etc.), cancer, etc. In fact, some reports indicate that smoking marijuana has greater health risks than smoking regular tobacco. Everyone is free to choose what they want to do with their health. Personally, I've used healthy eating and lifestyle changes to totally eliminate arthritis; no meds needed and no marijuana used and pain is totally gone !

One of many sites indicating health risks is at:

https://www.cdc.gov/marijuana/health-effects.html 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 50 of 83

I absolutely hate it, hate it, hate it. It stinks, everytime I smell it I get sick which is now all the time.

If people just need to use it, because of medical condititon, why can they not put it in a pill. I have never smoke the stuff, I know people that have, and all they did was eat and sleep, they were not good for anything, in this was way back in the day, I can only imagine what it does to people today.

Hate it!

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Call-in Event: Coronavirus: Maintaining Your Well-Being

Ask experts about the coronavirus, learn how to protect yourself, stay connected and cope with stress and anxiety brought on by the pandemic. Join AARP for a special call-in event April 9, at 1:00 pm (EDT).

You can participate by calling toll-free 1-855-274-9507.

Learn more about the event on our Tele-Town Hall page.

Top Authors