Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Re: How do you feel about marijuana?

Message 1 of 83

Discussing marijuana should not be sidelined at all for any reason. If you are experiencing physical and/or emotional pain and you are age 50 plus, you need not continue suffering. I speak from experience (not at all theoretically) and I have answers for people (like me) who are age 50 plus.

There is no purchase necessary, no cost, and no obligation if you simply watch a YouTube video I wrote and produced to cover best practices for people age 50 plus who want to mitigate their physical and emotional pain using legal cannabis products.

Report Inappropriate Content
Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 83

Tried it when I was younger, but it never caught on for me- i just am not a drug user. Don't trust the drug I get for a sinus infection! Am now taking Amoxicillin for an ear infection. Don't trust that either.

Problem being, the dr.s who prescribe them so readily don't seem to have a clue. "That drug didn't work for you ? Let's try another !"  Man Mad

Sandee2
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 83

As a 55 year old who's unemplyed, I feel like I need some! Smiley Wink

Seriously though, I find it ironic that you can smoke yourself until your lungs rot with tobacco and drink until your liver falls out but if you dare lay hand on cannabis, you're a criminal. 

What's the difference between all three? The government has a tax stamp on the first two so they're magically ok despite the suffering they cause and the millions they kill each year.

Let's stop all the misinformation already and let adults decide for themselves.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 83

I have observed how much it can help as a pain helper on a friend who has had cancer multi-times.  I have also oberserved how it helped with hypertension and panic attacks in another friend of mine.   

I approve of the legalization of marijuana with legal guidelines..  

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 83

I think it could reduce opioids, I have severe degenerative arthritis and eat up with it, have had 5 joint replacements. After the government has taken over half of meds away they need to have some thing for people to reduce their pain. They have used cannabis for thousands of years, to say it has no medicinal values is crazy, their lying. They're afraid of losing money.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 83

@cactuspatch  - You make a good point.

If it is legalized for smoking / recreational use, there should be some regulation about using it in public areas, just like cigarette smoking, or maybe confined to home / private use only. There are already established smoke free zones.

"Music can change the world because it can change people." - Bono
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 83

For myself, I do not use the product. Quality control Marijuana with a genuine medical card is the way it is now set up with government control for its purity is the way to go. The grass coming in from the South American countries should continue to be outlawed. People who are truly in need of their medical comfort needs is OK by me. As for recreation amusement to me, that is no different than people stopping at Bars and Clubs and get drinks that may get them to where they are not 100% in control of their thoughts and get into their vehicle and drive while partly intoxicated it is no different with people using Marijuana and driving a vehicle. Imagine a person consuming both products and then decide to go for a drive that could happen to get involved in some accident and innocent bystanders are in the mishaps. If you want to use Marijuana fine, stay home and use it do the same thing with your liquor. Nelson 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 83

Do you care about controling other's behavior and what is put into their body ? As long they aren't murdering your children (or until) marijuana has been a target for discriminatory regulation forever. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 83

Good for AARP for taking this subject seriously and for opening this forum to comment. What I have noticed is that no one has talked about the way in which marijuana can enhance your sex life. It can be an amazing aphrodisiac. Put on some relaxing music, have a glass of fine wine and light up a joint with your wife or husband or significant other, and you will find yourself more easily aroused, and sex greatly enhanced. As the aging process takes its inevitable toll in this area, pot can be a fountain of youth.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 83

Medical use only. I have worked with recreational users in the past and they are still high hours or days after use. I shudder to think they are driving that way. Recreational use should be prohibited.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.