Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Super Contributor

Cataract surgery

Friday, December 2, 2022--6:48 pm CST

I just had cataract surgery in my right eye on Tuesday, November 15, 2022, the surgery went well and I got a good report on my post op on Wednesday, November 16, 2022.

Then on Tuesday, November 29, 2022, I had cataract surgery in my left eye, it also went well, and I another good report on my post op on Wednesday, November 30, 2022. It was the best thing I've done. I see a lot better now

Terry Marvin (Dallas, Texas)

Regular Contributor

I had cataract laser surgery in both eyes.  After the first, I noticed that I now had to wear reading glasses for the first time ever.  For the second surgery, I requested the more expensive lens in the second eye, having been advised that it "might" compensate for the need for reading glasses.  It did not.  Further, it confuses my vision since it gives different depth perception between the two eyes.  I wish I had been counseled to have the same exact lenses inserted in both eyes.  After these surgeries, I can see clearly only when I face straight-on, not to the side.  I cannot see clearly while lying on my side, so that all television viewing must be done while sitting up and looking straight at the television.  When stepping down, the depth perception is uneven, sometimes causing me to misstep.  I blame it on my opthalmologist for not advising me.  

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

You were brave to schedule only 2 weeks apart.

Did you have phaco or Femto laser and did the Dr. influence your choice of methods?

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I'm glad to here they both went well for you. My mother like her results too way back in the 90s. The medical field must be doing even better now, 25 years later.

I'll "see" you here.

Enjoy your Christmas and New Years 😊

Super Contributor

Thank you.

You also have a blessed Christmas and New Year's

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP