Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Problems with receiving emails from aarp.

Regular Contributor

Problems with receiving emails from aarp.

Signed up for newsletters, but, get message to confirm my email so I click send verification email but, I never get the email from aarp, yet, my email address is the same that that I use for my id when logging in to my account.  Also, happens when I signed up for aarp rewards.  Have talked to to people in tech support who tried to help but still does not work.  Yet they could send me emails and I also got an email when I requested a copy of my chat with aarp.  Problem happens when aarp asks me to verify my email address and I click on the link and get message to check my email but, I do not get an email verifying.  Also happens when I want to change anything in my profile.  I use both Edge and Firefox and my cache clears daily. also, the emails from aarp are not in my spam.  Very frustrating that I am not receiving the newsletters that I signed up for and that I cannot verify my email address for rewards and when trying to adjust my profile.  I wonder if I will receive an email when someone replys to this as I have email me when someone replies checked.  I can be reached at [Mod Edit - Please do not post personal details in public areas of the community]

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I know a PI that does just the computer/phones etc part if anyone wants a name and number. They'll help you out! 

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Security on all devices is so easy for the guy i know that hell set you up and you'll be done with the emails and calls etc. 

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Ya know @marvin634 I read the whole thread and don't have much to offer except to suggest that you keep after AARP until they help you get things working properly. Then set up an email account that is used for nothing but AARP...just to be on the safe side.

....Just out of curiosity did you receive an email about this post?

Regular Contributor

Thank you. talked to someone in tech support this morning and she bumped up the problem to a higher level.  And, no did not receive an email about your post even though I have it checked to receive emails when someone answers my post.  The support person was able to email me and when I check send me a copy of my chat I get the email for that.  Still do not get a reply from aarp when I try to verify my newsletter request.  Says check my emails but never get anything from aarp so that I  can verify my request. i also installed Chrome which they recommend but it did not solve the problem either so I got rid of Chrome(don't care for It)

Trusted Social Butterfly

Not a fan of Chrome either...if somebody uses my Handle (@EricC227821) in a post I get an email that contains their entire comment.  I was just wondering if that worked for you...guess not.

If I think of anything else I'll drop you a line.

Regular Contributor

Unfortunately, no email telling me of your post above, even though I have that checked to send me a email when I get a reply.  I really believe that the problem is on aarps end not mine.  Thanks for trying to help.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Still no fix by AARP,  No newsletters, no verification of my email address, no notice to me when someone responds to my messages.  Yet, can login to my account and AARP support can email me directly and send me copies of my chat messages. But, when they ask me to verify my email, I check the box, and get a note to check my emails for the verification response but never get the email from them to verify.  Not in spam and AARP is not blocked.  Very frustrating and no response from upper AARP tech support.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Now April 22, and still no response from AARP tech support. They were suppose to report the problem to a higher level of support.  Still asking me to verify my email address for newsletters and signing up online and when I click on the verify I get message to check my email for a verification response which I still do not get.  Not in spam either and I do not have AARP blocked.  The problem is the same no matter which browser I use Firefox(Preferred), Edge, or Chrome(which I do not like) I might try deleting my account online and starting over with a different email address, but, I do not think the problem is on my end.  When tech support aarp sends me direct emails I get them.  Just not the ones I need to complete my sign up and my newsletters requested. 

Honored Social Butterfly

@marvin634 

Perhaps check your “My Settings” under “subscriptions and notifications “ to see if you have the “notifications” coded to receive them.

It's Always Something . . . . Roseanna Roseannadanna
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Thanks GailL1, they are all checked use default immediate.  Also, when I login I get :  Send me an email to complete my sign up!  And, I do not get the email from AARP.  That could be the main problem?

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

It is now Tuesday, April 18th, Still no newsletters from AARP and still no confirmation of my email when I check send me an email to complete my sign up and no email verification when signing up for emails from AARP.  Is there someone out there that can help me with this problem?

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Hello, Marvin. Check your blocked emails. You may find that you inadvertently blocked AARP. Otherwise, I would choose to use another email and change it in your AARP profile/account. 🙂 

P.S. If you could, please edit your post and remove your telephone numbers ASAP! 

Thank you for the edit, Mod! 🙂

Regular Contributor

Thanks, I have checked the blocked emails and aarp is not among them.  I cannot change anything in my profile including my email address because they ask me to verify my account and check my emails for a reply which I do not get because of this problem.  Very frustrating. Also, did not get an email telling me that you had replied even though I have the notify me when I receive an answer checked.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Was able to change my password in my account details.  Guess I will try to change my email but am afraid that I might also lose my ability to login to my account and to aarp online community!  And, why don't I get an email when someone replies, which I have checked???

0 Kudos

I just signed up with AARP yesterday and I am also having the email problem. I have tried to confirm my email each time I was asked (at least 5 different times), but then never receive the AARP email they say they are sending. I also tried changing my email (to .Hotmail or .Gmail) and this did not help. Something is wrong with their system for some of us. Customer support was of little help. 

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Bubble Shooter and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP