Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Bronze Conversationalist

Logging in is a joke.....

Nearly  every time I attempt to log in to this site, my information isn't recognized. Have to change the password again, and sometimes that takes several tries before it works.

Why is this, anybody know ?

Sandee2
Contributor

Usually I can log in but mid day can be challenge, read that as web site overload. Usually that's

the least of my problems. But my problem is AARP requires me to log in again when I venture to a different area. I am still on AARP & to me that defies logic. My password helper fills the request BUT

I have to re-enter a CAPTCHA. I questioned why & their response was open ended, I still have no clue.

Honored Social Butterfly

@rodinaz 

Seems with everyOther background update of AARP you do need to do CAPTCHA’s, need to prove your a human and not a bot😷

I admit it can be a pita, my laptops and desktops are usually busy so, it’s click the school bus ,etc to prove your human on a 3x5” screen without reading glasses 🤓 3 finger squeeze doesn’t happen.

On an iPhone with Accessibility/text enlarged that doesn’t happen easily. I generally try the garbled speech, haven’t had one lately. Don’t know if they are using I’m not a robot, check marks. 750 websites, password manager for multi-character logins.

You could try what seems to be SOP (standard operating procedure) , bookmark or star favorite a successful login to a forum or several.

Deals with the annoyances of site, until the next update or several. After the next round of site updates to java, delete old shortcuts and make new ones. For AARP it works, for secure sites like banking not gonna do it.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@ss11943859 

Had to find recent report of issues for Windows 8, chromium Edge does work with it, a simple download of new browser version should work for you.

Link and instructions in article.

You didn’t mention version or name of present browser, you use. 

You may need to update present browser, click 3 dots in right corner of open window, and then click on help>about version or upgrade.You may need to hunt for updating browser, they don’t all update easily.

If you download new browser, don’t log off, shortcut it for AARP only.🤣

@nctarheel 

Re: Safari no issues on Mac or iPhone but, there is a new update coming, for security issues.

Chromium Edge runs on Windows8 

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Honored Social Butterfly

Are you using Safari as a browser?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP