Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Fluoride - Demand AARP Take Action

Message 411 of 1,448

Compact bone and,spongy bone are completely different structures and turnover in compact  bone is extremely slow and not known for any given individual. If you want to disagree with the,assesment by the NRC with an estimated floirude half removal rate of 20 years, go ahead and good luck with that. .i choose  to stick with facts.. and 20 years,is hardly the feature of a nutrient. It is an accumulative poison that causes formation of bone of poor quality. At uncertain levels perhaps around 1700 mg/kg it forms exostoses that are not reversible. Im sorry to burst your bubble but the trurh is what matters.. 

If you want you can read the fluoride toxicology chapter in the recent text top ten contributoons in environmentsl health or the original article in the journal of environmental and publuc health 439490.

Richard Sauerheber, Ph.D.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 412 of 1,448

Saliva fluoride in a fluoridated city averages 0.016 ppm, totally worthless at affecting enamel, at about 95,000 times less concentrated than in toothpaste.

So please get real.

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 413 of 1,448

Sirpac, More about the Hunza -- 

In 1996, John Tierney wrote:  

"When I went there seven years ago to write about the fabled ''Hunza health secrets,'' I understood why everyone called it Shangri-La.

"It was the most beautiful place I'd ever seen. The valley's lush green terraces were shielded from the outside world by a 25,000-foot pyramid of snow shaped just like the mystical mountain in Hilton's novel, and there seemed to be a remarkable number of old people as hale as the monks of Shangri-La. But my enchantment didn't last. The great Hunza secret to old age turned out to be its absence of birth records. The illiterate elders didn't know how old they were, and they tended to overestimate their ages by a decade or two, as I discovered by comparing their recollections with known historical events. Hunza didn't have an unusual number of centenarians, it turned out, and its traditional way of life was not a formula for good health.

"The mountain air did seem pristine, but the people spent most of their time inside mud huts breathing horribly polluted air from open fires. They suffered from bronchitis and a host of ailments like tuberculosis, dysentery, malaria, tetanus and cancer. An iodine deficiency in their diet caused mental retardation. Children went hungry in the spring as food stores dwindled. . . "  https://www.nytimes.com/1996/09/29/magazine/the-optimists-are-right.html?pagewanted=2

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 414 of 1,448

Interesting observations, Sirpac.  If only any of it were true.  

My google search showed me that life expectency in the U.S. has been on a steady incline since 1970.  At about 2010 it leveled off.  And for 3 years now it has begun to drop off. https://www.google.com/search?q=Life+expectancy+rates+in+the+u.S.&rlz=1C1GIWA_enUS592US594&oq=Life+e...

Since Water Fluoridation has been around since before the 1950s, and life expectancy has steadly gone up until 2010, your theory doesn't make much sense.  

Moreover, it appears that suicide and drug overdoses are responsible for the current drop in life expectncy in this country.  We've got bigger problems than water fluoridation.  https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/29/health/life-expectancy-2017-cdc/index.html

Your comments about the Hunza are a myth.  Aside from the fact that birth records were not kept in remote villages of Pakistan 100 years ago, Dr. John Clark stayed with these people for 20 months and recounts his experiences in his book "Lost Kingdom of the Himalayas."  

He writes:  

"I wish also to express my regrets to those travelers whose impressions have been contradicted by my experience. On my first trip through Hunza, I acquired almost all the misconceptions they did: The Healthy Hunzas, the Democratic Court, The Land Where There Are No Poor, and the rest—and only long-continued living in Hunza revealed the actual situations".

Regarding the misconception about Hunza people's health, Clark also writes that most of his patients had malaria, dysentery, worms, trachoma, and other health conditions easily diagnosed and quickly treated. In his first two trips he treated 5,684 patients.

Furthermore, Clark reports that Hunza do not measure their age solely by calendar (metaphorically speaking, as he also said there were no calendars), but also by personal estimation of wisdom, leading to notions of typical lifespans of 120 or greater.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burusho_people#Influence_in_the_Western_world

But don't let me stop you from gleaning the wisdom of snake-oil alternative medicine.  Who knows, your own fantasy may add to your own longevity.  

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 415 of 1,448

It is amazing how some people still insist that there is some 'benefit' from artificial water fluoridation with toxic industrial waste silicofluorides, when there is absolutely zero valid science to support such ridiculous assertion. Not only is there no benefit, regardless of what some authoritative bodies may claim, fluorides are category 6 toxins by law. It is abviously not a large leap to think that people, who continue to sponsor this "dilution is solution to pollution" policy, have some alterior motives that have nothing to do with health whatsoever. 

In comparison to the fluoridated US, where life expectancy continues to drop and cancer rates soar, the Hunza live up to 120 years on average, with no modern medical or chemical interventions. What is wrong with this picture? https://www.shughal.com/health-secrets-hunza-people-live-100-years-cancer-free/

See US: https://www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/national/health-science/us-life-expectancy-declines-again-a-d...

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 416 of 1,448

Richard, bones are not static. They are continuously reforming and the chemical species in bones, Ca, phosphate, fluoride) are continually being leached out and replaced.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 417 of 1,448

Richard:

1: whether or not fluoridation causes leaching of Pb from pipes is easily shown by comparing the Pb levels in drinking water from fluoridated and unfluoridated systems. The ones I have looked at show no difference - but please provide analytical data if you have any.

2: Yes, I am aware that treatment with high concentration fluoride produces CaF2 reserves in the oral cavity - these can then contribute to low concentrations of fluoride in saliva over time and inhibit acid attack on enamel as well as repair it.

It is the low saliva F cocnetration from fluodiated water and food and from leachign these CaF2 reserves that produce the changes in the surface layers of teeth which are benficial in preventing acid attack.

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 418 of 1,448

Absurd. Fluoride is not a mineral nutrient. Physiologic mineral nutrients,exert actions that are saturable,and fully reversible with dilution. Fluoride incorporation into bone is not saturable (stage 3 fluorisis has over 12,000 mg/kg in bone) and the incorooration is not reversible biochemically as for actual nutrients The estimated,half life for fluiride in bone is over 20 years, after removal from fluoridated,water exposure (N4C 2006)

This is,all old news. You can find it in the FDA fluoridation ban petition. 

The FDA after 11 years finally concluded that fluoride which has never been FDA ,approved for ingestion  is, a toxic substance andcshoyld be regulated under the toxic, suubstances control act by the EPA. Sadly the EPA,refuses and expects the FDA to regulate it because it is intentionally added by request of CDC dentists.

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 419 of 1,448

Whether there are fluoride precipitates in pipes or not, fluoridation chemicals leach lead salts ftom plumbing.

And xray analyses of teeth treated,even with high concentrations of fluoride such as in dental gels does not incorporate fluoride into enamel (which is mostly is inorganic in teeth with a small amount of amelogenin very much different than the biomatrix in bone). The fluoride then combines with calcium to form globules on teeth detected under scanning EM. These readily dissolve in,slight acidity such as when meal eating and the globules are swallowed and end up in bone anyway.

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 420 of 1,448

Whether there are fluoride precipitates in pipes or not, fluoridation chemicals leach lead salts ftom plumbing.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season