Content starts here
CLOSE ×
Search
Contributor

Princess cruise gift cards

I heard that AARP offered a Princess cruise line Gift card. I am new to the website and App and have not seen an offer. Can anyone confirm if this offer is still available?

Periodic Contributor

So extremely disappointed to find out today that the Princess Gift Cards are no longer available. This is the ONLY reason I joined a few months ago.  The rep I spoke with gave me the scripted answer, but I sure would like more of an explanation since Carnival and Holland America cards are still available and they are under the Carnival umbrella.  So extremely disappointed!

Periodic Contributor

I am fairly insulted by AARP reaching out on this thread and pushing us to use other gift cards.  I like other cruise lines, but the cards being offered (by Celebrity Cruises for example) are ONLY able to be used for NEW reservations, and cannot be applied to an existing reservation NOR for any onboard spending.  The matter at hand, is that many of us have joined AARP solely to obtain Princess Gift Cards.  This reward has been removed, and we are voicing our displeasure.  Please do not minimize our frustration.  It would have been nice for AARP to let everyone know that this reward would be leaving.  Was that really too much to ask?   

I also have no plan to renew my membership to AARP.  

Contributor

Agreed!

Contributor

I haven't found any of the perks on this site near my location. Not one thing. The only "value" I have been able to find was the discounted Princess cards. I used to get them at 10% off and they were available to everybody - member or not. Then they dropped to an 8% discount. Then they were for members only. Now they are gone and I can find no reason to renew my membership.

Community Concierge

Thank you for your membership, @RobinB483473. I can understand how you feel about the Princess gift cards leaving the AARP Rewards Program. For details, please check our article: https://aarp.info/3kpryji - Diana G.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Worthless link and I wonโ€™t be renewing my membership. 

Community Concierge

I hope you reconsider your decision, @FredH923215. We understand that many of you have enjoyed the discounted gift cards for Princess Cruise Lines through the AARP Rewards Program. Unfortunately, Princess Cruise Lines has decided to discontinue offering discounted gift cards through the AARP Rewards Program. However, we are excited to offer discounted gift cards for a variety of other popular cruise lines, plus travel savings on airlines, hotels, and more! Please visit the Rewards Catalog to see the current AARP Rewards offers: https://www.aarp.org/rewards/redeem?amp;socialid=14867868486&cmp=SNO-LITHIUM---&socialid=14914034089. - Daniela R. 

0 Kudos

THERE ARE NO DETAILS IN THE ARTICLE. NO REASON WHY IS LISTED. MANY OF US JOINED AARP FOR THIS EXACT DISCOUNT/BENEFIT. CRUISE HAS BERN BOOKED. 

Contributor

Not sure I'll renew AARP without Princess Gift Cards. The only thing of value on this site.

Contributor

Ditto

Contributor

AARP still has the cards from Holland America, Carnival, Celebrity and Royal Caribbean. Well worth the membership fee alone. A friend saved over $1500 on four staterooms for a Celebrity family cruise in the Med on Celebrity this past summer. 

Contributor

That doesn't help a Princess cruiser. :-(.

Contributor

Thank you for posting about this-- I, too, am extremely disappointed that Princess has decided to end these discounted gift cards.  There was no warning about it and frankly, I think it will definitely hurt Princess in the end.  I used these gift cards to actually take the cruises.  The savings allow me to buy and do more while on my Princesses cruises. 8%  DOES make a difference to my travel budgets.  I'm just incredibly upset as I was planning to start buying cards with the view of taking a cruise in January. Not sure now.

Contributor

The new CEO - he is penny wise and pound foolish.  I LOVE Princess - but tired of him chipping away at all values available. (A case of water delivered to the stateroom was $7.08. Last month, without notice - $24 per case. A "service charge added". Ridiculous.)

Contributor

I agreeโ€ฆI have now reached Elite loyalty level on a cruise line I donโ€™t even like anymore 

Contributor

Carnival Corporation brands all operate as independent entities. Carnival Corp does not control which brands offer discount cards to AARP. That's why Carnival cards have been a 10% discount while HAL and Princess were 8%.  In this case, Princess has ended the discount program with AARP. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

I also tried to buy them a few days ago. When I called AARP the rep read me a notice she received that said Princess is no longer participating in the AARP discounted gift card program. 

Community Concierge

@DoloresS374841 So sorry about this! Princess Cruise Lines has decided to discontinue offering discounted gift cards through the AARP Rewards Program. However, we do still have a variety of other popular brands, including Carnival, Celebrity, and Royal Caribbean.  - Janelle M.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Hi @DaleF624860. Welcome!

Yes, there are Princess Gift Cards currently available in the AARP Rewards Catalog. [see image below] 

You can find what cruises are available, here: https://www.aarp.org/rewards/redeem/#sort-by=default&type=filter_travel

Hope this helps! And, 'Happy Cruising!' ๐Ÿ›ณ  ๐Ÿ™‚

Princess Gift Cards.png

P.S. To familiarize yourself with AARP Rewards and the AARP Rewards catalog... here's some other ways to do so. 

If you just want to see what's available in all of the rewards catalog, you can go here: https://www.aarp.org/rewards/redeem/#sort-by=default. This takes a bit of scrolling.

If you just want to see what's available for points only rewards, you can go here: https://www.aarp.org/rewards/redeem/#currency=filter_points&sort-by=default

โญ‘ เน‹เฃญ โญ‘... โŒžWhat the GLITCH!โŒ ... โญ‘ เน‹เฃญ โญ‘(ใฃ อก อกยฐ - อก อกยฐ ฯ‚)
Periodic Contributor

But you can buy them or any because of this stupid error that's been happening for weeks.. 

Sorry something went wrong with the transaction. 

I have bought for years and this is the first time I can't 

Were you ever able to purchase? I've been getting an error message too.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with the gift card purchases, @MP997571. Please send me a private message with your name, email and the error message you're receiving. You can also go to: https://help.aarp.org/s/article/chat-with-aarpbot?cmp=SNO-LITHIUM---&socialid=14612707028 use click the "CHAT" icon located at the bottom of the screen. - Diana G.

0 Kudos
Contributor

There is a rumor on another website that AARP will no longer offer Princess Cruises Gift Cards.  Is this true?  Will this be temporary or Permanent?

Community Concierge

Hello @DanielC820725, the rumors are true. Princess Cruise Lines has decided to discontinue offering discounted gift cards through the AARP Rewards Program. We are excited to offer discounted gift cards for a variety of other popular cruise lines, including Carnival, Celebrity, and Royal Caribbean. To see our current AARP Rewards offers, please go to: https://help.aarp.org/s/article/rewards-carnival-gift-cards?cmp=SNO-LITHIUM---&socialid=14844602810. If you have any other questions, I'm here to help. - Daniela R. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

Since it was such a popular card to purchase,  y'all should have let folks know before it was unavailable so that folks could stock up a few if they wanted.  I understand that cards may come and go, but the lack of communication is incredibly disappointing.  Y'all seem to just want to blame Princess, when at least you could have let folks know beforehand.  I will not be renewing as a result.

Community Concierge

We understand that many of you have enjoyed the discounted gift cards for Princess Cruise Lines through the AARP Rewards Program, @StephenD118314. We really hope you stay with us. We are excited to offer discounted gift cards for a variety of other popular cruise lines plus travel savings on airlines, hotels, and more! Please visit the Rewards Catalog to see current AARP Rewards offers: https://www.aarp.org/rewards/redeem?cmp=SNO-LITHIUM---&socialid=14867868486 - Daniela R. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

Honestly, that reply kinda makes it even worse...instead of acknowledging that you made a mistake and will endeavor to let folks know beforehand before popular choices go away, you try to push other offers on me as if I can't look for myself...the problem is NOT what you have available, it's the absolute lack of communication about popular cards that may have been the main reason many folks on here signed up...wow.

I just spoke to a representative.  They said Princess is no longer selling discount gift cards on AARP site.  This seems strange to me because they are still selling Carnival and Holland America and all 3 of these cruise lines are owned by the same company

Contributor

Did you speak to a person or use their chat feature?

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

"I downloaded AARP Perks to assist in staying connected and never missing out on a discount!" -LeeshaD341679

AARP Perks

More From AARP