Community Manager
Community Manager

What can I do to help get mother up after a fall?

My mother falls down pretty often, and my back is really starting to bother me. What can I do to get her back up?

0 Kudos
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
AARP Expert

Although you can’t abuse the system by calling too frequently, most EMS teams will respond to a person asking for help lifting an ill person back to a chair or bed if you are clear when you call dispatch.  This is you asking for help to lift and clearly stating you don’t need a ride to the nearest emergency department.

Jane

If this response answered your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution. This helps those who might have a similar question find the answer faster.

For more information, see How do I use the Accepted Solutions feature.

View solution in original post

AARP Expert

AARP has a great video: What to Do When Someone Falls! 

Source: Family Caregiving Series: What to Do When Someone Falls - AARP

View solution in original post

Contributor

i HAD A LOT OF PROBLEMS WITH FALLING  SO MY  DOCTOR SUGGESTED WE ASK MEDICARE TO GET US A HOYER LIFT. iT IS PRETTY STRAIGHT FORWARD TO USE BUT I SUGGEST THAT YOUR LOVED ONE BE STRONG ENOUGH TO HELP GET THEMSELVES ON IT. WE HAD TO PAY A MONTHLY PAYMENT UNTIL WE HAD 13 PAYMENTS MADE AND THEN IT BECAME OURS. HOPE THEY WILL STILL DO THIS FOR YOU.

0 Kudos
AARP Expert

AARP has a great video: What to Do When Someone Falls! 

Source: Family Caregiving Series: What to Do When Someone Falls - AARP

AARP Expert

Although you can’t abuse the system by calling too frequently, most EMS teams will respond to a person asking for help lifting an ill person back to a chair or bed if you are clear when you call dispatch.  This is you asking for help to lift and clearly stating you don’t need a ride to the nearest emergency department.

Jane

If this response answered your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution. This helps those who might have a similar question find the answer faster.

For more information, see How do I use the Accepted Solutions feature.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

"I downloaded AARP Perks to assist in staying connected and never missing out on a discount!" -LeeshaD341679

AARP Perks

More From AARP