Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Contributor

REWARDS POINTS

I have done every quiz and have gone back to each one and the badge say's "already done." How do I earn more points?  I see some people have 200,000 points, how did they earn so many?  I love doing the auctions and want to earn more points, can anybody please help me? I'd really appreciate your input, have a wonderful day!!!

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

i LOVE AARP rewards.  Where else can you get such great stuff for rewards points & a few dollars.  I had to write because of the people bashing this.

Contributor

I only joined AARP this year and have 2000 points that will expire in a few days.  Trying to find out what good these points are is impossible.  All I can find is I can throw them away at 50 points at a time for a "chance" to earn a $10. gift card from Kroger or other stores.  Is this it? Please enlighten me what stuff I can get with these reward points.  Thank you for your help.

Community Manager
Community Manager

@m524521g There are many items you can use your points on - you are welcome to post this question here - where users will share ways they have used points!  - https://community.aarp.org/t5/AARP-Rewards/ct-p/AARPRewards .  You can also see the many ways to redeem (filters also help) using only points or using points to obtain a great discount - https://www.aarp.org/rewards/redeem/ .

AARPTeri
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Honestly, this is just a pointer to more useless information.  Why don’t you answer the OP’s question?  I feel the same way they do.  I once won $10 off a $20 Dominos pizza after spending thousands of points on drawings.  Isn’t there anything more useful to do with these points?

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

@m524521g wrote:

I only joined AARP this year and have 2000 points that will expire in a few days.  Trying to find out what good these points are is impossible.  All I can find is I can throw them away at 50 points at a time for a "chance" to earn a $10. gift card from Kroger or other stores.  Is this it? Please enlighten me what stuff I can get with these reward points.  Thank you for your help.

@m524521g  You can earn up to 7,500 points per day. If you go to the Rewards catalog there are things like magazine subscriptions for 10,000 points; Game Stop, Foot Locker, Krispy Kreme and other gift cards for points.

@AARPTeri Aren’t points good for one year?

0 Kudos
Contributor

How do I access the rewards catalog? I have searched the entire website!

0 Kudos
Contributor

I ordered a Carnival gift card and never received it either, money taken out of bank and your closed.  I will call in the morning, but seriously NOT HAPPY!!

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@roger1965  Just following up to be sure you resolved this and received your card.

AARPTeri
Contributor

Please help me I still have not gotten my gift cards for Carnival please can some one call me at *email address removed to protect privacy*

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@LashaunR708281  I have sent you an email, please respond ASAP so we can assist you.

AARPTeri
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@LashaunR708281 - We have removed your email address but also have esclated this and someone will get back to you directly.  As posted, you can also call AARP directly at 1-888-OUR-AARP ((1-888-687-2277)

AARPTeri
0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@LashaunR708281  Why don't you contact AARP? There is a link below in the light gray area or you can use this one, Contact Us!

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Now the points "medal" indicates points are available again for a quiz, but the points are not awarded. This happened on many quizes. I took them a few times each, np points. I do the points for fun, but I would be interested in hearing if people found that merchants were not honoring the discount coupons or cards. 

Contributor

Yes, This happens to me too. I will take a quiz, get the results and no points will be rewarded. Its frustrating. I wish AARP would fix this. 

Community Manager
Community Manager

@ma84442550  Can you provide us with more information.  What quiz are your trying to take where this occurs?  What browser are you using to access this?  You can send this information to community@aarp.org and we would be happy to help you further.

AARPTeri
0 Kudos
Contributor

I am just trying to access my points so I can use them...for some reason I am unable to do so!
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @rchapman39, I would be happy to help. 

In order to take advantage of earning and cashing in your points, you need to be logged into the AARP site. 

How do I know I'm logged in?

If you are logged into the AARP site you will see your name "Hi," and "YOUR FIRST NAME" appearing across the top red bar like shown in the screen capture below.  The photo below also shows that I have 75K Rewards for Good points.Logged In ViewLogged In View

Click the photo above to open it in a new browser window.  Doing this will make the photo larger and much clearer to read.

What do I do if I'm not logged in?

If you're not logged in you will see "Register" and "Login" to the far right of the red top bar.

Not Logged In ViewNot Logged In View Click the photo above to open it in a new browser window.  Doing this will make the photo larger and much clearer to read.

Since you've indicated you've already earned 50K points, you need to click on the login.  This will prompt you for your email address and password.

I'm logged in, now what?

Now that you're logged in, click on the "Rewards for Good" link in the upper red bar.  This bar also shows how many points you've earned to date.

Welcome to Rewards for Good.  Click on the "Redeem My Points" link next to the promotional photo.  I've circled it in orange in the photo below.

Rewards For Good Main PageRewards For Good Main Page

Click the photo above to open it in a new browser window.  Doing this will make the photo larger and much clearer to read.

This is the Rewards for Good Redemption Center.  You can redeem your points on local offers, Travel, Merchandise, Gift Cards, Auctions and Sweepstakes.

I'm also provided you with a few additional links to help you with the Rewards for Good program:

Please let me know if further assistance is needed.

Sandy

0 Kudos
Contributor

How do I track my orders by redeeming those points.  I can't see any intuitive link to click.  I either see earn or redeem points but nothing about the transaction history.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@p12345rwrote:

How do I track my orders by redeeming those points.  I can't see any intuitive link to click.  I either see earn or redeem points but nothing about the transaction history.

Hi @p12345r  Your Rewards for Good Account keeps record of your activity. Here's how to view that:

Go to your Rewards for Good account. (Click on 'Rewards for Good' in the red navigation bar at the top of your screen.)

Click on Rewards for Good in the red navigation bar.Click on Rewards for Good in the red navigation bar.

You'll see this in the center of the new page:

Rewards for Good start pageRewards for Good start page 

Click on 'Redeem My Points' to get the red navigation bar at the top of your screen to include a 'My Rewards' option. Click on 'My Rewards'.

Click on 'My Rewards'Click on 'My Rewards'

Annnnnd ... you'll see this page. From here you can monitor various types of activity specific to your account. I haven't used my rewards points to buy anything in months and months, so I couldn't show you such a record in my personal account, but if you've spend rewards points, that will be noted here. To find the debit transaction you may need to dig down a number of pages, if you earn daily rewards points.

The My Rewards History page, from which you can monitor all sorts of  account activity.The My Rewards History page, from which you can monitor all sorts of account activity.

Hope this helps!  🙂

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
0 Kudos
Contributor

The "My Rewards" link on the red bar does not show up until I click to Redeem Points on the Goods for Rewards page.  This is certainly not intuitive.

Honored Social Butterfly

@p12345rwrote:

The "My Rewards" link on the red bar does not show up until I click to Redeem Points on the Goods for Rewards page.  This is certainly not intuitive.

@p12345r  No, no, you are right. I skipped that step in my directions. Apologies.  I'll go edit that post so that it shows that step as well.

Epster

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Regular Contributor

I'm having the same issue and noticed you cab earn points (50 per $1 but only on certain items s) if you connect you Walgreens card to your AARP card.. Search AARP Walgreens for more info. I just connected my accounts and I am waiting to see if it works.
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@mgddebi wrote:

I have done every quiz and have gone back to each one and the badge say's "already done." How do I earn more points?  I see some people have 200,000 points, how did they earn so many?  I love doing the auctions and want to earn more points, can anybody please help me? I'd really appreciate your input, have a wonderful day!!!

These points are worthless.  I currently have 62,600 points and if you can get AARP to transfer my points to you, I give my permission. 

Contributor

Hello, I really appreciate your thoughtfulness but I just read that you can't give or transfer reward points. Go ahead and use them, try a Auction that's really fun!  I have won a $50 Foot Locker and $100 Restuarant.com gift card.  

I'm still trying figure out how to earn more points after have completed all the quizes.  Wonder where else I can earn points. Well good luck to you!

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mgddebi,

Some of the quizzes and tools can be taken/used daily and other are less frequent, such as once a week/month or once in a lifetime.  The badges will help you determine whether you can take the activity again or not.

Promo codes are another way to earn more point.  Promo codes appear in every Rewards for Good newsletter (sent twice a week) and also in the weekly AARP Webletter.  If you want more promo codes ensure you're signed up for these.  

Sandy

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP