Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Post Flooding message keeps appearing.

Honored Social Butterfly

Post Flooding message keeps appearing.

Since the site was changed a week or so ago, I keep getting this message while trying to post a reply in a topic. When it appears, it's impossible to post the reply which means time spent for nothing. It's really aggravating to have it happen over and over. Can it be fixed, or is this new annoyance a permanent feature?

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

The problem is still happening. There was nothing in this post except what I typed, so why is this happening over and over? Some posts can be submitted with no problem, while others (seemingly at random) can't be submitted because of this glitch.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@Panjandrum 

It has cleared up for me - I am sure that @AARPMichaelP will be on it tomorrow - if no word, you can PM him.  The problem was they had the flooding set for (3) and they raised the limit to (5), I think.  Flooding is when the same post is trying to be posted multiple times - this limit keeps down people (commercial seller or something like that) from blasting their spill all over the Board.

One thing - do you ever go to your Profile and clean out the Drafts -

When this error message was going on with me, every time it gave me that error message, the post ended up in my DRAFTS folder - every time, I was trying to post the reply - and got that error message - it ended up in my DRAFTS.  Multiple times.

Might check that - at least clean them out.  Leave the newest one and when you have cleaned out the others, click on the remaining one and hopefully it will them post.

It's Always Something . . . . Roseanna Roseannadanna
Social Butterfly

@Panjandrum   What community forum are you trying to post in? It sounds like to many people are trying to post to that forum at the same time. 

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

The forum I'm using is Politics and Current Events. I haven't had the "post flooding" message for a couple of days, but now it's the one about correcting the HTML and to try again. I click reply again and get the same message over and over. It shouldn't be this difficult to reply to a post.

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Panjandrum - Update: I have been informed that is being done for security reasons.  It’s stopping it just in case the information includes malicious content. I know some or most of the links that are shared are harmless in nature, but we do this to keep our community a safe space for all!

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Thanks for your reply, I appreciate it. Perhaps you can clear this up as well. When I get the message about an HTML problem it says to correct the highlighted areas........What am I supposed to correct, I've never seen anything highlighted?

It also says " The invalid HTML has been removed. Please review the message and submit the message when you are satisfied", yet most of the time when I try to re-submit the message it simply displays the same message again. Other times I can submit the message and it posts as it should. What is going on with that?

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Panjandrum, can you send me a private message with screenshots of the issue you are experiencing so I can work with our appropriate resources to fix the issue?

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Until I can do that, I can tell you it's the message about an HTML error that needs correcting and to try again. That message has been appearing for a long time but a second click on reply always worked. Now I just get the same message over and over.

This is the message:

Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. The invalid HTML has been removed. Please review the message and submit the message when you are satisfied.

This is something I don't understand......why do we keep getting that message at all? I haven't seen anything like it on any other message board I participate in.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Can anyone from AARP give an answer to this problem?

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Panjandrum, we are aware of this issue and we are looking into it. 

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP