Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Is Laptop, Desktop, or Phone Your Device of Choice?

Bronze Conversationalist

Is Laptop, Desktop, or Phone Your Device of Choice?

Sometimes when trying to help others find or do stuff online, I give suggestions based on using my laptop, which is usually what I'm on when coming to the AARP community forums. But sometimes those suggestions won't work for people who are browsing online with their phone, due to the size and orientation differences in the screens we're looking at. So I'm wondering:

• are you using your phone right now?
  • do you usually use your laptop when online?
  • is a desktop computer your device of choice?

And, do you know how to increase or decrease what is displayed on your screen so you can see it better?

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

• are you using your phone right now?

Nope, guess again

• do you usually use your laptop when online?

Still no, and my laptop desperately needs replacing so when I do need it - it frustrates me

• is a desktop computer your device of choice?

BINGO. I work from home and use my online discussion groups like this and some others on other websites as my psych breaks.  

> And, do you know how to increase or decrease what is displayed on your screen so you can see it better?

Yes. But I'm still having problems with the AARP community forums. I usually can catch on to some new interface quickly. But maybe I'm getting too old to be taught new tricks. 

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

@ninaTx I am using my phone for the first time to make a reply in an AARP forum. It is a challenge. I don’t like typing on my phone, too many typos. So I try to dictate, but the typos are worse that way. Makes me think that people who browse the forums with their phone may be extra inhibited about posting.I admire the people who can browse by phone and make it work.

Anyway, taking psych breaks is so important when we work at home. I speak from personal experience.

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@DeahWA  Laptop 100% of the time I'm in the on-line community.  Christine

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

@Rhymesometimes is it possible that people don’t spend as much time online as you and I do? LOL. Say it ain’t so.

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Hi @DeahWA  - I use my iPhone for AARP and most things for the sake of convenience. I can zoom in and out on it. Sometimes I use my laptop for email, certain websites and when I need to print something. 

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Hi @LindaB671 I don’t know how you do it. I’ve made these responses by phone, mostly because I’m still in bed. But it has not been easy. I admire your skill and doing so.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP