Honored Social Butterfly

Explain These Counts

I do not understand how the counts are working - let's take this short example in the "RETIREMENT" board:

https://community.aarp.org/t5/Retirement/how-to-obtain-old-W-2-or-IRS-taxes-for-the-last-40-years/td... 

The original post shows (2) KUDOS - the post itself has NO kudos but there are (2) given to other posters (me) - so the original post is gonna show all the kudos given in the whole thread ?

The original post also shows 10017 views under the original posters name but the actual post only shows 130 views of this post???????????

Confusing to say the least - is there an explanation - a logical one or is this something that needs to be corrected??

It's Always Something . . . . Roseanna Roseannadanna
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @GailL1! There's something funky going on in the back-end coding of the online community. We are working with our vendor to get the count issue fixed. Appreciate your patience as we get this problem solved!

0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

My guess, OP has made 10017 views while a member of the community. OPs topic 1st post has had 130 views.

Under my profile I have 32,000+ views and 29000+ views of topics. I guess the difference may be that when I view the same topic a second time it's not counted.

AARPViews20.jpg

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@cat0w 

I am talking about on the actual post - not in their profile: - not sure where you got the numbers you posted ?!?!    Here's a screen shot. Well, as good as I can line it up -

Screenshot_2020-07-26 how to obtain old W-2 or IRS taxes for the last 40 years .png

Screenshot_2020-07-26 how to obtain old W-2 or IRS taxes for the last 40 years (1).png

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@cat0w 

Actually this is the ONLY POSTER under any board that has this info showing ??????

0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

@GailL1   Thank you. I got my numbers from my profile. I created a topic and looked to see what showed up and only the count for my message one shows. 

My total page views do not change for everything that I click on in AARP. 

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Try the new AARP Perks browser tool! Get timely reminders about AARP resources, discounts, and other member benefits as you browse online. Install AARP Perks now.

AARP Perks

Members Can Play More

Membership unlocks free online games and puzzles including classic Atari Games. Join today for just $12 per year with Automatic Renewal.

AARP Membership

AARP Rewards

Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts. Get started with AARP Rewards now!

AARP Rewards Badge

Music and Brain Health

From soft jazz to hard rock - discover music's mental, social and physical benefits. Learn more.

Music and Brain Health