Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Honored Social Butterfly

Explain These Counts

I do not understand how the counts are working - let's take this short example in the "RETIREMENT" board:

https://community.aarp.org/t5/Retirement/how-to-obtain-old-W-2-or-IRS-taxes-for-the-last-40-years/td... 

The original post shows (2) KUDOS - the post itself has NO kudos but there are (2) given to other posters (me) - so the original post is gonna show all the kudos given in the whole thread ?

The original post also shows 10017 views under the original posters name but the actual post only shows 130 views of this post???????????

Confusing to say the least - is there an explanation - a logical one or is this something that needs to be corrected??

It's Always Something . . . . Roseanna Roseannadanna
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @GailL1! There's something funky going on in the back-end coding of the online community. We are working with our vendor to get the count issue fixed. Appreciate your patience as we get this problem solved!

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

My guess, OP has made 10017 views while a member of the community. OPs topic 1st post has had 130 views.

Under my profile I have 32,000+ views and 29000+ views of topics. I guess the difference may be that when I view the same topic a second time it's not counted.

AARPViews20.jpg

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@cat0w 

I am talking about on the actual post - not in their profile: - not sure where you got the numbers you posted ?!?!    Here's a screen shot. Well, as good as I can line it up -

Screenshot_2020-07-26 how to obtain old W-2 or IRS taxes for the last 40 years .png

Screenshot_2020-07-26 how to obtain old W-2 or IRS taxes for the last 40 years (1).png

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@cat0w 

Actually this is the ONLY POSTER under any board that has this info showing ??????

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@GailL1   Thank you. I got my numbers from my profile. I created a topic and looked to see what showed up and only the count for my message one shows. 

My total page views do not change for everything that I click on in AARP. 

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP