Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Social Butterfly

Continuing A Story

Started a story in the Entertainment forum in Leisure and Lifestyle.  Until a few days ago, it was fine.  We log in, go to the next window, reply and add to the story.  It's not doing that now. The Topic Heading is Start A Story, and it has turned into a complete jumble the last few days, posting is not in order.  Need some tech help.  Is there a simple way to correct this problem? Thank You, Rhymesometimes

Social Butterfly

@Rhymesometimes 

I just looked at your topic and I didn't see a problem. See second image below as to how I sorted the replies. Click on, tap, or activate image to enlarge it. See image below as to how to complete (activate image to larger size) enlargement of image.

AARPtellastoryB.jpg

Image Two

AARPTellaStory21.jpg

Social Butterfly

@cat0w Thank you for following up.  I found a way to get the last few entries into proper date order last night, and tested it out.  I think the problem was that two people were submitting something at the same time.  I'm far from a tech sort of person, but there was a simple fix, and I will now be able to continue with the story.   Looking for more people to write on the "Start A Story " on Leisure and Lifestyle.  It's been a lot of fun having a collaborative story writing project.

Honored Social Butterfly

@Rhymesometimes 

I finally got them in date/time order by working with "My Settings"

This is how I did it just in case it comes back up again with this thread or another one.

Go To MY SETTINGS

Then choose Preferences

Then choose Display

Then set it up like this: (see pic #1) - Linear Layout; Absolute Dates - then SAVE

Keep going ( see instructions below Pic #1 below)

Picture #1 

AARP Settings for date order.PNG

Then Go to Linear Layout

Check OLDEST First in the sort order and then SAVE

Here is a screen shot (Pic #2)

PICTURE #2

AARP Settings for date order Linear Layout.PNG

Once you have SAVED all of these changes, when you go back to the Thread of "Start A Story" in the Life & Leisure Board - all the post are in date/time order - but the initial beginning post will show up at the top of each page - past that, they all continue in date/time order.

Now if @cat0w or @AARPMichaelP can just tell us/me how to keep these setting on JUST this thread and maybe others where the date/time order is of utmost importance (like the song one - @Anonymous ) then it should work.  I just don't want all my reading on this AARP Community board to be this way - I want them in reply order.  Is that possible ?? - To have different settings for different threads?????

It's Always Something . . . . Roseanna Roseannadanna
Social Butterfly

@GailL1 thx for tips  Hopefully we don't have that problem again.  Will be continuing the story.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @GailL1 unfortunately I cannot use the AARP Board Settings on my Android. It keeps freezing up. I had talked with @AARPMichaelP about this. 😭 But your suggestion will work on a laptop, computer, and so on. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@Anonymous 

Sorry -

yea, I just read on my iphone (don't post anything long on it)  or my ipad (ipad is very old) -

It's Always Something . . . . Roseanna Roseannadanna
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Ms./Mr. Expert @cat0w hmmm care to help us out with our jumbled Song thread in the Front Porch Home? 👋 Lol, we post, cannot find it. 🤣😂 I started a new thread yesterday (Friday) and nearly went to AARP Jail. 😱 Moderator merged my new thread with Dave's old Song thread that he created in 2012, up to about 800 pages!!!  Lol now we cannot fnd my new thread. 🤣😂 No biggie if not fixable, but it was really fun getting the game going again with new thread. 😭 Folks had stated old thread was a black hole and I agreed. Could not find new posts I had received AARP emails notifying me of. Yes I had subscribed to old and new threads. I am sure @DaveMcK would appreciate your expertise. 😉

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Bubble Shooter and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP