Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

What would you do with a day off and $200? Tell us for a chance to win!

Community Manager
Community Manager

What would you do with a day off and $200? Tell us for a chance to win!

The pandemic has blurred the lines between work and home making it even hard to disconnect.  But disconnecting from it all is an antidote to stress, even if just for a day. 

We would love to hear what you would do with a day off and $200.  Ten of the of the respondents will receive 50 AARP Rewards Points!

Post your day off idea here between March 1 and March 31, 2021 and you will be entered for a chance to win a 50 AARP Rewards points! 

Have you enter the AARP Rewards Take a Day Sweeps?  If not be sure to visit and enter here:  https://www.aarp.org/getrewards/campaigns/2021tad/

* No purchase necessary. Legal Residents of the 50 United States (D.C.) Ends 3/31/2021. See Rules  including odds, and prize description. Void where prohibited.

AARPTeri
Regular Contributor

I will first give charity to the extent of 10%. Then I will buy a gift to my granddaughter. I will buy something to eat for my family. Rest of the money(whatever is it) will be kept by me for future expnses. Giving is my pleasure.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I will be more happier to goive charity of 10% of $ 200. Then 

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I'd get my eyelashes/eyebrows done (about $75) and tip the aesthetician the rest of the $200

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

I would treat my self to a day going to lunch and save the rest of my $200.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Everyday is a holiday

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Amen

0 Kudos

With 200.00 to spend for the day off, I would go to the JeJu spa and get a body scrub, a facial, a message and foot reflexology equaling 150.00.  I would go to a vegetarian restaurant and spend 30.00 and then, I would find four homeless people and give each of them 5.00 each--sharing my blessings with them.  What a wonderful day off and an awesome blessing.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I would go to a favorite dine out restaurant outside and leave rest for a tip for waitress and server staff.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

I would do the same. I always leave the waitress a very good tip because they only make $2.13 and hour. They need the tip money. Bless you, Chris00721.

0 Kudos
Info Seeker

I WOULD HAVE MY HAIR STYLED INSTEAD OF JUST CUT TO SAVE MONEY. THEN I WOULD GO TO MY FAVORITE SPECIAL ANTI-BELLUM AUTHENTIC RESTAURANT IN FRUITLAND PARK WHERE I LIVE, THE ROSE GARDEN FOR A SPECIAL GOURMET

DINNER WITH MY SON.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

That sounds great. Wish you the best.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I would get my Communications Director for my company, Aladay Mobile Media and take her to lunch and go on a journey to promote our new weekly podcast series where we ask the burning question, What's Going on in Your Corner of the World?

That would be an awesome way to start our new project...we plan to do things via a telecommute basis but we also plan to take the production on the road at some point....We came upon this decision because social media has afforded us opportunities to communicate with people around the world and we are finding that even though they may speak a different language, eat different foods, they are people also. They also have the same concerns as we do in the USA. GMO Technology encroaching into the food supply, governments becoming to overbearing, the right to bear arms and free speech being impinged. So our thought is this...how can we show people It really is a Small World and we all have to share it...What makes this project so exciting is the fact I'm a 60-something and she is a 20-something...

That said here is to hoping we capture a massive audience and become successful...

BTW...GREAT question

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would definitely get away for a massage and facial.  I haven't had either in a couple of years and it would feel so nice.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

I need a day to my self just to relax and do nothing.

0 Kudos

Take a weekend trip to the mountains or the beach!!

0 Kudos

As a retiree I enjoy my free time to do some gardening, but with the $200 I would buy some plants to beautify my shared cul de sac in our neighborhood.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would enjoy being able to go for a relaxing trail run with a new pair of running shoes.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would find an Air BNB or similar, take my kids, their dogs and my 2 month old granddaughter and cook, play board games and relax. We would need a pool, we all swim and wide open space to run with the dogs. We are all vaccinated but we’ve had little time to be together and my son starts residency in another state soon so we all need uninterrupted time together.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would take my 2 daughters to the boundary waters canoe area. and relish in the natural beauties it has to offer

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would take a road trip to Homer for weekend, its beautiful views of ocean and good food and just a peaceful place to go. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

If I had a day off I would wake up early, do yoga and then drink coffee on my porch. I would then take a walk in a local park and volunteer at, or donate to, the local food bank. I would use the money to make a delicious, homemade meal and rent a movie, or watch one of my favorite shows. I would round out my beautifully, slow paced day with a lavender, epsom salt bubble bath before going to bed early!

0 Kudos

Would spend a day at the mall alone and use the money there.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Not all the money, maybe a little shopping not to go broke, save some.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

A day out would be nice. I would love that just to be out and enjoy my self.

0 Kudos

It would be so nice to spend a night away in an Air B&B or a motel near the ocean,  just to breathe in the slt air and walk the beach wouod be devine.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

My 2 cousins are adorable and sweet, they are 1/2 years and 2 years. I would like to take them out to eat and then to the park for a full day out. To me that would be great.

0 Kudos

i would take my 2 little girls out shopping to buy legos and buy something for the house 

0 Kudos
Contributor

I WOULD GO ONLINE AND BOOK A SPA TREATMENT WHEN C-19 IS OVER I WOULD DEFINITELY NEED I, AFTER ALL THESE TEAM AND ZOOM MEETINGS!!!.

PEACEQUEEN M JOHNSON
0 Kudos
Info Seeker

I would get a couples massage with my sweetheart 

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP