Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

What would you do with a day off and $200? Tell us for a chance to win!

Community Manager
Community Manager

What would you do with a day off and $200? Tell us for a chance to win!

The pandemic has blurred the lines between work and home making it even hard to disconnect.  But disconnecting from it all is an antidote to stress, even if just for a day. 

We would love to hear what you would do with a day off and $200.  Ten of the of the respondents will receive 50 AARP Rewards Points!

Post your day off idea here between March 1 and March 31, 2021 and you will be entered for a chance to win a 50 AARP Rewards points! 

Have you enter the AARP Rewards Take a Day Sweeps?  If not be sure to visit and enter here:  https://www.aarp.org/getrewards/campaigns/2021tad/

* No purchase necessary. Legal Residents of the 50 United States (D.C.) Ends 3/31/2021. See Rules  including odds, and prize description. Void where prohibited.

AARPTeri
Contributor

If I am the recipient of the $200/day off challenge, I would destress  by swimming laps in an outdoor pool, then have a couples massage with my hubbie in the afternoon and finish by eating a rib dinner at our favorite restaurant!

I work at home and also on our homestead, but would love to give my husband (who works 12hrs a day) off, and take him out somewhere special.  Even if it's just a long drive and a picnic. He manages a department responsible for making sure everyone is able to work from home, but he doesn't get to.  He deserves so much for all the stress he's dealing with right now.

The pandemic has caused me to rethink my living situation. I have decided to ask a very good friend to move in with me when he retires in August. He currently lives in another state. I already have a second bedroom but if I won some money I would use it to buy some furniture on Facebook Marketplace and decorate a masculine room for him. He will be 71 in June. I will be 64 in September. This living arrangement will help both of us financially.

Contributor

If I were the luck one to win the $200. I would add a patio  and garden to our home. We have been in the process to moving from Atlanta to Myrtle Beach. We lost our only child at 24 years of age 2 years ago and we have decided to move closer to our family. This would give us funds to build a garden next to a patio in honor of our angel in heaven.

If I were given a day off and $200 to spend at Kroger, I would go on my bike to the beach down the street and relax and read a book and give thanks for staying healthy at my age. I would also give thanks for all my wonderful family and friends - that's where I like to do it while I hear the wave crashing along the beach. It's peaceful there. 

Contributor

If I was gifted with a day off and $200.  I would first have my husband take the day off work and I would pamper him, let him sleep in instead of having to get up at 5am for work, we would do things together maybe walk in the park, then go to a really nice steakhouse for dinner.   Go shopping and have him buy something really nice he's been wanting but didn't buy because we needed the money for a doctors bill.   It would just be a hubby day because he works so hard for us and never takes time for himself....

Info Seeker

I would spend some of the money on new plants and work in my flower garden. Then relax with a good movie.

0 Kudos

I would spend it on a Spa day and a facial. I am 64 yrs old and have never been to a spa. After that I would walk the whole store of IKEA

0 Kudos
Contributor

If I had $200 and a day off, I'd spend my day drinking Hot Chocolate while taking the AARP Safe Driver & CompTIA Certifications after verifying the deposit in my account of course. lol First things First. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

If I am the recipient of the $200/day off challenge I would give me myself and my virtual grands a day out of school and take a trip to a museum and lunch of their choice. Then I would treat myself to a spa for a couple hours..

Trusted Contributor

That's a great idea. I would take my cousin to dinner and enjoy her company, she never gets to go out and enjoy herself. Her income is maxed out and there is no extra money for anything. I know I won't win the $200 but I still can take her someplace

for her to have a good dinner.

I would  love to do that for her.

0 Kudos
Contributor

If I am the lucky candidate to win the $200. I will   use it for a spa day with wine and hors d’oeuvres to relax and gather my thoughts on how to retire.

Trusted Contributor

Great idea.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I lost the love of my life 5 months ago and I would visit Church or chapel to give thanks for all the good people out there 

I was going to buy me some clothes I don't never buy anything for myself

Trusted Contributor

It would be a nice family affair at the beach and enjoy myself ridding on the yacht taking pictures and just having fun.  Swimming at the motel enjoying family and friends.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

A day all to myself and just relax and do nothing. Go to a motel and just relax and get plenty of rest. I do babysit for my cousins sometimes but I am in need of that much-needed break away from the babies, God knows I love them with all my heart but a much-needed break is needed. I would not give them up for all the Gold in China because I love them so much. 

God bless all of you.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

I would pamper myself, a day at the spa, getting my nails done, go out to dinner, enjoy family and friends with masks on, and staying safe. This would make my day, since the panic I haven't been able to attend any outing, nor close connections with family and friends. There is not too much we can do with family and friends until we have put a cure to this panic. Everyone must stay safe doing these pandemic times. 

We have to-it's a must that we all stay safe doing these times as AARP explains. Stay safe people and be careful of getting close to others if not family members. 

0 Kudos

I would be very grateful and thankful. Take my 82 year old mother to her favorite restaurant (Red Lobster).1🥰

Trusted Contributor

Could not be any better than that. I wish my mom was living.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would go get my Daughter who I haven't been able to spend much time with during the pandemic and have lunch and go get mani/pedis.   Very relaxing!

Contributor

My name is Susan. I won all 10. I feel I deserve tone pampered asI once was.  Unfortunately, my wonderful husband passed away a while back.  I miss these luxuries like a massage, facials etc.  I hope you pick me, as I would be most grateful..if I can answer any further questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me.  My first line gives my email address and my first name..psI do read everything I receive from AARP..in addition, I renewed for 3 more years..Thank you and please be safe.

[NOTE: email address removed from public view for your online safety]

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would love to go on a long drive with a couple sister friends and have a nice lunch or dinner.  The pandemic has really interrupted our sister friend time,  and I miss that face to face connection so much.

0 Kudos
Contributor

i would pay some bills to be more debt free and maybe donate some money to my church.

Edie Naiman, West St. Paul, Minnesota - AARP Chapter in the Twin Cities

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would buy or download a the latest C J Box book, make a mug of Tazo Matcha Grapefruit tea and head to the Lake. 

0 Kudos
Info Seeker

I would like to sit back an BBQ in the garden.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Great idea.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I would take my family out to dinner and watch a good family movie .

If I had a day off and $200 to spend, I would take an all day deep sea fishing excursion and enjoy a nice dinner at the end of the day.

0 Kudos
Info Seeker

If I had a day off and  $200 cash ,,,,,???? I would start with a nice hour massage then follow up with a nice lunch Best part of day  find some thrift stores or any second hand store to find unique and never know what you may find Goody's then just relax the rest of the day

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP