Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Community Manager
Community Manager

new wedding ring and some champaine lol

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

My husband and I had a lovely picnic in a local park and went to the Zoo!

0 Kudos
Contributor

I went to church then had lunch with my girlfriends after a wonderful loving message at church I felt filled with love for all including myself. 

0 Kudos

Since we are following all the rules to stay home, my husband is fixing me

a special surprise dinner!!! I am so excited and it will be better than going out!!!

0 Kudos
Contributor

Sadly, I will be working for 8 hours.  But, my wife has been preparing some of my favorite foods for the last part of this week - like Pecan cake, and pumpkin pie and steak wrapped in bacon!

0 Kudos
Contributor

Delivering the 286 Valentines I prepared to Community Nursing Home Residents!! My parents both had massive strokes 5 weeks apart this past fall, and after standing outside a window in a facility trying to communicate with a parent during Covid 19~~
I feel compelled to add some sunshine to an elderly personโ€™s day!!

Contributor

Bless your heart!  Wish I had thought to deliver Valentines to a nearby care facility.

Instead, I took a another walk with my partner - something we started in August to get outside for exercise. We linked our iPhone step counters to our AARP membership and itโ€™s motivating to see the miles add up!  Today we clocked our 500th mile! Itโ€™s easy, fun and feels great. Weโ€™ll keep going.  Mary

0 Kudos
Contributor

I'll be 1-day post 2nd Covid vaccination, but hopefully well enough to go snowshoeing.  If not, I'll snowshoe on my day off work on Monday.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

I will be home staying safe. I will order food to eat and just stay home and watch some TV.

Staying safe is the best thing to do. I would love to go out but with this Covic I feel it's best to stay home. People please be safe if you go out, please wear your masks. Stay away from other people. Don,t get caught up with this Virus. Please stay safe. PLEASE

I bought my girl a box of See's chocolates. She can't resist them! 

Contributor

Takeout dinner  from local restaurant, then borrowing two grandchildren so their parents can go out. Decorating some โค๏ธ cookies with them.

Trusted Contributor

Great company, the grand kids.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Spending TIME with Grandkids to give their parents some Alone Time.  Itโ€™s a Win-Win for Everyone!

Trusted Contributor

Yes it is. That is super great.

0 Kudos

My husband of 43 years, and I will start the day with a little yoga together, then a nice Sunday breakfast, cook and clean-up together, some intimacy in the afternoon then a romantic, at home, dinner!!

Contributor

I will be going to church, In person for the first time in a very long time.

Periodic Contributor

Watch the Daytona 500!!!!!!

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

I am spending the day delivering flowers and candy to all of my women and then sticking around for the payback!  โค๏ธ

0 Kudos
Contributor

Staying home by myself & watching tv. No different than any other day.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Watching TV a great idea.

0 Kudos

Same here for me except I have cats who are good company.  I did make cupcakes for my neighbour & her kids.  I used red, food colouring to make the vanilla frosting a deep, rose pink. My neighbour, her teenaged daughters were thrilled, but the four year old was shouting in excitement.  This took my thoughts off that no Valentine cards arrived, there have been no text messages or phone calls from family or friends living out of state or from friends here.  I am beginning to accept the fact that holidays are not for divorced, childless people.

0 Kudos

I will be sending out cards to family members and friends who are far from me.  I will be making a heart shaped cake and zucchini bread for friends who are close to me on Saturday and Sunday.  Happy Valentine's Day!

Contributor

I will be spend it with my Fur Babies!! Lilly May 2 year old Chocolate Lab, Shadow 8 year old long hair black cat, and Boots a 4 month old black and white short hair cat. These are the loves of my life!!

I just read your message about spending the day with your Fur Babies.  I had posted a message that frankly was self-pitying. Your message made me realize how blessed I am to also have fur babies. Agatha Christie is a 13 year old, short hair cat, Peregrine Took(Pippin for short) is a5 year old short hair, orange tabby cat, Mei Ling is a 21 month old, Lynx Point Siamese, shirt hair cat & Josephine is a 7 month old, Calico short hair bundle if mischief.  Thank you for reminding me that having fur babies means never being alone.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

My husband (a graphic artist) always creates something for special holidays and this year he definitely didn't disappoint! Even though "the kids" are all gone now and the house is VERY quiet, we remember each and every one of our family fondly. Have fun with all of your Fur Babies!Valentine's Day, 2021Valentine's Day, 2021

0 Kudos
Contributor

I sent my mother (she's 85) a small rosebush.

Trusted Contributor

Staying sharp and talking to people by video. Giving a card or flowers by video. Letting people know you still love them even if you can't meet with them in person. A great way to stay safe.

Plant some flowers for someone, or leave a plant at their door. 
For heavens sake, let them know it will be you digging in their garden or making noise around their front door so they donโ€™t call the police!

Contributor

alone as usuall

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroidsยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP