Community Manager
Community Manager

How have you saved using your AARP Rewards?

We have passed our First Anniversary and would love to hear how have you saved and how much have you saved using the program. 

We have heard some good stories about how some of you have saved and want to hear more!

Share your savings stories here so others can reap the savings tool! 

AARPTeri
0 Kudos
Contributor

I’m sorry to read so many negative comments. I love the new rewards program! I feel I am truly being rewarded! This past year I have earned over $350 in rewards plus I get a workout in while watching fitness videos. Win-Win 🤗🥳

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Before things were changed I use to buy $100.00 gift cards for $90.00. I loved being able to do that as I could then buy things on sell and make even more. It was also nice to use at restaurants. I have not been able to find those things anymore. Spending thousands of points for a $10.00 gift card seems senseless. It is a waste of time. I do use them to play games, but I have not won since things changed. When we could bid with the points, that was fun, until AARP started bidding for people. I could not get a bid in when that began. Of course we do not do that anymore either. Maybe when Covid19  ends I will begin traveling again. Maybe I can use them at that time. There is only one grocery store that is in my area and it is too far away for me to get a $10.00 gift card. I would spend that much on gas. Maybe you should go back to the $100.00 gift cards and get some for grocery stores like Walmart or Publix.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I've not really used the new program, because so far I haven't really found anything available under the new program thats worth the trouble of acquiring.  The discount on the gift cards is too small to justify investing the remainder of the card cost.  I wish there were more special deals that you came up with, such as the Le Creuset items you featured a couple of years ago.  You also used to send out notices of special film viewings, but I've not seen those in several years. Obviously they couldn't be done right now.    If there were points only items available that would be worhtwhile.  

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

I don't know exactly how much I've saved but most months it's around $75.   Sometimes less, sometimes more.   If I win any of the daily prizes, it's more.   Once when the program had weekly prizes, I got a wonderful $50 Michael's card and used it to buy storage boxes to pass my rock and shell collections along to the grands.   I usually choose restaurant cards and have had several free meals from Panera Bread and Carrabras.   Love those!   One month I got the Marshall's cards but haven't used that one yet.  I plan to make a trip to Home Goods which is also included on that one.

The banner includes donations I think so I'm not using that total to say how much I've saved.   I do like that we can support the feeding seniors AARP Foundation program with our points.  

Still hoping for some points only deals this month.   Everything above $10 was gone on October 1 by 6:30 a.m. EST when I looked.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I earned $300 in Home Chef gift cards, which was fantastic. Are points-only gift cards ever coming back? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

In May, 2020 I was involved in a automobile accident that left me with a vehicle that would soon be demolished. So, I went to a dealership to purchase a new vehicles. The combination of AARP and Pandemic incentives. I saved $3,000.00...Score

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Online Community Refresh

Online Community has updated the site design in our discussions area to make it easier to connect, follow a conversation and access resources.

The new look and feel will be rolled out in multiple phases starting with these initial improvements in the conversations and replies levels.

Learn more about the new design today.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png