Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

AARP Rewards Travel Contest 2022 - 5/9-5/27/22

Community Manager
Community Manager

AARP Rewards Travel Contest 2022 - 5/9-5/27/22

Welcome to the AARP Rewards Travel Contest 2022.  This contest will run from Monday, May 9, 2022 until Friday, May 27, 2022. 

Where is the first place you plan to travel now that Covid restrictions are lessening and why? How are you using AARP Rewards to save money on your trip?

Tell us what you are planning to do with travel opening up more after the pandemic!  Answer these two questions for a chance to win one of five (5) $100 AARP Rewards Travel gifts.  All participants will receive 50 AARP Reward Points for posting their response.

To enter, reply to this post with your travel plans and how you use AARP Rewards to save.  

Sharing your travel plans enters you for a chance to win one of five $100 AARP Rewards travel related cards along with 50 AARP Rewards Points just for posting!  A panel of judges appointed by AARP will select the top posts.

Rules for the contest are posted here -   https://community.aarp.org/t5/AARP-Rewards-Connect/AARP-Rewards-Online-Community-Travel-Contest-202...

AARPTeri

My husband and I have spent the last several years caring for aging parents and adult children, so have not been able to travel at all. We will celebrate our 45th wedding anniversary in 2024, so we first have to purchase a newer vehicle (ours is a 2005), and then we plan to travel to locate our ideal retirement destination to where we might move in a few years. We would use the rewards to help with that trip. It's time for the two of us to travel and have some fun!

Periodic Contributor

We're treating our nephews and their spouses to an Alaska cruise tour as a thank you for the ongoing assistance they provide us in our senior years. At age 89, my husband has had to relinquish some of his chores to the younger generation, and our nephews and their wives have stepped up to the plate by cutting, splitting, and stacking our winter supply of firewood, hanging shades on our screened porch, laying pavers, and so much more. We have been fortunate to travel a great deal including taking two trips to Alaska. They, on the other hand, have rarely left our state, and, as lovers of the outdoors, they are thrilled with the prospect of exploring the last frontier, spectacular Alaska! I am using rewards points to accumulate gift cards to apply toward our flight and cruise bookings.

Trusted Contributor

This is so wonderful. Not only that you are gifting your nephews and their wives, but also the fact that they are their for you. That is a blessing when so many seniors have no one to help out. I'm proud of them (and I don't even know them) and I'm happy for you.

Contributor

We're going to travel to Alaska and use rewards there.

0 Kudos
Contributor

We are planning a trip to Ireland and we'll use our rewards to save on expenses there.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I will be going to Tennesse and North Carolina for concerts

0 Kudos
Contributor

I met my husband 50 years ago this month and it was love at first sight. We still have a love that is so strong. I would love to celebrate these 50 years by going on a scenic train ride in Colorado since we can't get around very well anymore.

Trusted Contributor

This sounds wonderful. I'd love to take a train ride. Love at first sight and still going strong after 50 years! Wow. You are blessed. I would love to meet my special mate and spend the rest of my life in a loving relationship. I see you on the train taking that scenic ride through Colorado - smiling, laughing, holding hands and just having big fun. 50 years, that's a wonderful thing.

0 Kudos

Playa del Carmen on a ladies trip.

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Contributor

I would like to visit my sister in Montreal, and have not seen her in years.  She is getting old, and is not healthy.  I already lost one, and did not get a chance to see her.  

0 Kudos
Contributor

My plans are to visit a dear, dear friend in Arizona who is dealing with Stage 4 breast cancer. She is finally able to undergo surgery and I want to be there in person for moral support.

0 Kudos
Contributor

My cousin I planned a trip to Nevada we never been out there> But i am looking forward to spending time sight seeing the state we have never been too.

0 Kudos
Contributor

My family and I are planning on traveling to Isla Culebra and San Juan Puerto Rico this summer. I want to use various travel discounts available through AARP. First, I would like to book my flight and car rental through AARP travel. Then I would like to use various restaurant cards at a discount.

0 Kudos

Ireland or Portugal

0 Kudos

We're planning a trip to London to visit old college friends who we haven't seen in 3 years.  We'll use the rewards for loding.  

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

We are planning to travel to a lake in Minnesota that my Dad visited 60 years ago. We

will use AARP Rewards for travel costs.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

We are planning to travel to a lake in Minnesota that my Dad visited 60 years ago. We

will use AARP Rewards for travel costs.

0 Kudos
Contributor

My husband an I would love to go see our grandson and new granddaughter. They recently moved into a new house and my husband has not seen them or the house since covid started in 2020! Would love to spend some time with them this summer and get aquatinted with our grand children face to face. They live in New York and we live in Arizona.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I want/need to visit New Zealand. I have relatives there that I haven't seen since the 1960s. US travel restrictions to NZ have finally been lifted and you can't find a better place to visit. Everything from the beaches to the mountains to the people is great...once you have been there you will love it.

0 Kudos

I'd like to go to my grandmother's birthplace and where she was forced to flee from in 1915: Armenia. I would use my points hopefully for lodging or food.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I'd like to go to Las Vegas

0 Kudos
Contributor

I don't have any specific plans yet but I'd like to go with my husband to visit his daughter in another state.  I would look at AARP savings for rental cars.

0 Kudos

Ireland

0 Kudos
Contributor

We will be traveling to Boston in October.  First vacation since 2019.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Five friends and I just returned from a trip to Spain and Portugal and four of that group will visit San Jose del Cabo in January 2023. I plan to use AARP Rewards in March 2023 while visiting Ireland with my husband and sister-in-law. We're so glad to be "On the Road Again"!

0 Kudos
Contributor

My husband and I plan to travel to San Diego in Oct and plan to use my points for hotel stay, dining, and fun activities. I am glad I am a member.

0 Kudos
Contributor

We began our back to traveling by heading to Las Vegas in January to celebrate my 70th birthday.  What a fun time we had riding the zipline on Fremont Street at 2:00 in the morning as well as checking out the pinball machine museum during the day.  I have used Rewards for everything from gift cards to gas cards for my granddaughter!

0 Kudos
Contributor

I am planning to go to Idaho to visit my brother-in-law who has had some serious medical problems this last year. I will travel by car and use some points for motel discounts.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

My daughter married and moved with her husband to Canada just months before COVID closed the Canadian border border. Over two years now, we want to travel to Canada to visit them and see their life. We are looking at AARP’s flight and car rental services, as well as gas, restaurant and miscellaneous gift cards to use (depends on whether we drive or fly and what can be used in Canada)!

0 Kudos

I am planning a trip to California to see my granddaughter. I will use my points for gas and lodging on my way there.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP