Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

AARP Rewards Travel Contest 2022 - 5/9-5/27/22

Community Manager
Community Manager

AARP Rewards Travel Contest 2022 - 5/9-5/27/22

Welcome to the AARP Rewards Travel Contest 2022.  This contest will run from Monday, May 9, 2022 until Friday, May 27, 2022. 

Where is the first place you plan to travel now that Covid restrictions are lessening and why? How are you using AARP Rewards to save money on your trip?

Tell us what you are planning to do with travel opening up more after the pandemic!  Answer these two questions for a chance to win one of five (5) $100 AARP Rewards Travel gifts.  All participants will receive 50 AARP Reward Points for posting their response.

To enter, reply to this post with your travel plans and how you use AARP Rewards to save.  

Sharing your travel plans enters you for a chance to win one of five $100 AARP Rewards travel related cards along with 50 AARP Rewards Points just for posting!  A panel of judges appointed by AARP will select the top posts.

Rules for the contest are posted here -   https://community.aarp.org/t5/AARP-Rewards-Connect/AARP-Rewards-Online-Community-Travel-Contest-202...

AARPTeri
Contributor

Would love to just get away for some quite time with my wife! We will use the rewards for gas! 

0 Kudos
Contributor

We just finished up our trip to Tennessee and are now planning our next trip to Florida Keys. Our last stay at Islamorada was amazing. We could see 20 ft below the water to the starfish crawling on the bottom as well as a huge sting ray gracefully swimming under our canoes.

0 Kudos
Contributor

My children and I are traveling to Pennsylvania to stay in an AirBnb Cottage, which is located next to a large creek.  I purchased a kayak for my son as a Christmas present and he's eager to get out on the water.  He's also an avid fisherman, so the location suits us perfectly.  AARP has discounted AirBnb gift cards available, which allows us to spend more vacation time together.  In addition, we're looking into the possibility of renting a car utilizing AARP's resources.  I plan on using rewards points for vacation activities, and AARP makes it possible to redeem points quickly and easily, once we've made definitive plans. I'll definitely be watching for AARP member discount/double points days at Exxon, as I linked my accounts long ago to take advantage of this valuable perk.  Overall, the discounts and resources available to me, as an AARP member, allow me to spend less money and more time doing the things I love most with my family, and we can't wait to get back on the road this summer!

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I am going to my mother's 90th birthday in Edmonton AB Canada, I used AARP rewards to order flowers.

Periodic Contributor

I will attend my friend's wedding in August in AB Canada. I use AARP rewards to source a wedding gift.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Q: Where is the first place you plan to travel now that Covid restrictions are lessening and why? A: Door County (Washington Island) Wisconsin. Why? It is within driving distance and is a beautiful, quiet setting to relax and unwind. 

Q: How are you using AARP Rewards to save money on your trip? A: Using AARP Barclays MasterCard for points. Entering an AARP Rewards sweepstakes and cross our fingers to win.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I plan to go to FL to visit my brother who is now in an assisted living facility, I haven't seen him since a couple months before Covid hit !  I need to get down there to check on him in person. 

0 Kudos
Info Seeker

• I would love to visit my niece in TX. She is going through chemo
0 Kudos
Contributor

We're going to see my wife's family in the DC area after years away, and we'll be using AARP Rewards for discounts - and incorporating the many road trip suggestions we've accumulated from AARP!

0 Kudos

I want to take my first solo trip as a widow.  off to Italy eat pray love.  skipping the India part though

0 Kudos
Contributor

Hi Teri!  My family and I will be taking some road trips to CT, MA, Buffalo, PA & MD to visit family, friends and to make new memories.  We will be using AARP travel tips and I will definitely be showing off my AARP card proudly for discounts Can't wait!!

0 Kudos
Contributor

Planning a Canadian Fishing Trip with four of my high school buddies in July.  We'll be using rewards on lodging, gas, food and our favorite beverage !

0 Kudos
Contributor

Planning a Canadian Fishing in Ontario in July with four of my best friends from high school !

We'll be using rewards for gas, lodging, food and our favorite beverages !

0 Kudos
Contributor

I am going on a Scuba diving trip to the Philippines in October 2022.  The trip has been rescheduled six times due to COVID.  The borders to the Philippines have been shut down for two years due to COVID.  The borders recently opened.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Planning a scuba diving trip to the Philippines in October 2022.  The trip has been rescheduled six times due to COVID.  The borders to the Philippines has been shut down for two years due to COVID and has recently opened.

0 Kudos
Contributor

We are planning a long weekend to Fridley Minnesota for my son's wedding. We plan to use our AARP Rewards for booking our hotel and while dining out.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would love to rent an RV and follow our honeymoon route.  Married almost 50 years.  We visited Vermont, and Nova Scotia.   Did a circle route - absolutely a photographer delight. We also took the car ferry from Portsmouth Me to Nova Scotia.  Breathtaking. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

My husband and I have been married 10 years and members of AARP all this time.  We have had very little vacation time in our marriage, except several road trips to spend with family, a lot of times just when someone dies or marries. My husband has never been on a real vacation since childhood..  I would like to have a real vacation for our anniversary to Savannah, Georgia to sightsee the architecture and history and perhaps to to Savannah Beach.

0 Kudos

I plan to go to Florida (South Beach) and Vegas with my partner.  I am going to use my rewards on dining and gift cards 😉.

0 Kudos

I planned to take my best friend ànd me to Dollywood. We both loss our husbands in 2020. And were just talking about making a trip to Dollywood

0 Kudos
Contributor

I am planning two drives. First to  Hickory North Carolina. Will stop at  some sight seeing places along the way. St, Petersburg fl., Savanah Georgia, Greenville South Carolina.  Back to Charleston SC.  Home.. The second drive later is to visit  my sister in law in Canada. Then visit friends in  Fort Wayne IN

then home.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I am planning on going to Florida and I am looking forward to visiting my sister-in-law and nephew. I going to Universal Studio and seeing the sights and beaches.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I plan on visiting my mother on the west coast. She broke her arm earlier this year and I was there to take care of her. I will go back now in the summer and spend more time with her now that she can enjoy things more and we can go on a hike in the mountains. I will use my AARP rewards to save money on dining and bring along a couple gift cards I have redeemed through AARP rewards. 

0 Kudos

I would like to visit my sister and brother in Florida.

0 Kudos

Going to London with family.   Will use the article on TSA tips.

0 Kudos
Contributor

We want to go to Terlingua down in Texas and Big Bend to see and visit the ghost town there. Bill Ivey and family have recreated over thirty years. A great place to visit and just relax with all the beautiful scenery god has provided for us. Cannot wait to go there.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

We're planning on a staycation and using AARP rewards to eat at local restaurants.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Heading for the State Parks of Michigan for some beach time, family time, and lovin up the Grands!

Along the way we'll grab some chow from some of the AARP rewards instant winners we have accumulated, or purchased from the daily special. As we pull a camper we have our own bed & breakfast on wheels!

0 Kudos

Trip to England to celebrate a 100 th birthday. Using AAPR for discounts on car rentals, hotels etc..

0 Kudos

Planning a nice weekend getaway in Massachusetts. Using AARP to get a discount on our hotel.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP