Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

AARP Rewards Travel Contest 2022 - 5/9-5/27/22

Community Manager
Community Manager

AARP Rewards Travel Contest 2022 - 5/9-5/27/22

Welcome to the AARP Rewards Travel Contest 2022.  This contest will run from Monday, May 9, 2022 until Friday, May 27, 2022. 

Where is the first place you plan to travel now that Covid restrictions are lessening and why? How are you using AARP Rewards to save money on your trip?

Tell us what you are planning to do with travel opening up more after the pandemic!  Answer these two questions for a chance to win one of five (5) $100 AARP Rewards Travel gifts.  All participants will receive 50 AARP Reward Points for posting their response.

To enter, reply to this post with your travel plans and how you use AARP Rewards to save.  

Sharing your travel plans enters you for a chance to win one of five $100 AARP Rewards travel related cards along with 50 AARP Rewards Points just for posting!  A panel of judges appointed by AARP will select the top posts.

Rules for the contest are posted here -   https://community.aarp.org/t5/AARP-Rewards-Connect/AARP-Rewards-Online-Community-Travel-Contest-202...

AARPTeri
Contributor

I am taking my grandson Brody to Wisconsin to meet Grandma Stella Abbott. Brody is the son of my daughter Sunday. I named Sunday after my friend Sunde. To this day the Abbotts call my daughter baby Sunday even though she will be 40 in June. I have not seen the Abbotts since Sunde walked on December 20, 2000. 

I plan to use AARP for discounts on a car rental as well as hotel rooms. 

0 Kudos

I am planning on going to Hawaii for my 60th birthday with my daughter. I am planning on using my rewards for hotel discounts and restaurants.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Tennessee to do some off road riding. Using AARP card to save on motel stays.

0 Kudos
Contributor

We are going to Atlanta GA for a family reunion.

0 Kudos

I'm planning to return to Kenya to take my youngest son on a Safari.  Then to meet my new in-laws!

0 Kudos
Contributor

My wife and I would love to visit Teton National Park this fall (closed during Pandemic.) We are hoping to rely on winning $5000 prize from AARP to finance!

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

We are planning a trip to New Braunfels, TX to visit friends and check out some good restaurants there.  We haven’t visited since before covid.  We’ve been friends since high school when we were 14.

0 Kudos

Planning to travel to Hawaii or a Hawaii Cruise as a Birthday and Retirement gift to myself.  I would like to use AARP reward for Air Charge & Hotel

0 Kudos
Contributor

My family will travel to St. George Island, Florida. We had reserved a house last year for July, but were unable to go because we learned in May that my husband's cancer had spread and he only had about a month to live. He was able to stay home with Hospice Care. (He died June 28th) Of course, had to cancel the trip. Rental agent was able to re-rent house, so we didn't lose our deposit. They have sent messages throughout the year, just checking on us. When I discovered this same house was available for the week of June 19-26, I just jumped on it. Everyone was able to get that week off. This will be a respite from all the stress of "firsts" leading up to the 28th. Will use rewards points for food and such. It won't be the same without him, but I am thankful we will be able to make this trip and share memories, love, and laughter.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Planning to travel to West coast. Always wanted to go see the Pacific Ocean. I use my AARP rewards for hotels and insurance.

0 Kudos
Contributor

We are going to Maryland to visit and meet up with family. Our AARP rewards will help with finding great deals on food and activities.

0 Kudos
Contributor

We are planning a trip to an all-inclusive resort in Cancun, Mexico for our 30th wedding anniversary. We haven't been to Mexico in years! I will be using your travel website to book a package deal. The adults only all-inclusive resorts look amazing!

0 Kudos
Contributor

Finally going on our postponed trip to San Francisco.  Only have airfare done, haven't found hotel or activities.  Will use AARP to get the best rates on car rental and hotel.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Our plan is to take a road trip through some of the northern states we have not visited.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Will travel to central Oregon to visit my deaf son there.  Haven't seen him for 4 years.  Miss him & his loveable Golden Retriever.   Will use my AARP card @ Best Western Hotels--always a great choice..

0 Kudos
Contributor

In July, I will be visiting my old hometown for my granddaughters high school graduation party. 👩‍🎓 Haven't been home in a number of years. I'll use my rewards however I can! Gift cards, discounts on food and any other deals I can find! 💲🍕🍻

0 Kudos

We just did our trip. We live in Evergreen CO and we did a road trip to Grand Junction and saw Monument National Park, then to Moab UT and saw Canyonland, Dead Horse State Park and then Arches National Park. Next was the Grand Canyon- Sourh Rim, Telluride CO and took the Million Dollar Highway to Pagosa Springs. Out last stretch was The Great Sand Dunes and Salida. Beautiful trip. We used our AARP ever where we could.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Usa gift cards

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I'm planning to visit all the countries my great grandparents came from and I check AARP Rewards for gift cards I can get with my points.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Going to Chicago for a family milestone birthday. Will use AARP rewards to get discounts on things to do and restaurants. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Contributor

Planning on visiting local and state sites since moving to a new city

0 Kudos
Contributor

we would like to travel to CT. and visit with friends, one which is bedridden with m.s. Love to spend time with their children ,who will be there in June. Will use rewards for lodging or food.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

We plan to take a trip on the train between the US and Canada. We use the AARP rewards to help us plan our trips. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would most definitely travel anywhere and everywhere that I haven't been yet so far! possibly Disney Land with my kids. I've always loved Disney and I'm a big kid at heart so I know me and my kids would most definitely have the best time of our life's! definitely make memorable memories to cherish and explore what our beautiful world has to offer ! I'm a foodie so I most definitely would travel and try all the different foods around the world and experience and have an adventure with my family ! we definitely won't feel safe unless we bring and have our trusty and dependable AARP behind us and keeping us safe and protected! feel safe and secured knowing @AARPTeri  has our backs and secured while traveling and exploring our beautiful world! Thank You@AARPTeri 

0 Kudos
Contributor

We will be going to Nashville for a family party and the AARP rewards will help us find a nice hotel in Nashville.

0 Kudos
Info Seeker

I've never been to apostle Islands or Mackinac island. Would use aarp for hotel savings and lunch at Dennys on the way

0 Kudos
Contributor

Hooray!  The world is finally opening up!  We have a wonderful house, I certainly can't complain, but it's beginning to feel like a luxury prison.  And the wonderful world is just out the front door.

I want to go to Ashland, OR, for the Shakespeare festival, and then to the rugged Oregon coast.  I will use AARP points for lodging discounts, and use AARP for sights to see along the way.  I"m already packed.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I will take a trip to Greece including the island of Santorini. I’ve wanted to go but obviously COVID hampered the opportunity. I plan to purchase updated luggage and day bags with security features that will offer me extra protection. AARP is the perfect resource for travel plans, insurance and luggage.

0 Kudos
Contributor

After a year long struggle with a misdiagnosed knee injury finally resulting in a partial knee replacement, I had promised myself a much needed vacation. We all knoiw what hapened. Now that there is a reopening happening I checked out two  books from my library about rail trips. My plan is to take a train ride across the country and back, perhaps staying for awhile in the various cities along the way. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

Looking forward to being able to CONVENIENTLY cross the US/Canada border again. Toronto has wonderful restaurants, museums and parks my husband and I enjoyed on our honeymoon TWENTY YEARS ago. Niagara Falls on their side is far less commercial than the corresponding city on our side, as well. AARP discounts will help with many expenses of the trip(s).

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP