Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

AARP Rewards Travel Contest 2022 - 5/9-5/27/22

Community Manager
Community Manager

AARP Rewards Travel Contest 2022 - 5/9-5/27/22

Welcome to the AARP Rewards Travel Contest 2022.  This contest will run from Monday, May 9, 2022 until Friday, May 27, 2022. 

Where is the first place you plan to travel now that Covid restrictions are lessening and why? How are you using AARP Rewards to save money on your trip?

Tell us what you are planning to do with travel opening up more after the pandemic!  Answer these two questions for a chance to win one of five (5) $100 AARP Rewards Travel gifts.  All participants will receive 50 AARP Reward Points for posting their response.

To enter, reply to this post with your travel plans and how you use AARP Rewards to save.  

Sharing your travel plans enters you for a chance to win one of five $100 AARP Rewards travel related cards along with 50 AARP Rewards Points just for posting!  A panel of judges appointed by AARP will select the top posts.

Rules for the contest are posted here -   https://community.aarp.org/t5/AARP-Rewards-Connect/AARP-Rewards-Online-Community-Travel-Contest-202...

AARPTeri
Contributor

Looking forward with great excitment to visit Machu Picchu with my Queen! AARP rewards will help off set some of the cost for this grand vacation!

0 Kudos

My grandson is flying me to Myrtle Beach and meeting me there.  He lives in Austin, TX.

0 Kudos
Contributor

When COVID hit we were just beginning our visit with family and friends in California. SFO was getting ready to close so we had to leave before we'd planned. The first place we would go is back to California to see our family. We would use our AARP rewards for disccounts on car rentals, meals in restaurants, visit National parks, theaters, and so on with our family.

0 Kudos
Contributor

My family plans to travel to Paris for a week this summer.  We also hope to visit family in Washington, DC over July 4th holiday.

0 Kudos
Contributor

i would take my child, my elderly disabled mom, and myself to Hawaii. We have never been and it is definitely on our bucket list! 

0 Kudos
Contributor

• I am taking a Holy Land cruise for my 60th and plan to use AARP hotel discounts in Rome and Civitavecchia, and use Royal Caribbean gift cards for onboard purchases.
0 Kudos

We are planning to go back to Las Vegas. We love seeing the great shows and eating at the exciting restaurants! Next year we hope to begin cruising again. We would love to cruise to the South Pacific!

0 Kudos

Drive down the Oregon Coast and keep on going.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Planning on going on a cruise.

0 Kudos
Info Seeker

Planning on finally taking our honeymoon to Alaska after being delayed for 2 years!! We will be using AARP to find the best cruise discounts! Thank you AARP!

0 Kudos
Contributor

I am planning a trip to Dallas , Tx for my great niece & great nephewโ€™s 1st birthday celebrations.

0 Kudos

We have a vacation we paid for before the pandemic. 2 nights in Vegas. We need airfare and fun money. I am a retired educator and my wife is disabled. We live on a very fixed income

0 Kudos

I plan to travel to different bus stops to compare wifi signals, housing, furnishing, and so on to see how it affects the community streetwise

0 Kudos
Contributor

I'm taking a cruise that will go first to Alaska and then to Hawaii.  Although I've been to Honolulu, I've never gone to the other islands, and this will be my first trip to Alaska.  There will also be several sea days and those are my favorite part of cruising.

0 Kudos
Contributor

South Korea.  I was supposed to go last year for my 50th birthday present.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Me and my husband are planning a trip to Gatlinburg Tennessee. We love the Mountain Viewโ€™s and Dollywood and there is so much to see and do there. We use are AARP rewards for everything it lets us use it on food, hotel.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I am taking a tour of England, Scotland and Wales this August. It was originally schedule for 2020. I hope to use the rewards to save on  trip incedentials

0 Kudos

We leave Alaska tomorrow for our trip to see family, friends and our "bonus family". on the East Coast. Start Memorial Day weekend on Long Island to celebrate the Bat Mitzvah of a great-niece of my BFF since 1964. Then we travel to the Jersey shore to spend Memorial Day at what will be one of those Ancestry.com moments when the child adopted out 53 years ago will spend the first time with both birth parents, half siblings,etc. - my "bonus family". Then it's on to Philly where we grew up and we get to hang out with relatives and friends who shared our childhood and memories. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

When COVID hit, my husband and I were planning a trip to British Columbia for our tenth anniversary. Two years later, we still hope to make this trip. Living in Oregon, we plan to drive up the coast and take a ferry to Victoria. No definite plans yet, but we still want to do this.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I just returned from 2 weeks in beautiful Portland, OR. I used AARP Rewards to save on groceries and restaurant meals.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I want to travel to my paternal ancestorโ€™s homeland โ€” the Isle of Man.  I have been learning about it and hearing family stories all my life.  It is not a major travel destination, but a place filled with tradition and folklore.

0 Kudos
Contributor

My daughter and I are hoping for a West Coast trip from LA to Seattle.  We'd use AARP travel for hotel discounts.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Family road trips first.  Warm Caribbean vacation next after hurricane season.  With high prices for gas and travel in general, I think someone categorized today's travel correctly when they coined the term "Revenge Travel" - revenge for being locked up by Covid for the last 2+ years.  "**bleep** the torpedoes, full speed ahead!"

Periodic Contributor

My wife and I are going to Disney World for our daughterโ€™s wedding in the Epcot park. She postponed her wedding for two years, rescheduling it twice due to the COVID pandemic. Our family, the groomโ€™s family, and their close friends will also be there.

0 Kudos
Contributor

We are planning a Carnival Cruise! We will use the Carnival Cruise gift card discount for both paying for the trip and for on board spending as well. Can't wait!!!! 

0 Kudos

We traveled to the desert southwest this spring and purchased a motorhome! We can now enjoy our home in Alaska in the summertime, and explore the southern tier of the US at our leisure. AARP rewards helped us secure rental cars and RV resort spaces on our travels. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

It was Russia; BUT, maybe just San Jose Ca. now !

0 Kudos

I just booked a trip to Colorado to visit my daughter in September.  I haven't seen her in 2 years since covid began.  I already used AARP for discounts to book the hotel room and rent a car. It was definitely a big savings...

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

we are planning a trip to california to visit family I haven't seen in about 20 years. reminice about my childhood. introduce my kids to my childhood memories thru places, food, people. of course, we are going to use gift cards I have won, bought with discounts, points,etc. from AARP rewards from traveling to and back and of course in california. thanks a bunch!

0 Kudos
Contributor

Plan to visit Niagara Falls and use rewards on lodging. 

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP