Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

AARP Rewards Travel Contest 2022 - 5/9-5/27/22

Community Manager
Community Manager

AARP Rewards Travel Contest 2022 - 5/9-5/27/22

Welcome to the AARP Rewards Travel Contest 2022.  This contest will run from Monday, May 9, 2022 until Friday, May 27, 2022. 

Where is the first place you plan to travel now that Covid restrictions are lessening and why? How are you using AARP Rewards to save money on your trip?

Tell us what you are planning to do with travel opening up more after the pandemic!  Answer these two questions for a chance to win one of five (5) $100 AARP Rewards Travel gifts.  All participants will receive 50 AARP Reward Points for posting their response.

To enter, reply to this post with your travel plans and how you use AARP Rewards to save.  

Sharing your travel plans enters you for a chance to win one of five $100 AARP Rewards travel related cards along with 50 AARP Rewards Points just for posting!  A panel of judges appointed by AARP will select the top posts.

Rules for the contest are posted here -   https://community.aarp.org/t5/AARP-Rewards-Connect/AARP-Rewards-Online-Community-Travel-Contest-202...

AARPTeri

We are planning on traveling in September by motor home to South Carolina for two weeks to celebrate my retirement.  Can't wait

0 Kudos
Contributor

I am looking at traveling to the UK, then buying a Eurail pass and seeing Europe. That was my plan about 45 years ago when I got out of the army. I started in Greece but got sidetracked to Italy. After walking around Rome for a few days, I began to feel homesick. It had been two years since I had been back to the US. I hopped on a train to London, went straight to the airport, and waited until I got the first standby flight in the morning. I haven't been back since. I thought that I would try again after retirement, but I retired at the start of the pandemic, so travel wasn't an option. Now, I believe that it's about time.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I plan on visiting my sister in Anchorage, Alaska and our friends on Kodiak Island. We might visit Talkeetna, also. I'll get discounts on car rentals and maybe restaurants.

=^..^=
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

We are planning to travel to Charleston,SC to see Family. Since we are driving, we stay overnight to space out our trip and utilize hotel accommodations discount thru AARP.  

0 Kudos
Contributor

I plan to travel to Arlington, VA over Memorial Day weekend. I am staying at the Holiday Inn at

Reagan International Airport.

0 Kudos
Contributor

May be traveling to Europe this summer. Just returned from Central America. Hope to use my AARP rewards points for some of the travel.

0 Kudos
Contributor

On a cruise to New England and Canada. There is a Holland America gift card from AARP I plan to buy!

0 Kudos
Contributor

I plan to travel to Spain and Italy on a trip that has been put on hold for 2 years.  I use AARP for hotel and flight discounts.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Normally we use our vacation time to visit family, and that is still important to us. But this year we are going to visit as many National Parks as we can in 16 days. We'll probably head west since that is where most of the National Parks are. We like to stay at Best Western hotels because they give us an AARP %15 percent discount on our room.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Family reunion! Havenโ€™t had one in three years. Just a few hours away in northern Ohio and gas will be at a premium but itโ€™s FAMILY! Staying at a campground which offers discounts for AARP which will offset gas costs. Thank you!

0 Kudos
Contributor

I want to go to Maine. I have not yet any Rewards offers. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

I plan to take a cruise down a river or a coast line  here in America.  I've dreamed about taking a cruise most of my adult life. Now that I'm a senior and my children are grown and my husband went to heaven, it's time I get it off by bucket list. This type of cruise I can afford and will enjoy greatly. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

I'm getting ready for a cruise to the Caribbean on Carnival Cruise Line. By being a member of AARP I'm able to get 10% off of Carnival Gift Carrds. Plus I'm able to get discounts on hotel stays, car rentals, and restaurants in the area I'm going to before the cruise.

0 Kudos

We would like to travel to Italy, staying in Tuscany with excursions to Cinque Terre and Florence.  AARP discounts for hotels and car rentals are AARP benefits we use all the time.  Thx!

0 Kudos

Italy

0 Kudos
Contributor

We plan to go to Conway, SC as we are considering moving there.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I plan a trip to Kansas to visit grandkids, sometime yet this Spring!  I use a lot of my Rewards Points for local restaurants and other places. And I love the surveys and quick quizzes!

0 Kudos
Contributor

I am traveling to South Dakota with my kids!  I will use aarp for a better deal on hotel and car rental!

0 Kudos
Contributor

We are going on a Carnival cruise! We love Carnival.

We use AARP purchased Carnival Gift cards to save 10% on each cruise!

0 Kudos
Contributor

We are heading to Florida for our first family vacation.  Still in planning stage. But looking forward to celebrating a special family members birthday. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

My wife and I plan to visit our past favorite places in a 2,200 mile road trip to the South Jersey shore, to her hometown Bethlehem PA, and to Newport, RI where we lived 50 years ago.

0 Kudos

Planning on visiting the Amalfi coast for our anniversary. Use AARP for travel discounts on hotels. Can't wait to get travelling!.

0 Kudos

We will fly to Aruba to celebrate our 50th Anniversary. We use our AARP to save on car rental.

0 Kudos
Contributor

WOW! What a great idea!

I have so many great places I want to go, but I think I would put a large map on the wall and throw a dart to decide which one to go to first. Then, I would check the AARP website to find places to stay and dine that give me AARP discounts and get gift cards for dining and transportation. 

TX AARP.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I plan to travel to Florida to visit family and will use AARP for hotel discounts.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I am traveling to Texas in the fall for the Houston Quilt show and to other sites in the area. Use AARP discount for hotel..  

0 Kudos
Contributor

The first place I plan to travel is to the national parks in the western United States with a tour company.  I will use my AARP Rewards for member savings on the tour company cost.  

0 Kudos
Contributor

@AARPTeri wrote:

Welcome to the AARP Rewards Travel Contest 2022.  This contest will run from Monday, May 9, 2022 until Friday, May 27, 2022. 

Where is the first place you plan to travel now that Covid restrictions are lessening and why? How are you using AARP Rewards to save money on your trip?

Tell us what you are planning to do with travel opening up more after the pandemic!  Answer these two questions for a chance to win one of five (5) $100 AARP Rewards Travel gifts.  All participants will receive 50 AARP Reward Points for posting their response.

To enter, reply to this post with your travel plans and how you use AARP Rewards to save.  

Sharing your travel plans enters you for a chance to win one of five $100 AARP Rewards travel related cards along with 50 AARP Rewards Points just for posting!  A panel of judges appointed by AARP will select the top posts.

Rules for the contest are posted here -   https://community.aarp.org/t5/AARP-Rewards-Connect/AARP-Rewards-Online-Community-Travel-Contest-202...

Going to my favorite country, Italy and to my happy place, a beach town on the Adriatic sea called Riccione!!!

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

How I am longing to return to San Miniato in Florence, Italy.   The place offers a spectacular view of the city, and the richness of this renaissance masterpiece of a place to walk and wonder comes alive.   It is a good starting point before one goes walking through the great and historic meandering streets below.

I would use the prize money to help fund this trip of my dreams.  For a while there, I feared I might not be able to return again with the world issues being what they are.  Now that I remind myself that time is our most precious commodity, I hope to climb those stairs again to see a view that will take my breath away and remind me of the beauty in our world.

0 Kudos
Contributor

We are heading to Wisconsin to visit family and friends. We are using our AARP discount for the rental car.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroidsยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP