Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

AARP Rewards Holiday Savings & Budget Contest 2022

Community Manager
Community Manager

AARP Rewards Holiday Savings & Budget Contest 2022

Share how you use the Rewards Catalog to support your holiday giving and budgeting for a chance to win one of eight (8) $50 gift cards.  

One example from previous year's posts:

I purchase the max amount of Build-a-Bear gift cards for two months and use them as stocking stuffers for my grandchildren.  

Runs from 9/27 - 11/23/22. Click here for rules

AARPTeri
Regular Contributor

I like using the restaurant gift cards to entertain family and friends over the holidays.

Info Seeker

I enter all the contests at chances for cash and gift cards to give as gifts for Christmas! On disability, it's hard to afford gifts.

Contributor

I buy gift cards with the rewards and they make great gifts

Contributor

I purchase gift cards from the Rewards Catalog and either give them as gifts/stocking stuffers or I redeem them during sales &/or combine them with senior discounts.

The gift cards are the best as I make gift card trees for my kids each year!!! 

Contributor

so we save all our winnings in gift cards or purchases in gift cards thru out the year and then come holiday time we go through them and decide who gets what. being on a fixed in come and disabled this really helps with our limited budget and aarp rewards has been a great blessing for many years

Periodic Contributor

I purchase the maximum amount of gift cards I can throughout the year to use as gifts for the holidays. And I earn points throughout the year in order to purchase them.

Contributor

Buying items with points and discounts lets me be more a more generous gifter with my limited budget!  I can include a couple more people in my gifting and even pass cards and codes along to the local charities that make baskets and care packages for needy in the community. 

Contributor

We buy gift cards or other opportunities year round and then have options for gifts at Christmas or other occasions.

Periodic Contributor

I buy a grocery coupon to save on holiday meals. This year I got the bamboo spoons to use as stocking stuffers (a memberโ€™s only reward paid for with points.). And, I get gift cards. I live all the options that AARP has. Itโ€™s nice to save on the gift card purchases. 

Contributor

For Thanksgiving dinner, I  redeemed 4 Giant Eagle grocer y coupons to save 8 percent off my grocery bill off the top.

Contributor

I buy discounted cards to use for shopping. I also enter a many sweepstakes as possible. 

Contributor

My favorite use of AARP Rewards is to buy Carnival Cruise Line gift cards. We love to cruise, so saving money with these gift cards is important to us! The gift cards help us to stay on budget with our travel expenses. My husband retires next year, so staying on budget will be even more important then.

Contributor

I enter the AARP contests for cash and if I win I plan to use the cash for Christmas presents.

Contributor

I buy discounted Safeway grocery cards and when I use them at the Safeway grocery store, I save 8% on every purchase!

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Great minds think alike!! I also do the same thing at my local grocer (Kroger) I especially love to save 8% on groceries but I also buy gift cards for Kroger and use them to buy gift cards to restaurants we frequent when they have 4 X fuel points and save money filling the tank! This month I get a dollar off each gallon up to 35 gallons. We'll fill my husbands truck and gas cans up to the max.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Extra Credit ,Extra Credit ,don't miss out on all the Extra Credit learning opportunities ,all year.Expand your knowledge and get gift cards for participating ,IT'S a WIN WIN....

0 Kudos
Contributor

I constantly earn points so I can enter the monthly sweeps which would save me money..  I also use the points on the instant wins and redeem points for the the other offerings in order to get gift cards for friends and family for birthdays and  holidays .Over the past year I have collected many gift cards for friends and family. which have put smiles on their faces while saving me a lot of money I check the rewards page several times a day to see what's new.so as to not miss anything. 

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I enjoy reading the Rewards catalogue to get a head start on my holiday shopping! I frequently find retailers that I wasn't familiar with before to generate new shopping list items. I take advantage of the contest offerings to try to earn discounts on my own shopping activities and to win gifts for others on my list.

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

On a daily basis I enter ALL of the Instant Win Gift Card offerings, even those that I can't personally use because there are no redemption locations nearby, and also for businesses that I simply don't patronize for one reason or another. Over the past several years I have accumulated quite a few of these Instant Win Gift Cards that I can't or won't use, but many of them have found a home with a relative or a good friend as gifts during the holiday season -- or really, any special occasion such as a birthday or anniversary. For example, I won two Boston Market cards that I gifted to my brother who lives in Massachusetts where there's a Boston Market right near where he lives (there are none anywhere near my residence in the northwest corner of California). Another example of targeted gifting is that all of the Dunkin cards I have won have been given to a close friend who patronizes that establishment on a regular basis (I quit drinking coffee a couple decades ago). So over the past few years the Rewards Program has allowed me to economize on targeted gift-giving and it gives me a good feeling to be able to do that.

Silver Conversationalist

Hey @garyfish49

My new phrase for the day:

โ€œtargeted giftingโ€ ๐Ÿ˜„

Take care   โ˜ฎ๏ธ~Allen

0 Kudos
Contributor

I love being able to have different venues to choose from for myself to try or to share with family or friends.  We are all stuck in a rut with doin, eating the same things so it is great to have a chance to try something different 

0 Kudos
Contributor

I buy cards year-round so I have them as stocking stuffers!

Regular Social Butterfly

So the line in the "Official Rules" stating "Prizes are non-transferable" does not apply when?

#StaySafe

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: โ€œIf Iโ€™d known Iโ€™d live this long, Iโ€™d have taken better care of myself.โ€
0 Kudos
Contributor

Bargain shopping with discounts offered by AARP and reward gift cards help me budget for holidays.

Periodic Contributor

Throughout the year I take advantage of the daily deal gift cards and pair it with a coupon for extra savings. I also use them as job well done handouts to my grandchildren when they are caught helping others. 

Contributor

I am attempting to earn a few cards for my family members to share @ Christmas this would help immensely with the gift giving as I have a large family & limited funds . This year will be much more difficult because of the rising costs of fuels ect . 

Periodic Contributor

Sometimes I get lucky and win on the daily instant win.  Then if I have the chance I like to stack with another card for the same merchant that I purchase with points off one of my rewards plans.  Finally I watch when the merchant has a special and used my stacked cards to sometimes get something for a very reasonable cost.

Social Butterfly

Iโ€™ve spent thousands of points but never won a thing!

Contributor

Same here. Does anyone actually win?  

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP