Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

AARP Rewards Community Tips Contest 2022

Community Manager
Community Manager

AARP Rewards Community Tips Contest 2022

Have a tip on how you use AARP Rewards to learn, save, or score points?  Share your favorite earn activities, top ways to save, strategies on completing Extra Credit and other tips for the chance to be one of five (5) winners of 1,000 AARP Rewards Points! All participants will receive 50 AARP Rewards points for sharing their tip. 

Post your message by clicking reply at the bottom of this message! Contest runs from 6/13 until 7/1/22.  Click here to see Contest Rules.

AARPTeri

I use my phone for quizzes and videos!  Do a great deal of walking and have my Apple Watch connected!

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

I use my phone to access the earn activities. The quizzes seem the best for building up points.  They are 450 points if your a member.  I've never won any of the monthly prizes, but have won instant prizes.  The Super Play instant prizes give you higher odds.  Always have 20,000 spare points in case an option to buy a prize using points appears (usually only $5 gift certificate, now). 

Contributor

Be Consistent ... as with most anything, being persistent will pay off. The Resource Library is a wealth of information (and inspiration) - I use all of the Meditation tools, Workouts and Yoga and love "exercising" my brain with Quizes and Games.

0 Kudos
Contributor

As soon as I get an email with a way to earn more points, I don't skip by it or delete it until I complete all possible activities on that email.  That way, I stay on top of it and not let any opportunities get by me!  My strategy works! 

0 Kudos
Contributor

Everyday I make it a point to  visit the Earn page and participate in at least 3 activities (videos or quizzes) and then I go and play a Right Again! Trivia Challenge. All of these earn me rewards while keeping my brain active and sharp. If you are looking at a quick way to earn points and you want to stay up on what is going on in the world today, this is a good way to do it.

Trusted Contributor

Watch for the AARP special membership renewal deals. I saved $4.00 on membership fees by signing up for auto renewal, plus I received 2,000 points for doing that, and a $10 Amazon gift card. You can't beat that with a stick!

0 Kudos
Contributor

I start each day with doing games and quizzes to earn points on the website and then check for any new deals.  I have earned several gift cards over the past few years that I enjoy using and sharing with others.  I then do wordle for the day and head off to the gym for a few hours.  During the pandemic I enjoyed participating in the trivia nights as well as the Movies for Grownups and the workouts.  It really helped me feel less isolated.  I like doing the crossword puzzles and word and number puzzles on the site and it's always exciting to see you have added something new.

Contributor

ispend my time healing others.  We will be taken in a Haitian studen who just graduated from 2-year college at the top of his class with top honors.  The house where he was living was sold.  we are taking him in so he has a place to live and I am a former cook book author, so looking forward to preparing meals for him along with my sons.  Often, i bake treats to surprise a neighbor,  when i have a chance. I walk around the neighborhood for exercise.

G.D.

I use a tracker to see how many steps I take.  It really encourages me to see how many steps I take and it really makes me want to walk even more  especially since I don’t run.  I am so pleased!

Contributor

I walk everyday, so it is easy to earn points for walking specific amounts.  My iPhone is synced with the tracker and I receive points. An extra benefit, outside of AARP is listening to podcasts and audiobooks.  Am I not aware of any AARP podcasts?

Periodic Contributor

Sync your fitness tracker to earn more points...don't have one use your points to shop for one,useful and fun.

Regular Contributor

You need accumulated points to enter sweepstakes and instant win cards.  Some online games and crossword puzzles (not all Member Only) award these points (usually 300) for even modest performance.  I play nearly every day and, even after recent entries, have over 29000 points so I can increase total entries for sweepstakes I like.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I like to take advantage of the gift card savings, I also pair these with other opportunities, like Groupon and deals from different businesses. For instance, you can purchase all kinds of restaurant deals, for Father's Day. These are available for many different holidays. You can give these as gifts, or just keep them for yourself. I buy a couple of cards each week and just hold on to them for future use. We have a manila envelope with all of our gift cards, kept in one place. I made a form, to write each cards information on, this is also in the envelope. I also use the Local Flavor app, for big savings. With Groupon and Local Flavor, you can put in the whatever location you want, so I am collecting savings for future trips, as well.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I view the recipe videos in the morning before I make my grocery list to get inspiration.  I have an alarm set on my phone to check in and watch a rewards video everyday.

Contributor

I have created a Excel spreadsheet of our foods. One each, for the pantry, fridge and freezer. I make our weekly menu, with these lists.

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos

If you stop complaining and start being more thankful for what you have, you will lead a happier life.

0 Kudos
Contributor

If you can take the stairs instead of an elevator, quick little workout....

0 Kudos
Contributor

My fitness trick is I record some of my favourite shows on the DVR and every morning I work out on my elliptical trainer and with my dumbbells and watch my shows that’s only time I watch TV during the day…

0 Kudos

I love to cook and love watching the cooking videos to cook healthier is a plus.  I really enjoy sending the e cards, saves a lot of money and they are usually better than what you find in the stores.  The discounts you find for the food and retail help a lot in the long run.  

0 Kudos
Contributor

I try to do at least these two things every day at least 35 minutes: physical exercise (walk, bike, senior fit class) as well as mental exercise  e.g. New York Times pangram or crossword puzzle or Washington Post crossword puzzle (extra credit for doing the Sunday puzzle. When doing physical exercise I tried to build stamina by adding a few minutes each day or an added hill BUT  I NEVER VIOLATE RULE 1 LISTEN TO YOUR BODY. If something begins or especially if if suddenly feels wrong, I back off what I was doing ASAP. It does not matter what you do, only that you do, do. WHILE YOU CAN, DO!!

0 Kudos
Contributor

I play mind games online - Crossword, jigsaw puzzles, sudoku, monopoly.  Also to "pay it forward" -- After high school I stayed free with a lady and later, my daughter's community college friend stayed free with us for several months. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

I go to redeem rewards every time I log in to see if anything new has been added because the prizes go fast and aren't first offered at the same time every day.

0 Kudos

I use reward points to get free magazines and donate to seniors.  I like taking the quizzes to earn points!

0 Kudos
Contributor

Please stop responses. Called and still getting everybodies response

pat mcswain
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP