Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

AARP Rewards Community Learning & Earning Contest August 2022

Community Manager
Community Manager

AARP Rewards Community Learning & Earning Contest August 2022

August 2022, Learning/Earning/Back to School Contest!

Tell us how you keep your brain active to keep engaged for the chance to be one of five (5) winners of a $50 VISA Gift card! 

Post your message by clicking reply at the bottom of this message! Contest runs from 8/1 until 8/31/22.  Click here to see Contest Rules.

Some examples to help get you started!

My son moved to Germany, and I take German classes so I can feel a little more comfortable with the language when I visit him for the holidays.

I like to take quizzes and watch videos about topics I’m interested in like “what do you know about long-term care” from the Rewards earning page.

AARPTeri
Kudos
Views
Replies

Puzzles, puzzles, puzzles. Crosswords, scrabble, outspell, cyphers, jigsaw, find it's, spot the differences. I try different kinds of puzzles everyday.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I walk 5+ miles 4 times per week and do strength training with elastic resistance twice per week.  During my walks, I do meditation prayers.  Often play some brain games on Lumosity.   Just completed an online course.   

0 Kudos
Contributor

I walk 2 miles a day; 5 days a week. I read and crochet every day. I also do word search; crossword and trivia puzzles daily,

0 Kudos
Contributor

I do Sudoki, and crossword puzzles. I also knit, with patterns that make me think. I watch game shows that make the brain think. I volunteer with older people, and help them with their daily activities, needing to use the brain.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Crossword puzzles, AARP trivia games, read magazines and paperback novels.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Crossword puzzles, AARP quizzes and trivia games.  Also, read magazines and paperback novels.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I'm always exploring new art forms.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Any examples you can share? I just entered my first art show.

0 Kudos

I keep active by playing word games, read books, and still working. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

I read at least 2 hours a day. I do a jigsaw puzzle each day. I also do word puzzles. Other things I do is read about history.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I read, work crossword puzzles, and exercise.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I am long time crossword puzzle enthusiast and keep a book of puzzles handy to work on in any spare time that I have.  I also am a daily New Your Times Wordle player. I find word games of any kind to be mentally stimulating.  

0 Kudos
Contributor

I read, still work full time as a teacher at age 60, help take care of my 98 year old father, get out and walk, and play strategy games.  

0 Kudos
Contributor

I am 71 years old and an avid reader; I read between 3-5 books per week.  I like to stay active and go to my park district health club 3 days per week, I walk outside for 2-3 miles 3 days per week.  I am a member of a Sunday afternoon bowling league and I like to get together with friends and/or family most weekends.  I love to cook, bake and garden which keeps me pretty active.  I try to complete AARP's Rewards quota daily by watching video (many of which I exercise with) and completing quizzes, playing games and learning new things.

0 Kudos

As a 61 y/o with a R.Foot Amputation, I attend the local Senior Center and participate in Bingo, discussions & some physical exercise.  Because I am an active individual, I utilize the internet (via laptop) to search a wide variety of topics including disability advocacy issues via Facebook, Instagram and other social media platforms.  Additionally, I play a variety of online games including word search or matching card games.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I try to learn something new everyday. Whether coming on here (AARP) to take a quiz, by doing word puzzles, by watching game shows where it takes some thinking, listening to music, talking with the grandchildren (keeps me optimistic), keeping in touch with God(main thing..He says He will give me power, love and a sound mind) because I love Him and accept His Son Jesus, reading, watching PBS(very good learning programs on there), watching Discovery(they have way more new animals now days than when I was a child), crafting(decoupage, jewelry, resin artwork, coloring), volunteering to help others, walking out in nature.  I never get bored 🙂

0 Kudos
Info Seeker

I like to work in my flower garden,read, and play games. Go to flea markets and day trips with a friend or by myself 

0 Kudos
Contributor

At 81, I attend Water Aerobics Classes 3x a week, read every day, play word games, plan group outings with friends, belong to a writing group, crochet, paint, go to coffee with friends, AND nap when I can!

0 Kudos
Contributor

Reading, both fiction and non-. I HIGHLY recommend Spark (John Ratey, MD), about exercise’s effect on the brain. So I’m exercising! Re-learning Spanish on Duolingo, playing Wordle and Words with Friends, & rummy kub! NOVA & PBS documentaries.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I keep my brain active by walking at the Y playing games with aarp and Caesar slots YouTube music video takes me back to the good old days when you could have fun when you would go out

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I try to challenge myself everyday by either doing something new or learning something new.  I believe mental activity is vital for physical well being as well.

0 Kudos

I just learned to play pickleball, plus I do the NYTIMES spelling bee daily, the Wordle & love reading. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

I do several surveys a day and do the games from the AARP app

0 Kudos
Contributor

I play beat saber on my Oculus - forcing me to focus, and be quick. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

I keep in touch with friends and family. Keep up to date with world news.Play Sudoku and other games.

0 Kudos

I went back to work part-time to stay active and engage with lots of people. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

I like to read books that are uplifting and relaxing to your mind.  I also attend healing Journey class which started in September…I like to do word church puzzles daily.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I play pickleball about 5 days a week!  I know, you're thinking that is more of a physical activity than a mental one. But the mental focus required for games and the social engagement with other players (both on court and off) help keep my mind stimulated. And it's fun!

0 Kudos
Contributor

AARP has the tools to keep my brain active and I am there every day. Trying to win contests keeps me on the ball. I walk every day and took up needle point.

I take your quizzes and play problem solving games on my phone. I also take water aerobics which makes me follow multiple directions at once while moving my arms and legs in different directions. Keeps me thinking!!

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP