Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

AARP Rewards Community Learning & Earning Contest August 2022

Community Manager
Community Manager

AARP Rewards Community Learning & Earning Contest August 2022

August 2022, Learning/Earning/Back to School Contest!

Tell us how you keep your brain active to keep engaged for the chance to be one of five (5) winners of a $50 VISA Gift card! 

Post your message by clicking reply at the bottom of this message! Contest runs from 8/1 until 8/31/22.  Click here to see Contest Rules.

Some examples to help get you started!

My son moved to Germany, and I take German classes so I can feel a little more comfortable with the language when I visit him for the holidays.

I like to take quizzes and watch videos about topics Iโ€™m interested in like โ€œwhat do you know about long-term careโ€ from the Rewards earning page.

AARPTeri
Kudos
Views
Replies
Periodic Contributor

Bless you! That's nipping the problem at the bud and that's so important. I have always appreciated the work that Best Friends in Utah does in that respect. If only neutering were a given, so much suffering could be prevented. Keep up the great work!

0 Kudos
Contributor

I keep my brain active by painting, reading constantly, being a volunteer of a nonprofit organization, taking care of my two year old grandson, and always being eager to learn new things!

0 Kudos
Contributor

I love doing puzzles & word games of all types to keep myself sharp. With Covid, I learned how to sew masks for my family, and a love for sewing was born. I love learning to make items I can not only use in my home, but give as gifts to others.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Besides taking quizzes, playing many of the different games keeps my brain occupied.

Besides the above, I volunteer at food pantries, races, and other types of non-profit events.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I started publishing indie novels about four years ago. Writing keeps my brain active and I enjoy sharing my stories with the world. I play online games which also help me to relax and I work part-time in an elementary school. Being around children definitely helps me stay active, creative, and engaged!

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I just moved from Washington state to Texas. Divorce, job search, house search etc has exercised both body and brain!

0 Kudos
Contributor

I try to keep my brain active by working, reading, praying, collecting stamps and postmarks and eating nutritional foods that promote brain health.

0 Kudos

Taking photos while hiking. This engages my linear and non-linear thinking. 

Contributor

I have been a caregiver to several family members since I was 35.

I am still a caregiver today at the age of 53, I have to make sure their meds are filled each month which always requires a date of birth, which with the entire family that usually consists of at least rattling off 5 birthdays. I realize everyone uses speed dial to make calls but I remember each number on my head and dial it out.

My Mother had dementia at a young age of 58 and cared for her they lost 10 years of her life, it made me realize to try and remember everything I possibly could without technology

0 Kudos
Contributor

I read well written fiction, I play games, and I am writing an autobiography.

Periodic Contributor

If you want help let me know, author of Unadoptable Joy and Homeless Joy

0 Kudos
Contributor

I love doing stain glass, itโ€™s such fun to create new things, it keeps me busy. I also work at my sons bait shop where I get to meet so

many different people and we chat about the things they enjoy doing and then of course I love playing the aarp games and the trivia questions anf racking up points. Keeping active constantly keeps my mind and body happy and healthy. 

Contributor

I enter writing contests, and I play word games, like Waffle and Wordle

Periodic Contributor

I play Wordle Iโ€™ll look for Waffle

0 Kudos

Working at my govt job keeps my brain active & lulls me to sleep simultaneously. ๐Ÿ˜†

Playing a variety of word games daily & solving logic problems is fun, challenging and perfect brain aerobics.

Lastly, friendly debates at our Covid Revised Girls Gatherings definitely keeps my brain active.

Contributor

I play brain games several times per week to keep my brain working out and continue to play music at age 62. I ride my bike on our local rail trails. I can see a positive change.

Contributor

I folkdance once a week and take daily walks. I also do cardio exercises and/or yoga a couple times a week.  I read and/or listen to books on tape.  Watching

"Jeopardy" also helps me refresh my memory, and also teaches me facts that I never knew.  I try to practice languages I have learned:  Spanish, French.

Contributor

I play in a Mahjongg group once a week to keep my brain active and keep up socially with my neighbors.

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Who do you think should be the new Jeopardy host?

0 Kudos
Contributor

I play AARP games every day to help keep my brain alert; also watch many of the videos to learn and earn points.  In addition, I exercise every day both by walking for about 45 minutes and attending exercise and yoga classes where I live.

Contributor

Though a news-oriented viewer, listener, and reader, I try to balance it with fun media such as crosswords, some sports, cooking, travel, how toโ€™s. I enjoy walking(though far less not by choice). At a โ€˜matureโ€™ age, I appreciate the efficiencies and capacities of technology most of the time. 

Contributor

I read anything I can get my hands on, do crossword puzzles and play solitaire. I Zumba dance 4-5 days a week.

Periodic Contributor

I have read more books during the pandemic than I have in the last ten years

Contributor

I do a puzzle every afternoon in the Seattle Times.  I exercise at the YMCA 6 days every week.  I also eat lots of fruits and vegetables.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I read, do puzzles, talk with friends and do AARP games.

0 Kudos

I keep my mind active and healthy by reading regularly, engaging in active conversation with family and friends. Meditating to keep my mind at ease and in the present. Exercising regularly, to include going to the gym, walking and bicycling. Focusing on eating healthy foods to support my cognitive and physical health. Maintain a good work/life balance. Being a AARP Member.

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP