Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Shipping for Small Business

Hi All,

I have a small business that I started this last year and the amount that I am paying in shipping is ridiculous. Any advice on how to get lower shipping rates?

Thanks!

Tammy

0 Kudos

I am not quite sure how this works, but if you partner with Amazon they assist with the shipping.  I know booksellers that send their books to Amazon and Amazon takes care of the shipping. Best of luck to you!

0 Kudos

Hello Tammy!

I too run into issues with shipping in my business. The one tip that works for me (hit or miss) is Courier Buddy. They have helped me with my online store quite a few times over the last year. They're like the Uber of the courier industry. Sorry I don't have more insight for you...just wanted to share this one solution that works for me from time to time. 

Happy New Year!

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

I 'googled' on this and got a whole lot of sites to check:

"how to get best rates on shipping small business"

"...Why is everyone a victim? Take personal responsibility for your life..."
0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

I have no tips on shipping for you. But your post rang a bell, I read an article last month about how "free shipping" is hurting a lot of small business people operating on Etsy, Amazon sellers, etc. The article is at Barron's but behind a pay wall, a similar article is here https://www.theverge.com/2019/7/9/20687821/etsy-free-shipping-policy-seller-us-uk

So, obviously you are not alone in this boat.

I recall the old "SCORE" that assisted small business people. The "Service Corps of Retired Executives" I think it is. They say "For over 50 years, SCORE has served as America’s premier source of ____free____ [my emphasis] business mentoring and education." Maybe they will have someone who can help you. See https://www.score.org/

Good luck!

@TammyR454663 wrote:

Hi All,

I have a small business that I started this last year and the amount that I am paying in shipping is ridiculous. Any advice on how to get lower shipping rates?

Thanks!

Tammy

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP