Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Moving companies do hire senior citizens

Conversationalist

Moving companies do hire senior citizens

Back in the days when moving companies had trucks that came with two sticks, they hired young people to do the work.  And they still do.  I saw a fleet of United Van Lines equipment at a Mobil On the Run convenience store and the moving guys were buying their food so that they could have something to eat while they were out on the road.  I asked them if they had an upper age limit to work for the company similar to American Idol's and they said "no".  One guy said that they have a guy working for them that is at the age of 62.  I am glad that they don't age discriminate because if they did, I am sure they would end up "getting a ticket" for age discrimination.  In St. Louis, Two Men in a Truck also is always hiring drivers.  So the best thing to do if you want to show these moving companies that there is nothing wrong with hiring a man who is at the age of 58 years old, go online and apply.  

Seniors are just antique people rich with history.
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP