Become a safer, more confident driver with the AARP Smart Driver course! Use the promo code VET and save 25% during November.

AARP Expert
Kudos
Views

Re: Ask The Expert about flexible work options

Message 11 of 20

Hello @mcox1960 

Here are some resources that could be helpful:

Also, an article by AARP, How Older Workers Can Help With the 2020 Census, addresses Census Bureau jobs. 

In addition, please consider signing up for our upcoming for our Online Career Expo, September 24 from 2-5 pm ET. We'll be focusing on flexible work opportunities. (Go to http://www.aarp.org/expo...)

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
AARP Expert
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 20

You might want to look at www.flexjobs.com. They list remote positions for attorneys.

@StevenG8542 wrote:

Looking for a side job from home. Thoughts on what a retiree can do. I am 65.  I have my juris doctorate.  I have compliance background in healthcare and have also worked in estate planning.  Not looking for a telemarketer type job.  Want to do something more but part time with not a lot of stress.  Any ideas?

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 20

I am seeking an online, home based PT/FT job (seasonal or temporary ok) with flexible hours.  I have a 30+ years mixed  skillset includes a technical knowledge base, help desk,  call center, conducting workshops, technical writing, customer service, clerical, and/or retail.   I have served  diverse populations and enjoy helping others.  Need legitimate resources.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 20

Looking for a side job from home. Thoughts on what a retiree can do. I am 65.  I have my juris doctorate.  I have compliance background in healthcare and have also worked in estate planning.  Not looking for a telemarketer type job.  Want to do something more but part time with not a lot of stress.  Any ideas?

Kudos
Views
AARP Expert
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 20

Hello @journey330, I'd like to share some resources that may be of interest to you including:

Also, an article by AARP, How Older Workers Can Help With the 2020 Census, addresses Census Bureau jobs. 

In addition, please consider signing up for our upcoming for our Online Career Expo, September 24 from 2-5 pm ET. We'll be focusing on flexible work opportunities. (Go to http://www.aarp.org/expo...)

@journey330 wrote:

im interested in flexible work options

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
AARP Expert
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 20

Have you thought about volunteering for a non-profit that needs website help? That way, you would gain some experience and you could show your work to potential employers. I would also promote your work with your network. Tell as many people you know that you are looking for work in this field - you never know if this could lead to a position. Finally, have you thought about working as a contractor in the field? That may be another way to get your foot in the door.

@maryannc147525 wrote:

I have many web skills designing and coding websites but can't get a remote job..or find a local job..no one seems to take a chance on someone without experience even though i have years of experience as a software engineer..very frustrating..thank for any feedback..

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 20

im interested in flexible work options

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 20

I have many web skills designing and coding websites but can't get a remote job..or find a local job..no one seems to take a chance on someone without experience even though i have years of experience as a software engineer..very frustrating..thank for any feedback..

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 20

Welcome to a special event hosted by AARP Online Community. Thanks for joining us!

You're in the right place! Questions are being answered right here in the forum. All you need to do is post a reply addressing @Susan

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views
Replies

Ask The Expert about flexible work options

Message 20 of 20

If you prefer to work part-time, want a side gig or work from home job to earn some extra cash, or are looking to launch a second career, this is the place to get practical tips and advice from AARP subject matter expert Susan Weinstock.

Ask AARP Expert Susan about finding flexible work options that work for you.

This topic is open now until September 16th! Join us today!

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season