Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Are you looking for a part-time job?

5 More Great Part-time Jobs for Retirees suggests working as a blogger, coach, teacherโ€™s aid, tour guide or at a convention center. Have you ever worked at one of these types of jobs? If not, which part-time job have you found helps you bring in a little extra income?

Contributor

Hello to all...

If anyone is looking to make a lucrative online income, please check out my son's blog. This company is established for over 10 years and is the most top rated internet marketer. It is NOT a 'get rich overnight' scam. This company offers you a totally FREE opportunity to build your own business online. It has the most awesome free internet marketing training that I have ever seen. Just joining for the free training is a wonderful way to learn all about working from home.

It is neccessary to login EVERY day to move up in rank which gains you more commission. If you go the free way, it will take longer to realize an income...but you will. If you choose to invest as low as $36.00 a month, you will see an income in three to six months. This company has six ways to make money. You can advertise on facebook by posting a link to twitter, your blog, and your own website. You also get a page to list items for sale that you no longer want. They also have awesome penny auctions.

As I said, it is totally free to join and check it out. You can always opt out. No obligation. If you should choose to join, try to gain 500 points in the first 24 hours and they will match it, plus you get a nifty badge. It's easy to do because they give you points to do each part of the training. I will start back as soon as we get another internet connection. They only allow one per household. If you want to try it, my son and I will you with setting up social networks or anything else you need.

So check it out. Participate about an hour a day and you are on your way to becoming an entrepreneur. Just click the link to my son's blog and read the information and make your own choice.

Vicki
0 Kudos
Retired Moderator

In Response to Re: Are you looking for a part-time job?:
Im Journeyman Electrician 50 years Experience look for Partime job prefer  Maintenance
Posted by ra7751

Wow! That is good experience. Have you tried the jobs at Life Reimagined For Work?
You have experience that should be in high demand. Have you marketed your skills?
0 Kudos

Im Journeyman Electrician 50 years Experience look for Partime job prefer  Maintenance
0 Kudos
Info Seeker

Please contacgt me, I have a question for you. Thanks
0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

Good suggestions!
In Response to Are you looking for a part-time job? : Yes, I've worked as a part-time waitress in the past and definitely enjoyed the cash tips.
Posted by livvi

0 Kudos

I lost my job when the recession hit a few years ago. I found that getting back into my industry at 59 would be impossible. I passed the Life and Health Insurance exam and realized I hated that industry. I began to freelance write for the internet. I realized that theer is a huge demand for it and I have never looked back. Yes I made a few mistakes but I am supplementing me SS nicely. I am now 63 and have a huge portfolio and just got hired to do search engine optimization. My nest move is to start a new blog to teach everyone over 50 that freelancing after a career is not impossible but actually pretty easy if you are willing to work. 
0 Kudos

I would like to have a part time job in

Teller - Banking
Receptionist
Home Health Care - Companion - homemaker
0 Kudos

Yes, need actual real work at home opportunities!!

0 Kudos

Two new things have happened for me, both quite part-time. I signed up  a few months ago as a tutor at Wyzant Tutoring, an online registry. I was surprised, really, when I got a request from a young woman studying for a graduate nursing degree. She is from Puerto Rico originally and, though she speaks English quite well and is very bright, she needed help with writing for her graduate level courses. I earn $35 per hour and net $22 per hour on this and she calls about once a month for a session lasting one or two hours. So far, I have earned about $300.00

The other job is more complicated in a way. I am working with a local company which advocates for people seeking to get Social Security Disability benefits. My employer documents the case from the claimant's medical records . My job is to go with the claimant before the administrative law judge and present the case. Many lawyers do this, but you do not have to be a lawyer. My employer has done this for twenty-five years, but is no longer physically able to appear with claimants. There is some travel involved, but I am reimbursed for mileage by the Social Security Administration. 

We get paid if and when the claimant is awarded disability income, usually retroactive to their time of disability.  Claimants agree to pay their advocates up to $6000.00 of their first retroactive payment. My pay is a percentage of that amount.    

0 Kudos

I have found the best resource for Part Time jobs. The site only promotes part time jobs, so the range and amount of options are amazing.
Only Part Time

http://www.OnlyPartTime.ca
http://www.OnlyPartTime.com

In Response to Re: Are you looking for a part-time job? : I would be interested in starting a home business using the internet 9Blogging, etc.) but don't know how to. Maybe there is someone out there who can help me (teach me) to get started... or even form a small group and work together. Any ideas? Posted by vince4953[ i am interested to have a part time job,like cashering or companion.
Posted by mariadakila

Check out a site called hubpages for writing on the internet. (google it) See articles by billybuc (Bill Holland)  
0 Kudos

I noticed that some had expressed interest in blogging. I would like to suggest a site where many people write atricles of all kinds, many good articles about writing on the internet for money too. It is called hubpages.com. I write there under the name xstatic, mostly poetry and some short fiction. If you get a Google adsense account, you can make money on Hubpages. Many writers there also have their own blogs too. There is a writer named billybuc (Bill Holland) who writes many good articles about the business of writing for money, and he is just one. 

I really suggest that you look at it as a first step toward internet writing.   
0 Kudos

looking for part time work as a cashier. like working where I can service  the people, also enjoy  the interaction with all people. worked a few month was greats at Meijers in 2012, it was awesome. worked at Kmart some years ago, that was great, only Kmart will not give you a second chance at working there.  help  want to work
0 Kudos

I am looking for a companionship job. I am 63 and  retired a year ago. I need the extra cash to survive. If anyone know of any family who need someone to watch over their loved one while they are at work, etc in the New Jersey area, please let me know. Thank you.
0 Kudos

yes / convevtion center
0 Kudos

In Response to Are you looking for a part-time job?:
        5 More Great Part-time Jobs for Retirees suggests working as a blogger, coach, teacherโ€™s aid, tour guide or at a convention center. Have you ever worked at one of these types of jobs? If not, which part-time job have you found helps you bring in a little extra income?  
Posted by AARPMiller
0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Thanks for sharing that article with us, Betty. That is a truly admirable story. 

That's great that she wanted to get a job helping others, too. 

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

You're welcome, Oregonman97401.  I think that it is great that you can do something that you really enjoy and have fun doing, and get paid for it too. Smile
0 Kudos
Retired Moderator

In Response to Are you looking for a part-time job?:
Posted by AARPMiller

Well, how about working for a doctor who makes house calls?? I love this story! At 85 this lady gets a college degree, and a new job!!      From Forbes:
   85 Year Old graduates from college, Gets a New Job!
0 Kudos

Hi Oregonman97401, Good for you! It sure sounds like you had fun.  I wish you continued success in this area, and hope that things continue to work out for you.
Posted by oldgraymare2

Thanks very much oldgraymare!
0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

For those of you looking for work, I will mention here what I have mentioned in other posts, and that is for you to check out your local job center as a job hunting resource, if you haven't done so.

It may not be called a job center in your state, but rather it may be called something else. This is a free service offered by your state.

Also, it may or may not be connected to your local unemployment office too, but you don't have to be on unemployment to use it, either.

You can normally find job resource materials there that you can borrow while there. Some job centers might have someone there on staff who can help you with your resume, too. 

Some also offer different types of job hunting seminars, too.
0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Hi Oregonman97401,

Good for you!

It sure sounds like you had fun. Smile

I wish you continued success in this area, and hope that things continue to work out for you.

0 Kudos

I had done some acting in local theater years ago, so signed with an agent and have done two local commercials. On Craigslist under "Talent" I saw an ad for a film being made for film festivals called Never Gonna Break. There is a trailer on FB now, not showing me though. I sent a photo and got a small part as Sheriff Dan. (See my hub about "Sheriff Dan & Me" at hubpages.com.) These little things are a lot of fun and pay pretty well for the time spent.  
0 Kudos
Contributor

I have 25 years experience as an administrative assistant but moved from North Jersey down to the shore area.  I am seeking a part time job - I'm young enough, healthy and proficient in my computer skills to perform an excellent job.  Any job openings in the Toms River or Brick, NJ area?
0 Kudos

I would be interested in starting a home business using the internet 9Blogging, etc.) but don't know how to. Maybe there is someone out there who can help me (teach me) to get started... or even form a small group and work together. Any ideas?
Posted by vince4953[
i am interested to have a part time job,like cashering or companion.
0 Kudos

I'm recently retired and would like to find a part-time position as a personal secretary/assistant.  I worked in state government for 38 years starting in 1972 in a typing pool and finished as a management analyst supervisor.  Have held positions i.e. office manager, administrative assistant, executive secretary, secretary, data entry operator and typist.  Am very detailed oriented and have had positions that required confidentially at a high level. 
0 Kudos

I recently signed up as a tutor on Wyzant.com. I have a degree in English, and am a writer but never taught. They provide some pretty easy tests that qualify you to be a tutor. In about three months, I got my first student, a woman about 30 who came here from Spain when she was 19. She has a BA in Nursing, but is doing course work to be a Nurse Practitioner. She realized that her language and writing skills were a problem. I have spent four hours with her going through a long paper she wrote, making suggestions and explaining some repeated grammar errors. She is very happy, and I got paid too. My rate is $35 per hour. I get $21 per hour to begin with, and Wyzant takes a cut, of course.

Having done some local acting in community theater, I signed with an agent locally and go a part in a commercial to be filmed this week. My pay will be $125, less the agent's fee of 15%. I hope to do more of this.

These are very outside the box jobs, but they are fun as well.

0 Kudos

I would love a job doing research on different subjects. I aslo would love to work at a historic site explaining to people what took place there.
0 Kudos

I would like to find an online part-time proofreader job.
0 Kudos

yes  iam looking for part time job from home.
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroidsยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP