Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

IRS BEGINS TO SEND OUT SOCIAL SECURITY NON- FILERS ECONOMIC IMPACT PAYMENTS (STIMULUS) THIS WEEK

Honored Social Butterfly

IRS BEGINS TO SEND OUT SOCIAL SECURITY NON- FILERS ECONOMIC IMPACT PAYMENTS (STIMULUS) THIS WEEK

Hopefully this will help many of you to rest easier about your stimulus payment:

YaHoo News is reporting that these payments will begin this week and will show up by whatever method and whatever money account which SSA has on file for you for your regular benefits -   Direct Deposit, Debit Card or Paper Check.

YaHoo (Kiplinger) 05/01/2020 - Social Security Recipients Will Start Getting Stimulus Checks This We... 

from the link ~  The embedded link shown in this quote from the Yahoo artilce is the Kiplinger article on the same subject.

Good news for seniors and the disabled: Automatic $1,200 stimulus payments for people receiving Social Security retirement, survivors or disability insurance benefits (SSDI), or Railroad Retirement Board (RRB) benefits, are scheduled to begin arriving this week. Unless you filed a tax return for 2018 or 2019, the IRS will use information from the Social Security Administration (or RRB) to generate a payment to you. (Social Security recipients will receive a stimulus check automatically if they did not file a tax return for one of the past two years.) You'll receive the payment by direct deposit, debit card or paper check--whichever way you normally receive your benefits.

MORE information is available at both the news links above - Yahoo and Kiplinger

If you receive SSI or VA benefits and are a "non-filer", you have until May 5 to register any eligible dependents to add to the $ 1200 amount.  This eligible dependent registration window was closed to SS, SSDI and RB beneficiaries on April 22.  But if you miss filing for any eligible dependent, by filing a tax return for 2020, you will be able to recoop this money ( $ 500 per eligible dependent).

From the IRS:

SSI and Veterans Affairs Benefit Recipients with Dependents: Register by May 5  

Register by May 5 if you receive SSI or VA benefits, have qualifying children under the age of 17 and didn’t file a tax return in 2018 or 2019.  Use the Non-Filers: Enter Payment Info Here tool below to register to have $500 per child added to the $1,200 Economic Impact Payment you'll receive this year.

It's Always Something . . . . Roseanna Roseannadanna
Regular Social Butterfly

Social Security Retirement recipient via DD since 02/2019

Income Tax filer for 2018; different DD than SSI.

"Stimulus" received 29-Apr-2020 in SSI DD account.

#StaySafe

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@WebWiseWoman 

Sorry, I am not following your comments in regards to the subject. 

Can you clarify.

It's Always Something . . . . Roseanna Roseannadanna
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Bubble Shooter and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP