CLOSE ×

Search

What Are Your Favorite Songs? Why? ๐ŸŽต

Anonymous
Not applicable

What Are Your Favorite Songs? Why? ๐ŸŽต

Sunday - July 11, 2021

• You probably have several.
  • Feel free to stop by each day to add songs.
  • We would luv to hear from you!!!
Social Butterfly

Just Like Greta-Van Morrison 

Honored Social Butterfly

Bohemian Rhapsody  -  Queen

I love this song for the pure artistry that it is. It makes every list as one of the greatest rock songs of all time.

โ€œWhen the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.โ€ - Jimi Hendrix
Recognized Social Butterfly

Not really an Elvis fan, but one of my favorites is Heartbreak hotel

Honored Social Butterfly

Today, it's my favorite song by Elvis - If I Can Dream

So many Elvis songs to pick from - Burning Love, Moody Blue, Suspicious Minds, Kentucky Rain, In The Ghetto, Separate Ways, The Impossible Dream, to name a few.

If I Can Dream was written especially for Elvis as the finale for his "Comeback" TV Special of 1968. It's one of the most moving songs that I've ever heard, and will always be one of my favorite songs of all time. Elvis always sang with passion and emotion, but this one just overflowed. And then there's that voice like no other. Unforgettable performance, this one.

โ€œWhen the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.โ€ - Jimi Hendrix
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MaVolta didn't he die from a drug <overdose>?

Honored Social Butterfly

Yes, it was caused by drug use, though he didn't consider himself a drug user in the terms we normally think of. Elvis was given all manner of prescription drugs. Being that, he thought they were okay to take. The drugs changed his personality, greatly affected his heart, and caused him to gain a lot of weight. His girlfriend found him dead in the bathroom. It was a sad ending to his life story. I remember exactly where I was when the news broke. I was visiting with my best friend. We were stunned by the news and we both cried our eyes out. ๐Ÿ˜ญ  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MaVolta that is why I constantly refuse menopause whatever. My Nurse Practitioner is a darling, but way too quick to medicate. I loved some of his movies growing up. And his <voice> ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ–คโค and <dancing>, girl!!!

Honored Social Butterfly

Happy, Stones, 1975

I love the riff of this song and itโ€™s one of my

fav Stones songs. It always makes me happy

whenever I hear it. I mean, the songs name

says it all ๐ŸŽผ๐Ÿ’œ

One of my favorites is Keep the customer satisfied on the same album as Bridge over troubled water

Honored Social Butterfly

That was a great album! Literally wore out the vinyl!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Lol @MaVolta those days of <lp's and 45's> ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ I would literally <cry> when one got <scratched with the needle> when removing it after song was over ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

Honored Social Butterfly

One group from the 60's that I've always loved is Simon & Garfunkel. I was really into folk and folk-rock music. Probably my top two would be Sound of Silence and Bridge Over Troubled Water. That's their first hit from 1965 and their last one in 1970. Great set of bookends!  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MaVolta Bridge Over Troubled Waters made me sad. But a great song! ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Silver Conversationalist

BREATHE AGAIN.  TONI BRAXTON

GIVE HER A LISTEN,  GREAT VOICE 

ALSO. UN-BREAK MY HEART.  BEAUTIFUL SONGS

Silver Conversationalist

LOVIN' TOUCHIN' SQUEEZIN' BY JOURNEY 

I CALL IT THE "NANA" SONG. IN THE VIDEO ON "YT" THE BAND AND THE AUDIENCE ARE ALL WAVING THEIR HANDS ABOVE THEIR HEADS AND SINGING THE ENDLESS 'NANAS". IT ALWAYS MAKES ME STAND UP, DANCE AROUND WITH MY ARMS IN THE AIR. ONLY PROBLEM IS THAT AT MY AGE I CAN'T DO IT ALL THE WAY TO THE END OF THE SONG LOL

Anonymous
Not applicable

Lol, me too @sweetjulieblueeyes52 ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚ But at least we <try>! ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿ’ฅThursday - July 15, 2021๐Ÿ’ฅ

Another entry for my list! ๐Ÿ˜Ž

โžก๏ธ<All the songs> in the movie "Think Like A Man. Act Like A Woman" And yes, on my <Binge List> ๐Ÿ˜

• Anyone else <seen> this movie?
  • Lol, I tried <reading> the book, but not as <exciting>! ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚ Anyone else read the book?
  • Romance Galore and Comedy!! ๐Ÿ˜
Honored Social Butterfly

@Anonymous  -  I don't know the movie, but maybe I should check it out. The title sounds like the story of my working life! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Silver Conversationalist

Suite : Judy Blue Eyes  CSN 

The guys on my bowling team used to call me "Sweet Julie Blue Eyes"  it wasnt until years later l discovered it was SUITE NOT SWEET. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sweetjulieblueeyes52 wrote:

Suite : Judy Blue Eyes  CSN 

The guys on my bowling team used to call me "Sweet Julie Blue Eyes"  it wasnt until years later l discovered it was SUITE NOT SWEET. 

๐Ÿ’ฅLol @sweetjulieblueeyes52 ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ’ฅ

Silver Conversationalist

I have some pretty varied tastes, so bear with me 

THE HALLELUJAH CHORUS FROM HANDEL'S MESSIAH SUNG BY THE MORMON TABERNACLE CHOIR. IT'S INSPIRATIONAL AND VERY BEAUTIFUL. OF ALL THE CHOIRS THAT HAVE SUNG IT, THEY ARE BY FAR MY FAVORITE AND I'M NOT A MORMON EVEN THOUGH I LIVE IN UTAH. 

RHAPSODY IN BLUE BY FERRANTE AND TEICHER. MY OLDER BROTHER USED TO PLAY THIS ON OUR OLD TURNTABLE BACK IN THE 60'S AND I BEGAN TO REALLY ENJOY IT

LOVELETTERS IN THE SAND BY PAT BOONE. THIS WAS THE FIRST 45 RPM RECORD MY MOTHER GOT AND SHE PLAYED IT CONSTANTLY. OFTEN WHEN I THINK OF HER, I THINK OF THAT SONG AS WELL.

Honored Social Butterfly

@sweetjulieblueeyes52  -  There's so much music to enjoy! I also like music other than rock music. Maybe I'll get to some of that later.  ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Anonymous
Not applicable

You are fine @sweetjulieblueeyes52 ๐Ÿ˜Ž

One of my favorite 60's songs is Laugh Laugh by the Beau Brummells.  Love the structure and the hooks.

Honored Social Butterfly

@Anonymous 

In my zeal to post about the 60s, I totally overlooked one of my all time favorites from then (of which there are many), and still to this dayโ€ฆStevie Wonder! Starting with Fingertips Part 1 & Part 2โ€ฆwho would have ever thought that this 13 year old, blind, soulful person, playing the harmonica, would become truly one of the leading musical geniuses of the last 50 plus years.

My other favorite of his is โ€œAlwaysโ€, just a great song. Way to go Stevie!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@williamb39198 wow, thanks for info on Stevie. I didnot know this. Yes, an <inspiration> ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Honored Social Butterfly

I have followed Stevie since 1963. He is a musical all time greatโ€ฆ

Honored Social Butterfly

Do you believe in magic, Lovin Spoonful, 1965

Make me smile, Chicago, 1970

Two songs that always make me feel good,

that Iโ€™ve loved as long as Iโ€™ve been breathing

๐ŸŽผ๐Ÿ’œ

Anonymous
Not applicable

Another set of favorites for me. <All> the songs in the movie <Pretty Woman>!!! Just luv that movie. It is on my <binge list> ๐Ÿ˜‰

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroidsยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP