Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

What Are Your Favorite Instrumental Tunes?

Honored Social Butterfly

What Are Your Favorite Instrumental Tunes?

The subject of instrumentals came up in another thread, so I thought it might be fun to see what instrumental tunes everyone enjoys. Instrumentals cover a wide range of genres when you start to think about it; classical (of course), movie soundtracks, pop, jazz, big band oldies, blues, country, rock, and many instrumental versions of your favorite song titles, too.

So what instrumental music do you like? What are your favorite tunes or instrumental versions of your favorite songs? Multiple tunes and multiple genres are okay. And, if you have favorite on youtube, feel free to post the link so that we can listen, too!

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” - Jimi Hendrix
Social Butterfly

"MISTY"-UNFORGETTABLE, ALSO NOT BAD VOCALIZED. BY__? JOHNNY MATHIS, MAYBE?
SUPERGIRL, NO REALLY I MEAN IT! HER REAL NAME & MINE ARE THE SAME( FIRST 2 NAMES ARE)
Recognized Social Butterfly

1. A SUMMER PLACE
Honored Social Butterfly

Feels So Good               Chuck Mangione

Honored Social Butterfly

In The Mood              Glenn Miller

Social Butterfly

In the Mood

--Glenn Miller

In just four years Glenn Miller scored 23 number-one hits - more than Elvis Presley (18 No. 1s, 38 top 10s) and the Beatles (20 No. 1s, 33 top 10s) did in their careers. (Wiki)

Thank you so much, covfefe, and good night!
-- Anna Kendrick
Social Butterfly

Bolero

-- Maurice Ravel

Lots of versions with assorted arrangements. Just play it loud.

Thank you so much, covfefe, and good night!
-- Anna Kendrick
Conversationalist

Once again, “a song Dickey Betts wrote...”

In Memory of Elizabeth Reed ==== The Allman Brothers Band

No words, just instruments.

Conversationalist

Flying ===== The Beatles

Honored Social Butterfly

Chariots Of Fire                     Vangelis

Honored Social Butterfly

Edgar Winter Group Frankenstein

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Honored Social Butterfly

Does 2/3rds instrumental count?

OK then. 🙂

This video is fun because of a.) the hair and b.) they're babies! 🙂

U2 October

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Social Butterfly

“CLASSICAL GAS” ….. Mason Williams,  1968

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mREi_Bb85Sk

Contributor

Well, Im sorry but I dont think they play 'music' anymore. What I listen to is the 70s and 80s music. Eltoon John, Journey, BeeGees, etc.; now those people now how to play. And theres a bonus....you can actually understand the words. lol thanks  

Terriec42451
Periodic Contributor

70's and 80's had great music and I can understand the comfort found in the known but there is so much great new music coming out all the time. You love harmony like Crosby, Stills and Nash? try Darlingsides. This is White horse https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCLkOAQxumI.
If you enjoyed the Beatles try Coldplay. Singer songwriter? Amos Lee, Harry Manx. Someone a little more pop - Howie Day, John Mayer, Jack Johnson. Music of each generation has new things to offer. Think of how much different you eat now than you did in the 80's - isn't it worth a try?
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

TerrieC42451 wrote:

Well, Im sorry but I dont think they play 'music' anymore. What I listen to is the 70s and 80s music. Eltoon John, Journey, BeeGees, etc.; now those people now how to play. And theres a bonus....you can actually understand the words. lol thanks  

@TerrieC42451   Well what are your favorite istrumental tunes from the 70's and 80's then?

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Social Butterfly

Paul Desmond playing
Here's That Rainy Day
Honored Social Butterfly

One of my favorites from the classical category - 

Clair de Lune (Debussy)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LXl4y6D-QI

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” - Jimi Hendrix
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Breakout® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP