Highlighted
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

RE: WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO?

Message 3071 of 3,265

In Response to RE: WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO? by nyadrn

Hey D,

Though I have many CD's here at home to listen to I'm always looking for more music.  Went to the library this past weekend and came home with quite a collection.  Two Stevie Ray Vaughan's, some old blues music by Tampa Red and Son House, soundtrack from the U.S. vs. John Lennon, Trans-Siberian Orchestra's "Night Castle" and Ringo Starr's All Star Band Anthology.  Also checked out some Richard and Linda Thompson but wasn't crazy about it.  Richard used to play for Fairport Convention.  Loving the blues lately.  Went to see my friend Larry's band play last Saturday night.  Some great Texas blues.  He plays a lot of Stevie Ray's stuff.

Sunny but windy today.  Still have some yard work to finish up.  Going to bake some pumpkin muffins this afternoon.

Janese

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 3072 of 3,265

cold front comin down this week...gonna be in the high 60's to low 70's.

I think you would like the Sanibel/Captiva area.  Stayed at a place, the rooms were 1/2 off Sunday-thurs nites and 30% off Fri and Sat nites,  From 8/1-10/31.. they call it a LOW SEASON special.  I saved lots of $$$$.  gave me more $ to eat and drink

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3073 of 3,265

Now that labguy reminded me,  here is early Robert Palmer  I love this!!

Robert Palmer Mix by YouTube PLAYLIST 40 videos; 2:58 Add to Added to queue Robert ... 4:30 Add to Added to queue Sneakin Sally Through The Alley by Robert Palmer by roscoegino 65,923 ...
www.youtube.com/watch?v=CW2EZ0Fvdpc - Cached

I looked for this in youtube and didnt find it..so just to make justice to that nice set of songs from Robert Palmer's classic album - "sneakin' sally through the ...
www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMnzytIbH1I - Cached
Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 3074 of 3,265

In Response to RE: WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO? by labguy49

Hey labguy

I think all of us feel stuck sometimes... I have watched VH1 classics and Behind the Music shows of my favorite bands so many times  I can't count them.  It actually takes work to find new music that I like.  It is one of the things that I like about the group...  hearing about music I am not familiar with. 

Meanwhile, still down in the fun and sun of Florida eh: )  I am still looking for a nice place to retire to or at least go to in the winter months and the good news is every month brings me closer : )

Take care and take care of that tan.  Nice to hear from You!

Diane

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 3075 of 3,265

In Response to RE: WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO? by cindyak

im still stuck in the same rut...just listening to the same old junk on my ipod...hasnt changed much.  downloaded  some robert palmer"sneakin sally through the alley"...some live Little Feat and some Kenny Chesney.   Still goin to the beach, though the waters gettin a little chilly this time of year.   Drove over to Captiva for a long w/e recently...gotta keep up the tan....

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 3076 of 3,265

my ipod is filled with everything from Louis Armstrong and Ella Fitzgerald right on thru the Black Eyed Peas and Carrie Underwood. Anything that isn't alternative or heavy metal is good to me.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 3077 of 3,265

In Response to RE: WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO? by bonjovi

GNR  is always good to listen to and that is one of my favorites! 

Check out Elkie Brooks singing Blue Moon... what a voice

Matlock & Matlock Bath - Elkie Brooks sings Blue Moon

4 min - Feb 18, 2009 - Uploaded by Derwentcub
Elkie's velvety voice blends beautifully with views of the paradise in which I am fortunate to live. Take in the pictures - listen to the ...
youtube.com -
Related videos

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 3078 of 3,265

Hi J

Boy do you believe that storm yesterday!!   You are right about the leaves, they are all blown around again.  Only too soon we will be getting the really fall weather.  It has been really mild so far.

Hard to believe that the year is drawing to a close.  Boy lots of things happened this year.  Your concerts will be great!  You are doing a terrific job of representing at these concerts.

November Rain is definately appropriate along with Autumn Leaves...can't share any music now.  Will have to do that later    : )

D.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3079 of 3,265

Hi D

Two more concerts left for the year.  "Dawes" in November and "REO Speedwagon" in December.  I'm really looking forward to that one.  They are going to do the entire "Hi-Infidelity" album.

Good choice with the Mamas and Papas song.  Rainy and windy here today.  We're under a tornado watch until 11 a.m. and high winds until Wednesday.  All the leaves I raked are back on the lawns again.  It's almost November so I'm thinking of Guns 'n Roses "November Rain."

Guns N' Roses - November Rain
9 min - Dec 24, 2009
Uploaded by GunsNRosesVEVO

youtube.com

Janese

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 3080 of 3,265

Hi J

Glad to see you are still out there seeing those live shows and sharing the music !!

It's a beautiful fall day here in Ohio..  leaves just starting to turn, cool in the evenings but still nice in the day time.  Thinking about the coming winter and so I am remembering my vacation with a little California Dreaming  : )

The Mamas & The Papas - California dreamin
3 min - Jun 27, 2008
Uploaded by blueraymond

youtube.com

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Learn how to improve your problem-solving skills and enter the Love Your Brain sweepstakes from AARP Staying Sharp!

Top Authors