Prevention is the best medicine when it comes to avoiding surprise medical bills! Learn more.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO?

Message 1951 of 3,174

Donna Summer of course!! Smiley Indifferent

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 1952 of 3,174

Wow - Where to begin? For music in any form has been such a large part of my life and defines certain periods and moments in time. Music for me is like the sense of smell that opens up a carcophony of memories...

I'm part of the so called "Baby Boomer Generation" - and yes, we're of that age now (you know, the older ones who seemed oh so out of touch and strange). I feel blessed to have grown up in at a point in time where both technology and music evolved dramatically. I'm 58 years old and have been retired for two years, which gives me plenty of time to devote to my passion of music! 

My earlies recollection's are of listening and ENJOYING the music of the Beatles, specifically Sgt. Peppers. LA Woman by the Doors brings back memories from 1971 while living in Palo Alto. Elton Johns Yellow Brick Road. From Classical to Jazz, 80's New Wave, Adult Alt, Classic Rock...You could say that I have a wide spectrum of musical tastes.

So here's a short list, followed by what I'm listening to today on my Itunes Playlist - 6 Second Love by Whitney Woerz - my latest. 

Beautiful Friction - The Fixx

Los Angeles - Sugarcult

All Over The World - ELO

Kiss And Tell - Brian Ferry

Rain In The Sumertime -The Alarm

Spooky - ARS

Getting Away With It - Electronic

Let's Dance - David Bowie

If I Could - Seal

Soul Cages - Sting

Joshua Tree - U2

Walk On The Ocean - Toad The Wet Sprocket

Midnight City - M83

The Hurting - Tears For Fears

Crash Test Dummies

Fastball

Michael Franti

Taylor Swift

Stevie Ray Vaugn

Whitney Woerz

Tags (3)
Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 1953 of 3,174

95% classical, 5% folk.  I inherited a vast collection of over 5000 LPs from someone who was an extreme musicologist.  (He wrote the program notes for many symphony orchestras for extra income.)  Nearly 500 of the records had never been played.  In fact, they are still sealed in the original cellophane sleeves.  The rest are in pristine condition having been played only once.  I'm gradually working my way through the whole collection, but it will be impossible for me to live long enough to ever listen to all of them.  I have no particular favorite; it would be like choosing a favorite child.  Many of the better known classics are duplicates.  For example, there are at least 14 different interpretations of Beethoven's Fifth Symphony by different conductors and orchestras.  I once spent a whole day trying to decide which one I liked best, and it's amazing how different they are from each other.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 1954 of 3,174

Though I don't usually listen to much country music, I recently rediscovered Gary Morris and his hit albums from the 80's: Why Lady Why, Greatest Hits Vol. 2, and Plain Brown Wrapper. These were all ones I had on cassette tapes, so updated to the digital versions and listening to them all again.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 1955 of 3,174

The Doo-Wah Riders! Country with lots of energy and some Cajun too. Fun music  to get you moving 😊

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 1956 of 3,174

"She's Got a Way With Words" by Blake Shelton

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 1957 of 3,174

Born in The U.S.A by Bruce Springsteen

I like all of his songs

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 1958 of 3,174

Ray Obiedo - Sticks and Stones (1993) Not only good music, but also a very well recorded disc. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 1959 of 3,174

Desifinado- Mark Murphy

spotify:track:2hz70jK1CAqsH9KBX4Swtx

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 1960 of 3,174

Leon Russell and Micheal M. Murphy during morning walk.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark