Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Honored Social Butterfly

SONG TITLE WORD ASSOCIATION

Okay

This is meant to be a long running topic .  The rules are simple and there are a zillion songs out there, so lets see what we can do with this.

You start with a song title.  Let's use  Love in an Elevator - Aerosmith

You look at that title, pick out one word from it and find a new song title with that word in it,( example, In & Out of Love - Bon Jovi)  then post the new title as your post.  The next person follows.   See easy

So lets give it a try.    My title is   Love in an Elevator - Aerosmith.

Diane

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Honored Social Butterfly

To:  The Green Green Grass of Home -- Tom Jones

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Just wondering....was there a problem with my post of "The Naughty Lady of Shady Lane"?

Honored Social Butterfly

@gatorgorilla wrote:

Just wondering....was there a problem with my post of "The Naughty Lady of Shady Lane"?

I'm not sure what is going on -- could be my server, could be AARP's server -- but your post didn't show up when I posted Green Green Grass of Home.  Not even after I posted it, and that's been happening a lot, even tho I refresh the page before I post.  Sorry.  It wasn't deliberate (BTW -- LOVE Naughty Lady of Shady Lane!).

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@dragons3 wrote:

@gatorgorilla wrote:

I'm not sure what is going on -- could be my server, could be AARP's server -- but your post didn't show up when I posted Green Green Grass of Home.  Not even after I posted it, and that's been happening a lot, even tho I refresh the page before I post.  Sorry.  It wasn't deliberate (BTW -- LOVE Naughty Lady of Shady Lane!).

I am not aware of anyone else having this particular problem, with reference to AARP's server.  It is a strange problem, but this is the second time you have mentioned it.  If it is your server, maybe the situation will soon be corrected.  Thanks for this post of explanation.

*I have edited my post to remove my final comment, which pertained to another poster, and was negative and unnecessary.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@gatorgorilla wrote:

@dragons3 wrote:

@gatorgorilla wrote:

I am not aware of anyone else having this particular problem, with reference to AARP's server.  It is a strange problem, but this is the second time you have mentioned it.  If it is your server, maybe the situation will soon be corrected.  Thanks for this post of explanation.

*I have edited my post to remove my final comment, which pertained to another poster, and was negative and unnecessary.

Just thought I'd toss my two cents in here.  I had occasion yesterday or the day before where a posting showed up after I had posted my reply.  According to the time listed it should have shown up before I posted but didn't.  That was one of the ones that I edited, but I think it must have been delayed in transmission somehow,

Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly

I'm still a newbie. Gatorgorilla, would you please explain what you mean by editing? what are the rules or expectations if two posts come up almost simultaneously? thanks, i'm having fun!

CeCe
Honored Social Butterfly

@cs76522381 wrote:

I'm still a newbie. Gatorgorilla, would you please explain what you mean by editing? what are the rules or expectations if two posts come up almost simultaneously? thanks, i'm having fun!

PattyDiane has already posted a very fine response to your questions, which I appreciate her doing.  Thus, some of what I have to say will be redundant.

Click on "Option" at upper-right-hand corner of your post.  Then choose "edit".  You can make corrections or alterations to your post.  You can add or delete material, etc.

As PattyDiane said, we have only one rule at Song Titles:  Choose a word from the latest title posted and make sure that word appears in the new  song title that you post.  Even simple words such as "a", "I", and "the" are valid word choices.

Anything else, as far as "rules" go, involves courtesy, common sense, sensitivity to others' feelings, etc.  My feeling is:  no one likes to have their post ignored or skipped over.  Which is why I have generally tried to acknowledge posts which have been skipped over.  You newer posters may not feel such courtesies are necessary.

If newer posters do not wish to exercise the same courtesies as we have done in past, it is not my place to say you should.

Everything I learned to do, or be aware of, at Song Titles, I learned on my own by having enough interest, and taking the time, to look back through a good many pages of posts.  Also, on my own, I clicked on various options when posting, and learned to use underlining, bold print, editing, etc.

As to posts being posted at the same time, or almost the same time, there have been courteous ways to deal with that in the past.  If you are truly interested, go back through the posts and see what was done.  MsStretch has always been especially adept at dealing with that type of situation, and I know LookOver Yonder, PattyDiane, and myself have tried to handle that type of situation in as fair & diplomatic a way as possible.

It would be polite of you to let PattyDiane and myself know, if our posts were at all helpful to you.  I can't speak for PattyDiane, but I have spent well over an hour this morning preparing this post, and I did not do it for my own enjoyment!

My thanks, again, to PattyDiane for her timely post on this matter.

Pam/gatorgorilla

Kudos
Views
Honored Social Butterfly

@cs76522381 wrote:

Hi cs76522381.  I'll attempt to explain a few things.  First we don't really have any rules other than to pick a word from the last posted song title and use it in another title.  Lately we have been putting both the last song and our new one, which helps with the confusion in case two come up at the same time.  After you post you can see if something has come in before yours so that where you thought you were using the last post, that's no longer the case.  In the upper right hand corner you will see the word "options" and when you click on that you will find that you can edit your post.

With any luck your word will be in both titles.  That is often the case if you've used a poplular word such as "love".  In that case you can just change the "From' Title and leave your choice alone.  Here's where it gets sticky.  If I've had to look for a new title I might post it and still be wrong.  I've even had it where two people have edited at the same time.  

I also make it a point to check back three or four posts to see if they appear to be in order and I attempt to keep the thread going.  There is no way for it to be perfect.  I just try to do the best I can and hope for the best.  Luckily this doesn't happen very often.  Good luck and welcome to the game.

Honored Social Butterfly

From:  "Naughty Lady of Shady Lane" and "The Green Green Grass of Home"

To:  "Children of the World", The BeeGees

Kudos
Views
Honored Social Butterfly

Lonely Children-  Foreigner

0 Kudos

From Lonely Children to

Only the Lonely, Roy Orbison

CeCe
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Lonely Days- Bee Gees

0 Kudos

From Lonely Days to

The Days of Wine and Roses by Andy Williams

CeCe
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

to:   Sally Go 'Round The Roses   -   The Jaynetts, 1963

Honored Social Butterfly

Sneakin' Sally Through the Alley-  Robert Palmer

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

To:  "Lay Down Sally", Eric Clapton

Honored Social Butterfly

You Can't Keep a Good Man Down-  Eddie Money

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

to:   The Man I Love   -   music by George Gershwin, lyrics by Ira Gershwin

From The Man I Love to

The Ballad of a Thin Man by Bob Dylan

gatorgorilla, hadn't thought of Naughty Lady etc in years (last heard on My Hit Parade loooong time ago.)

CeCe
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

To:  "The Ballad of Davy Crockett", Fess Parker

Honored Social Butterfly

from             The Ballad of Cat Balloo      to

The Ballad of Billy the Kid     Billy Joel            

Honored Social Butterfly

Which Way You Goin' Billy ? -  The Poppy Family

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

from        Which Way You Goin' Billy       to

Take the Long Way Home        Supertramp

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Long Long Way From Home-  Foreigner

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

To:  Long Tall Texan -- The Beach Boys

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

To:  "Don't Make Me Wait Too Long", Barry White

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

All Night Long-  Joe Walsh

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Nights In White Satin -- Moody Blues
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

From  How Long   to    How My Soul Cried out For You-  Kansas

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Then She Cried
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP