From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: GREAT COVERS OF YOUR FAVORITE SONGS

Message 1 of 257

Have always liked the Foo Fighters' cover of Baker Street.  Ir remember an old interview with Gerry Rafferty where he said something about liking the cover better than his original  They left the vocals alone and just changed the music.   Second choice, Shooter Jennings' cover of Walk of Life.  Countried it up and the video is pretty funny.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 257
J M, YES, YOU'RE IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD, BUT TO COME ON HOME, YOU NEED TO KNOW : HIGHWAY 61( DYLAN) IS IN NORTHERN MISSISSIPPI, NEAR JACKSON- WHERE IT CROSSES HIGHWAY_- IS SAID TO BE WHERE ROBERT JOHNSON SOLD HIS SOUL TO THE DEVIL. SURE DYLAN REFERENCES THE BIBLE, BUT IT ALL BEGAN W/ THE CROSSROADS. NEXT TIME, WE'LL DISCUSS BO DIDDLEY GOT HIS NAME& THE BIRTH IN EAST TEXAS OF THE BOOGIE-WOOGIE ! LONG LIVE THE BLUES!!!
SUPERGIRL, NO REALLY I MEAN IT! HER REAL NAME & MINE ARE THE SAME( FIRST 2 NAMES ARE)
Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 257
As the late great, Robert Johnson once said "I went down to the Crossroads, and fell down on my knees, Asked the Lord for mercy, he said if you please. Highway 61 has got to do with an old testament bible passage"God said to Abraham give me your son, take him on down to Highway 61. Crossroads and Ramblin' on My Mind, both Robert Johnson compositions, were part of my show repetoire for many years, still play them to this day. Dylan was too, just not that particular song. PS: Love him too. I'm not sure if that's the reference you're looking for but I think I'm in the neighborhood. Let me know.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 257
WELL DUDE; I'D SAY YOU HAVE SOME SERIOUS BLUES CHOPS! BUT HERE'S A BONUS/TEST: DO YOU KNOW WHAT THE "CROSSROADS" ARE(IS) AND/OR DYLAN'S "HIGHWAY 61"? YOU KNOW, IF YOU DON'T I'LL SHARE.
SUPERGIRL, NO REALLY I MEAN IT! HER REAL NAME & MINE ARE THE SAME( FIRST 2 NAMES ARE)
Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 257
I've played guitar for fifty years. Was part of the LA music world fro 1979-1997. I play a 1971 Gibson 335, what looks like Lucille in case you don't play. Been in more blues jams than I'd like to admit to, cause it means I'm old. Kind of known for my blues vocals in some circles too Also have seen some of the same people you have,
but also Buddy Guy, Jr. Wells, Howlin' Wolf, Muddy Waters, and The Paul Butterfield Blues Band. One of the best blues acts I ever saw was in Buffalo, NY local act named The Shakin' Smith Blues Band, the guys blues harp was somewhere between Little Walter, and Paul Butterfield...stone cold assasin. PS Anson Funderbergh and the Rockets.....DYNAMITE!!!
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 257
YES HE COULD. I MUST ADD THAT I WAS PRIVILEGED TO SEE JOHN LEE HOOKER PERFORM IN A TINY CLUB IN DALLAS IN THE 80'S. HE'S MY FAVORITE CLASSIC BLUESMAN.
HAVE ALSO SEEN HONEYBOY EDWARDS, GATEMOUTH BROWN, BOBBY BLUE BLAND, & BB KING SEVERAL TIMES; I'M DEFINITELY A BLUES FAN! I GOT MY INTRODUCTION TO THE BLUES WITH THIS LOCAL DALLAS BAND:
https://www.jango.com/music/Anson+Funderburgh+The+Rockets . NOT ONLY CAN ANSON REALLY PLAY, HE HAS A GREAT NAME FOR A BLUES GUITARIST! ENJOY
Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 257
Treasured memory for sure. The man was a blues wizard and legend.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 257
TRUE STORY: BACK IN 1980-81, I USED TO GO TO A CLUB IN OAK LAWN( DALLAS) CALLED "AL'S BAMBOO"- WENT IN LATE ONE NIGHT& THERE'S A DUDE IN A BLACK FEDORA, ALL ALONE, WAILING ON THE GUITAR& WAH-WAH PEDAL,& I THOUGHT: DOES THIS GUY THINK HE'S HENDRIX?" / A TREASURED MEMORY.
Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 257
I'm with you on this one. SRV is one of the true all time greats. Tin Pan Alley, great rendition, of pure blues.
Real simple guitar plugged into the amp, no effects pedals, pure talent blues. Man that boy could play!!!!!!
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 257
GUESS YOU'D CONSIDER THIS A COVER( NOT BEATLES): DON'T KNOW WHO WROTE IT, BUT AN OLD BLUES CLASSIC. SRV OWNS IT! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oydj5H9C-no&feature=share&fbclid=IwAR2vIzGBHcy-sx4jOtf7EK0WikZ9JzwQM... RELAX & ENJOY! I'M GUESSING THIS IS THE ORIGINAL:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season