WATCH NOW: Iowa presidential candidate forum from Council Bluffs. Appearing: Montana Gov. Steve Bullock, South Bend Mayor Pete Buttigieg and Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders. 

Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: GREAT COVERS OF YOUR FAVORITE SONGS

Message 11 of 257
No problem with either. Especially the SRV version of Taxman. That boy was a stone cold assasin with a Strat in his hands. That tune kills it.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 257
I'M WITH YOU- A PURIST ABOUT BEATLES COVERS, BUT YOU REMINDED ME OF THESE 2 DECENT ONES:"IMAGINE" -JIMMIE DALE GILMORE &"TAXMAN"- STEVIE RAY VAUGHN
SUPERGIRL, NO REALLY I MEAN IT! HER REAL NAME & MINE ARE THE SAME( FIRST 2 NAMES ARE)
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 257

@BeatleloverKT wrote:

This was my first season watching American Idol. I am aware of the hype on these kinds of shows. I thought for a young kid he did a pretty good job, not perfect, but respectable. No one can ever do it like John Lennon. That is a given.

Agreed!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 257

This is a double cover - Whiskey in the Jar (traditional Irish folk song)

This Irish folk song became well known in the 60's as recorded and performed by The Dubliners. It's been covered by just about every band in Ireland since.

Thin Lizzy transformed the song in 1973 into a classic rock hit that forever belongs to them. They played it at every concert. Fastforward to 1998, Metallica covers Thin Lizzy with their metal version, which remains on their set list to this day. They won a Grammy for Best Hard Rock performance in 2000.

I really like both versions. It's great fit for Metallica and James Hetfield's voice, but the song is all Thin Lizzy's, and forever classic rock. Here are clips of both versions. Thin Lizzy from 1973 and Metallica from Ireland just days ago.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 257

This was my first season watching American Idol. I am aware of the hype on these kinds of shows. I thought for a young kid he did a pretty good job, not perfect, but respectable. No one can ever do it like John Lennon. That is a given.

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 257
It was OK. He did a verse and a chorus, a guitar lick, then stopped. Decent professional studio back up rendition. They made a big deal out it though, and that's what matters on those shows. Judges reaction.
It didn't make me forget John Lennon's lead vocal. Sorry guys, with all due respect, I don't agree.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 257

@BeatleloverKT wrote:

I’m not a lover of cover songs as a rule and generally hate any Beatles cover but this one I really liked. He went on to win the last season of American Idol. His name is Laine Hardy singing Come Together by the Fab 4️⃣ (it’s on YouTube)

I looked it up on YT, and he was really good. Beatle songs are covered a lot. Some are well done, and others, not so much.  To The Beatles credit, their songs are singable, memorable, and known by everyone on the planet! Smiley Very Happy

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 257

I’m not a lover of cover songs as a rule and generally hate any Beatles cover but this one I really liked. He went on to win the last season of American Idol. His name is Laine Hardy singing Come Together by the Fab 4️⃣ (it’s on YouTube)

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 257
Good, professional replication. The girl has a Karen Carpenter style vocal, the guy sounds like a Jonas brother. I glad the young musicians are picking up this material. Certainly no one of their generation are writing this kind of material. I commend them for that. It doesn't have Reggie's vocal dynamics, but a very pleasant, professional replication.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 257

This is another cover that I just happened on to. I'm not familiar with either artist, but they make a fine pairing, and harmonies are spot on. This is an Elton John cover, and like many of his songs, lends itself well to harmonizing vocals.

Can You Feel the Love Tonight - performed by Boyce Avenue ft Connie Talbot

Kudos
Views