course, if they were in a band and also went solo you can still name
them such as Jon Bon Jovi or Richie Sambora both of whom are members
of the group Bon Jovi but have also gone solo.  Here's some of
mine from times past to the present:

Frank Sinatra,
Perry Como, Dean Martin, Brook Benton, Jerry Butler, Conway Twitty,
Johnny Cash, Charley Pride, Johnny Tillotson, Donovan,
Eddie Cochran, Gene McDaniels, Glen Yarborough, Neil Young, Bob
Dylan, John Fogerty, John Mellencamp, Eric Clapton, and so many more.

You may also name
your favorite male singer from a band but not the band itself. 
For instance, we all know that Diane loves the band Aerosmith
but she would say Steven Tyler. 

In Response to post:

Okay Blanca

I should have known I would have found you and Janese here talking about Bon Jovi  and Axl  LOL

I'm anxiously waiting for that big new album release  : )

Diane

What can I say, Diane?

Axl Rose and Jon Bon Jovi are two of the lovliest men on Earth! LOL

Well, at least Jon is...Axl isn't that bad now, just looks a little more "mature". 

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

In Response to FAVORITE MALE SINGERS OF ANY GENRE
:

Well, we can't leave the guys out can
we?  Who are your favorite male singers of any
genre?  I'm not talking bands here but solo artists.  Of

Frank Sinatra,

You may also name

Hey all

Cannot remember if Todd
is in here but if so  that's okay here he is again.... 
he has had some great songs!  He is so creative and
talented.   "Hello it's me..  is terrific!

Todd Rundgren

Background information

Birth name

Todd Harry Rundgren

Born

June 22, 1948
(1948-06-22)
(age 60)

Origin

Upper Darby, PA

United States

Genre(s)

Progressive rock

Soft rock

Power pop

Pop rock

Hard rock

Blue-eyed soul

Occupation(s)

Singer,
Songwriter, Guitarist, Pianist, Drummer, Producer, Video
Director, Engineer, and Computer Programmer

Years active

1967 – present

Label(s)

Bearsville

Associated acts

Nazz

Utopia

The New Cars

Meat Loaf

Ringo Starr
and His All-Starr Band

Website

www.tr-i.com/" rel="nofollow" title="http://www.tr-i.com/">
http://www.tr-i.com/

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

In Response to post:

Bon Jovi just wrapped up their tour on July 15, 2008 in Madison Square Garden.  No future tours planned at this time so I guess he's just hanging out and looking good.  You can go to www.bonjovi.com and see his video for "I Love This Town" which he did for postseason baseball.  It's great and he looks awesome as usual.   

Hi J

Well he is definately entitled to take a rest...

We were talking about the glam rock days today at work (why you ask...  well I have a Hello Kitty glamrock calendar page LOL)  and one of the girls brought up Bon Jovi along with Poison and Whitesnake and the Crue  and she thought Jon was just too cute   LOL

Diane

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

In Response to post:

Hey J

I just told Blanca

"  Okay Blanca

I should have known I would have found you and Janese here talking about Bon Jovi  and Axl  LOL "

hahahahahha

Meanwhile, what's going on with Mr. Bon Jovi lately?  what's the scoop ...  tour, album, or just sitting around looking cute ?

Diane

Bon Jovi just wrapped up their tour on July 15, 2008 in Madison Square Garden.  No future tours planned at this time so I guess he's just hanging out and looking good.  You can go to www.bonjovi.com and see his video for "I Love This Town" which he did for postseason baseball.  It's great and he looks awesome as usual.   

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

In Response to post:

"Welcome to the Jungle" is for GN"R what "You Give Love A Bad Name" is for Bon Jovi.  I only have one CD by GN"R and that's a greatest hits CD.  I don't know why I never got that much into them except for certain songs.  They are good so I'll have to check them out some more. 

Hey J

I just told Blanca

"  Okay Blanca

I should have known I would have found you and Janese here talking about Bon Jovi  and Axl  LOL "

hahahahahha

Meanwhile, what's going on with Mr. Bon Jovi lately?  what's the scoop ...  tour, album, or just sitting around looking cute ?

Diane

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

In Response to post:

Well i finally get to reply to this comment without the OOPS! message. LOL!

"Welcome to the Jungle" is what i call GN"R's anthem, i think they open EVERY show with that song, but like u say, "Sweet Child O' Mine" is by far, the most requested and sung of them all. 

Okay Blanca

I should have known I would have found you and Janese here talking about Bon Jovi  and Axl  LOL

I'm anxiously waiting for that big new album release  : )

Diane

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

In Response to post:

Almost forgot my favorite country singer.

Charlie Rich. Behind Closed doors and Most Beautiful girl in the world.

Hi

Charlie Rich was great...  The Silver Fox was hot in the mid 70's; several big hits and Country Music entertainer of the year.

Diane

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

In Response to post:

"Welcome to the Jungle" is what i call GN"R's anthem, i think they open EVERY show with that song, but like u say, "Sweet Child O' Mine" is by far, the most requested and sung of them all. 

"Welcome to the Jungle" is for GN"R what "You Give Love A Bad Name" is for Bon Jovi.  I only have one CD by GN"R and that's a greatest hits CD.  I don't know why I never got that much into them except for certain songs.  They are good so I'll have to check them out some more. 

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

In Response to post:

No, I really liked him as an artist but EVERYONE always mentions him ... I was trying NOT to jump on that bandwagon.  Frankly, one of my cousins got me very interested in him (as an individual) back when he was in the Beatles.  She let me read his book "In His Own Write" , which I thought was fantastic.  John was the rebel of the bunch, how could you not love that?

I never did like doing what everyone expected.

Well, I'm glad to hear that you really did like him after all.  There's nothing wrong with being a rebel.  Of course, now I keep hearing that song in my head "He's A Rebel". LOL 

0 Kudos

In Response to post:

How about "Welcome to the Jungle"?  Though I must admit "Sweet Child 'O Mine" was always getting played on the jukebox in the bars. 

0 Kudos

In Response to post:

Is that the real reason or wasn't he one of your favorite Beatles?  I myself wouldn't have eliminated him when naming the other three but that's just me. 

No, I really liked him as an artist but EVERYONE always mentions him ... I was trying NOT to jump on that bandwagon.  Frankly, one of my cousins got me very interested in him (as an individual) back when he was in the Beatles.  She let me read his book "In His Own Write" , which I thought was fantastic.  John was the rebel of the bunch, how could you not love that?

I never did like doing what everyone expected.

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

In Response to post:

I'd say that one's "everybody's favorite" since it's the only song I hear everyone sing entirely, lol.   

How about "Welcome to the Jungle"?  Though I must admit "Sweet Child 'O Mine" was always getting played on the jukebox in the bars. 

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

In Response to post:

Bryan Adams is another one of my favorites along with former Journey lead singer Steve Perry, Kevin Cronin from REO Speedwagon, Peter Frampton, Elton John, Peter Cetera and several others which I obviously can't remember right now..., but eventually I will someday, LOL.

I just mentioned
Bryan Adams a few postings back.  Love Kevin Cronin from
REO.  Saw them at our State Fair and they were great.  All
the others you mentioned are great too.  I also love Robin
Zander from Cheap Trick.

Cheap Trick

Cheap Trick in the 1970's (clockwise from
top: Petersson, Carlos, Zander, Nielsen)

Background information
Origin Rockford, Illinois, USA

Genre(s)
Rock, hard rock, power pop
Years active 1972 – present

Label(s)
Epic Records, Warner Bros. Records

Red Ant/Alliance, Big3
Website www.cheaptrick.com, myspace.com/cheaptrick,
www.cheaptrickday.com
Members
Rick Nielsen

Bun E. Carlos

Robin Zander

Tom Petersson
Former members
Jon Brant

Pete Comita

0 Kudos

In Response to post:

Wow, front row.  How awesome was that?  This is my favorite song by them as well.  I also love "Sweet Child 'O Mine". 

I'd say that one's "everybody's favorite" since it's the only song I hear everyone sing entirely, lol.   

0 Kudos

:

Frank Sinatra,

You may also name

Bryan Adams is another one of my favorites along with former Journey lead singer Steve Perry, Kevin Cronin from REO Speedwagon, Peter Frampton, Elton John, Peter Cetera and several others which I obviously can't remember right now..., but eventually I will someday, LOL.

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

In Response to post:

YES!  I love this video.  I already have it as one of my favorites in my youtube.com account.  When they performed here in P.R two years ago, that song was the highlight of the night.  Axl still has it!  And of course I was in front row! 

Blanca

Wow, front row.  How awesome was that?  This is my favorite song by them as well.  I also love "Sweet Child 'O Mine". 

0 Kudos

In Response to post:

Well, Blanca if they have so what
you are welcome to mention them again.  Here he is
now singing about that cold November Rain. lol

www.google.com/url?q=http://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DsiBoLc9vxac&sa=X&oi=video_result&resnum=4&ct...">

www.google.com/images/icons/sectionized_ui/play_a.gif" style="" width="20" />

www.youtube.com/watch?v=siBoLc9vxac">
Guns N' Roses -
November Rain

9 min

www.youtube.com

YES!  I love this video.  I already have it as one of my favorites in my youtube.com account.  When they performed here in P.R two years ago, that song was the highlight of the night.  Axl still has it!  And of course I was in front row! 

Blanca

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

In Response to post:

I wonder if anyone's mentioned Axl Rose?  I think he has one of the most "versatile" voices I've ever heard.  Pretty hard to imitate, although I've seen (and heard) a tribute band called "Get Your Guns" a couple of times here in San Juan and they sound exactly the same as the real thing.

Blanca 

Well, Blanca if they have so what
you are welcome to mention them again.  Here he is
now singing about that cold November Rain. lol

www.google.com/url?q=http://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DsiBoLc9vxac&sa=X&oi=video_result&resnum=4&ct...">

www.google.com/images/icons/sectionized_ui/play_a.gif" style="" width="20" />

www.youtube.com/watch?v=siBoLc9vxac">
Guns N' Roses -
November Rain

9 min

www.youtube.com

0 Kudos

:

Frank Sinatra,

You may also name

I wonder if anyone's mentioned Axl Rose?  I think he has one of the most "versatile" voices I've ever heard.  Pretty hard to imitate, although I've seen (and heard) a tribute band called "Get Your Guns" a couple of times here in San Juan and they sound exactly the same as the real thing.

Blanca 

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

In Response to post:

Okay   that was funny.

D.

Sorry, but I couldn't resist. LOL 

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

In Response to post:

Hey thanks for taking time out of your busy day to chat,the concert was in Columbia,MD at Merriweather Post Pavillion on 06/17/92.I have no idea where my stub would be but I know I have it somewhere it this house.The venue is pavilion seating under cover and out on the lawn.I had pavilion seats so I would have to guess $30.00.Nils family resides in Maryland so it was a pretty cool thing for them to be there.Nils even joked about how long he has been doing concerts and this was the first time the paid to see him play.                                                       Lenny

Hey no problem.  I love to chat.  My ticket cost me $10.00.  The concert was held during our 11 day festival called Summerfest.  Summerfest has one great big area with several stages for different bands and they also have a big amphitheater.  Some of the seats are covered and some are bleachers and then there is also lawn seating.  We were in the covered seat section.  The other area of Summerfest requires a separate ticket which you must have even if you are only attending the main concert.  The good thing is that there are many ways to get in free to Summerfest and that's what we usually do.  There are many promotion days.  For instance, you can bring three cans of food and get in free.  Then you stay for a few hours and get your hand stamped and you can come back later or just stay all day listening to some great music.  In 1992 we saw a lot of great concerts for very little money at Summerfest.  In fact, that's probably my biggest concert year.

Sounds like you had some great seats for Nils.  It must have given him great joy to have his family present.

Janese

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

In Response to post:

Paul Rodgers

His solo/accoustic version of Feel like makin love is a gem. 

Hi

thank you for adding Paul Rodgers.  I don't think he was here yet although I am not sure but he definately should be.  He has a really powerful voice and I like him a lot.  I don't actually know that  much about him.  

I am going to have to look for that version. 

Diane

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

In Response to post:

Sure I remember and it was great but does that mean John Belushi is one of your favorite male singers? LOL 

Okay   that was funny.

D.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

In Response to post:

Hi Lenny,

Well, I looked back at my concert ticket stubs and that was the same year I saw them.  It was June 25, 1992 at Summerfest here in Milwaukee.  Do you remember what your ticket cost?  How nice for Nils to have his family there.  I think Burton Cummings has one of the greatest voices I've ever heard.  My favorite song is "Stand Tall".  I love it.

Janese

Hey thanks for taking time out of your busy day to chat,the concert was in Columbia,MD at Merriweather Post Pavillion on 06/17/92.I have no idea where my stub would be but I know I have it somewhere it this house.The venue is pavilion seating under cover and out on the lawn.I had pavilion seats so I would have to guess $30.00.Nils family resides in Maryland so it was a pretty cool thing for them to be there.Nils even joked about how long he has been doing concerts and this was the first time the paid to see him play.                                                       Lenny

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Super Contributor

In Response to post:

Hi Janese,it was 1992 and it was a special evening because Nils family was in the audience and Ringo being the showman he is acknowledged it to the crowd and let Nils take center stage for the longest song of the evening.The reason I said Burton Cummings stole the show in an earlier post is because he had the crowd on there feet with the medley of songs he performed and boy was his voice on that night.

Hi Lenny,

Well, I looked back at my concert ticket stubs and that was the same year I saw them.  It was June 25, 1992 at Summerfest here in Milwaukee.  Do you remember what your ticket cost?  How nice for Nils to have his family there.  I think Burton Cummings has one of the greatest voices I've ever heard.  My favorite song is "Stand Tall".  I love it.

Janese

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

In Response to post:

Hi Lenny,

Do you remember what year that was that you saw Burton and Nils with Ringo's All Starr Band?  I saw them both with him also and wondered if it was the same year.  I also got to see Burton with The Guess Who.  Did you see my photos in the group photos?

Janese

Hi Janese,it was 1992 and it was a special evening because Nils family was in the audience and Ringo being the showman he is acknowledged it to the crowd and let Nils take center stage for the longest song of the evening.The reason I said Burton Cummings stole the show in an earlier post is because he had the crowd on there feet with the medley of songs he performed and boy was his voice on that night.

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

In Response to post:

Just trying to keep my list short ....

Is that the real reason or wasn't he one of your favorite Beatles?  I myself wouldn't have eliminated him when naming the other three but that's just me. 

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

In Response to post:

How about Burton Cummings,saw him with Ringo's all star bandand he stole the show.Great vocals!                 Lenny

Hi Lenny,

Do you remember what year that was that you saw Burton and Nils with Ringo's All Starr Band?  I saw them both with him also and wondered if it was the same year.  I also got to see Burton with The Guess Who.  Did you see my photos in the group photos?

Janese

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

In Response to post:

Hi J

Ya I have to give it to you.......  Summer of 69  is a great song.  It expresses alot of great sentiments that I think we all can relate to : )

D.

as for the system and the problems  yes it gets old.  Copy and paste doesn't always work but sometimes it saves me.  If I am doing a long post to someone I might even copy it to an email and leave it there till I see it is updated here.  Should you have to, def. no.   Sorry you are so aggrevated.  Hope things clear up soon.

Oh yeah, and how about "Everything I Do (I Do It For You)?  Great song.

Don't worry about my aggrevations.  I was just venting.  Things clear up but unfortunately they don't last long.  Been kicked off several times today.

J.

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

In Response to post:

Hey, do you all remember
this........   It was one of John Belushi's best bits
IMHO  : )

1976 - Joe Cocker appears on NBC-TV's ``Saturday
Night Live.'' He performs a duet of ``Feelin' Alright'' with John
Belushi in which Belushi does a memorable Cocker imitation.

Diane

Sure I remember and it was great but does that mean John Belushi is one of your favorite male singers? LOL 

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP