Live Your Best Life With Rewards for Good. Start Earning Reward Points Now. Get Started Now!

Treasured Social Butterfly

Re: Dear AARPTeri: Can you get the powers that be to perhaps, perchance fix these R4G Earner glitche

Message 11 of 20

Another suggestion: a proofreading pass on the R4G site. Below, two examples of why this is needed:

Should be PsychologyShould be Psychology

Should be StainsShould be Stains

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Report Inappropriate Content

Re: Dear AARPTeri: Can you get the powers that be to perhaps, perchance fix these R4G Earner glitche

Message 12 of 20

Here's something that I think needs to be addressed: some of the Spanish version activities give fewer points than do their English language counterparts. (Wha-?)

Case in point: the Vitamin Supplement quiz (https://www.aarp.org/health/drugs-supplements/info-07-2013/vitamin-supplements-quiz.html#quest1) just gave me 525 points for working the English version but only 450 points for completing the Spanish version. This also happened yesterday with other English/Spanish activities, but I failed to document it. (So this isn't the only case of the Spanish version awarding fewer points)

Some of the Spanish language activities give fewer points than do their English counterparts.Some of the Spanish language activities give fewer points than do their English counterparts.

And I think this is weird ... there is no navigational link to this community from the drop down menu when on the Spanish version of the Rewards for Good site. To post this I had to first go to the English version of the site from an English language activity. I could not navigate here from the Spanish activity referenced. Hm.

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving

Message 13 of 20

An additional comment: tax-aide locator.

(https://secure.aarp.org/applications/VMISLocator/searchTaxAideLocations.action)

It is coming up on time for that activity to be reset, too.

Gold Conversationalist

Message 14 of 20
Tried all three in Firefox, IE , and Chrome. Tried again, and Rent/Buy calculator finally awarded points in firefox. Nothing on the other two.
Bronze Conversationalist

Message 15 of 20

grrrr: typo. I meant "reset" not "rest."

double grrrrrrrrr

Bronze Conversationalist

Message 16 of 20

Here's another addendum (I bow my head in shame for not getting it right the first time):

The following quizzes also didn't rest (and it would be lovely if they did so!):

Quiz: St. Patrick’s Day
Quiz: Test your knowledge of the Electoral College
Quiz: U.S. presidents trivia

That's a wrap (for now) ...

Bronze Conversationalist

Message 17 of 20

FYI, these three are working (monthly) for me in Forefox ...

Gold Conversationalist

Message 18 of 20

Message 19 of 20

@ab1695 wrote: "It is my hope that you can use your superpowers to get the digital team on board with fixing (NOT DELETING!) these quizzes so that we can remain happy, busy and fulfilled quiz-meisters. (Again, I apparently have no life!)"

@AARPTeri Plus one!

AND: can they be prodded, please, to return the (numerous) weekly and monthly tasks that were, in early December, removed for repair?  This would be much appreciated.

Bronze Conversationalist

Dear AARPTeri: Can you get the powers that be to perhaps, perchance fix these R4G Earner glitches?

Message 20 of 20

So, I did a quick runthrough of all the "Take These Once a Year" quizzes this evening. Obviously, I have no life!

It was welcome to see that so many of the quizzes renewed at the turn of the new year, and like many others who watch and contribute to this forum, I've been busy earning my 5,000 points per day; however, there are a few glitches. And among them:

Quizzes in the Take These Once a Year" that didn't rollover and have the "already did this one"

badge: badge.jpg

Here's the list of English language quizzes that didn't reset:

MONEY

Quiz: Can I reuse this?
Quiz: Can you spot a good bargain?
Quiz: Credit and debt
Quiz: Do I still need to pay this debt?
Quiz: Elder Financial Abuse
Quiz: What's your money IQ? Credit and Savings
Quiz: Will it hurt my credit?

BE IN THE KNOW

Quiz: Test your knowledge of the Electoral College
Quiz: U.S. presidents trivia
Quiz: Car maintenance
Quiz: The generation game
Quiz: Presidential campaign slogans
Quiz: Supreme Court trivia
Quiz: What makes a community livable?

In the In Espagnol category, the following quizzes won't award points because they have no badges whatsoever:

¿Cuál es tu coeficiente intelectual financiero? (No Badge)
¿Cuánto sabe sobre los préstamos de día de pago? (No Badge)
¿La diferencia entre una cuenta 401(k) y una cuenta IRA? (No Badge)

It is my hope that you can use your superpowers to get the digital team on board with fixing (NOT DELETING!) these quizzes so that we can remain happy, busy and fulfilled quiz-meisters. (Again, I apparently have no life!)

Hope the new year is treating you and your fellow AARPies well.

PS: To all the other forum gurus, if I've missed any non-working wonders, please feel free to contribute. And if I've erred, I'm happy to be (gently) corrected. Bye!

Announcements
Prepare to Care: A Resource Guide for Families download this free guide developed by AARP to help make caregiving more manageable. It includes information on how to have vital conversations with older family members, organize important documents, assess your loved one's needs and locate important resources.
Top Kudoed Authors