From festivals to better food, amusement parks are adding features for older adults. Take a look at what's new!

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Where do you want to live when you retire?

Message 211 of 304

If you're thinking of TN, try Hendersonville--low crime, decent things to do, a little pricier than the rest of TN but not by much.  And you have Nashville only 20 minutes south with lots of concerts.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 212 of 304
Check out the Ocala area. We're at On Top of The World, a 55+ gated retirement community. HOA fees are reasonable and property taxes are also. Lots to do, if you want to.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 213 of 304

Not entirely true. Plenty of cheap places but you have to look for them and settle for what you can afford. Places in FL, SC, upstate NY. Etc my friend in NY rents mobile w screen room 700 month. Could buy it for 22k. OH has rental apts 400 month. FL has mobile home parks 250-500 monthly rent. Some cheap mobiles. 20k-30k even less. Go online.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 214 of 304
We retired in 2010 and moved from Indianapolis to Ocala, Florida. We live in a 55+ retirement community, On Top of The World. Costs, home prices and HOA fees are reasonable. Check it out, and don't forget, no state taxes in Florida, and property taxes are quite reasonable too.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 215 of 304
Karl, check out Yellville or Flippin, Arkansas. Sounds just what you are looking for. Just about everything you need nearby Mountain Home.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 216 of 304

Totally agree. Stuck where I am in CO. And it's expensive. Been here 18 years and cannot afford to move, or buy elsewhere. Seniors are being scammed about retirement locations.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 217 of 304

I would like to retire in Belize. I'm tired of all the bull in the states. It would be nyce to look at a scenic backgrounds and enjoy fresh market fruits and vegetables. Walking to and around a culturally diverse people.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 218 of 304

I have live all my life in So. California.  My roots are deep here.  I have one son living on Maui.  I am tempted to move there because I miss living near the ocean and the climate is better than the (High Desert) where i now live.  The cost of living in Maui is a minus in this decission.  It would make me somewhat dependent on my son.  So I will most likely stay put.  

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 219 of 304

I am retired but I am stuck where I am at. I lived for 20 years in Denver but now I am in Texas. My ex husband and I moved there 10 years ago for his work and he is retired too. I love Denver but I can't afford it anymore and I don't want to endure the winters there too.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 220 of 304

Retire I place wherever you live. There is really nothing out there that modest retirees can afford these days. The housing market has crippled boomers that wish to retire due to real estate companies that are looking to make unreasonable profits to the expense of others. Millennial s and those in between are caught up in the same dilemma. These is no solution at this point and time. Stay put.

Kudos
Views