Take the AARP Smart Driver course and you could save on auto insurance! Sign up today.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Where do you want to live when you retire?

Message 221 of 316

"FindYourSpot.com" is a fun tool to use to look for places to retire based on your criteria.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 222 of 316

Advent Christian Village is a 55 and up commmunity near Live Oak Florida. They offer houses, mobile home lots, retals, apartments, assisted living, skilled nursing care, and memory care. They also have medical and dental care plus a pharmacy.  It basically a small town. They have a library, restaurants, and a hotel. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 223 of 316

If you're thinking of TN, try Hendersonville--low crime, decent things to do, a little pricier than the rest of TN but not by much.  And you have Nashville only 20 minutes south with lots of concerts.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 224 of 316
Check out the Ocala area. We're at On Top of The World, a 55+ gated retirement community. HOA fees are reasonable and property taxes are also. Lots to do, if you want to.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 225 of 316

Not entirely true. Plenty of cheap places but you have to look for them and settle for what you can afford. Places in FL, SC, upstate NY. Etc my friend in NY rents mobile w screen room 700 month. Could buy it for 22k. OH has rental apts 400 month. FL has mobile home parks 250-500 monthly rent. Some cheap mobiles. 20k-30k even less. Go online.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 226 of 316
We retired in 2010 and moved from Indianapolis to Ocala, Florida. We live in a 55+ retirement community, On Top of The World. Costs, home prices and HOA fees are reasonable. Check it out, and don't forget, no state taxes in Florida, and property taxes are quite reasonable too.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 227 of 316
Karl, check out Yellville or Flippin, Arkansas. Sounds just what you are looking for. Just about everything you need nearby Mountain Home.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 228 of 316

Totally agree. Stuck where I am in CO. And it's expensive. Been here 18 years and cannot afford to move, or buy elsewhere. Seniors are being scammed about retirement locations.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 229 of 316

I would like to retire in Belize. I'm tired of all the bull in the states. It would be nyce to look at a scenic backgrounds and enjoy fresh market fruits and vegetables. Walking to and around a culturally diverse people.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 230 of 316

I have live all my life in So. California.  My roots are deep here.  I have one son living on Maui.  I am tempted to move there because I miss living near the ocean and the climate is better than the (High Desert) where i now live.  The cost of living in Maui is a minus in this decission.  It would make me somewhat dependent on my son.  So I will most likely stay put.  

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have you taken a memorable trip to a destination others should know about? Post a Trip Report

city skyline captured on tablet

Top Authors