AARP Urges Congress to Prevent $25 Billion in Medicare Cuts. Read the Letter

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: What happened to the AARP Investment Program?

Message 1 of 10

eb69823833 wrote:
aarp gnma and u.s. treasury fund from scudder
1988 16.667shares
what if anything can i do with them or contact some one thanks for the help

Here are a few leads

1.  See AARPLynne's reply to this thread - post before yours although awhile back

2.  Check this out - page 7 "History"

Prospectus DWS GNMA Fund 2009 -

It says,  "On July 17, 2000, the fund changed its name from AARP GNMA and US Treasury Fund to Scudder GNMA Fund (now DWS GNMA Fund). At the same time, the fund changed its strategy to eliminate investment  requirements in US Treasuries securities.  Consequently, the fund’s past perfor- mance may have been different if the current strategy had been in place.

The existing class of shares of AARP GNMA and US Treasury Fund was redesignated ClassAARP.OnJuly14,2006,ClassAARP shares were converted into Class S shares. Performance figures for Class S reflect the historical performance of the fund’s original share class (Class AARP)."

3.  Then try finding DWS GNMA FUND - Class S shares

I believe that DWS was/is Deutsche Asset Management 

DId you not get any communications on your investment through the years?

Good Luck

Report Inappropriate Content
Info Seeker

Message 2 of 10
aarp gnma and u.s. treasury fund from scudder
1988 16.667shares
what if anything can i do with them or contact some one thanks for the help
Community Manager

Message 3 of 10

@tomof11: Thank you for your question. After serious consideration, the AARP Funds Board of Trustees voted to liquidate the AARP Funds effective 7/20/2010. Shareholders received a copy of the prospectus supplement and a letter in the mail from the AARP Funds explaining the liquidation; this same information was posted on the AFI website at aarpfinancial.com/mutualfunds at the time.

AARP did not maintain these accounts, so we do not have access to these records, which is why the provider must provide this information.  Boston Financial has been managing any outstanding issues relating to these now liquidated funds. For assistance, please contact them directly at 1-800-728-3337.

Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 4 of 10

I was curious, and looked. The only thing I found is that AARP was going to liquidate their funds at end of 2011. Apparently, didn't sell enough to keep the investment arm going.

Of course, there are endless bonds available through dozens of companies.

Just think. The world was built by the lowest bidder.
Info Seeker

Message 5 of 10

so what did happen to AARP investment program. Invested in AARP insured tax-free general bond fund.The 1800 phone number on the paperwork is no longer in service.. a

Any ideas thanks!

Info Seeker

Message 6 of 10
my father just past away and I
I had most of his information but going through his desk I found papers for AARP Investment program from Scudder. I too tried to call the phone number listed on statement.  I decided to try and search on line and found this message board. I knew about his investment with DWS so thanks to this message board I received all the information I needed.  Thank You
Info Seeker

Message 7 of 10
I also have an investment program with AARP from Scudder and want to know what happened to my investment?
Info Seeker

Message 8 of 10
My mother passed away last Dec. 2010 and my husband passed away May 2011, so it has been a little hectic with going through papers for both of them.  In cleaning out my Mom's apartment, I have found papers that I never even knew existed. 
She had invested in the AARP Investment Program from SCUDDER.  I have papers dated in 1995, but do not know whatever happened with this investment.  I would like to have someone contact me so that I may give them her acct. number, etc., or whatever is needed to find out whatever happened with this investment and if she was entitled to be able to receive monies from this investment that she had never collected.  Her acct. was in her name as well as mine, JT TEN. Thank you for whatever information you can give me as I am trying to straighten out her estate as well, as my husbands.
Info Seeker

What happened to the AARP Investment Program?

Message 9 of 10
Hi,

I'm wondering what happened to the AARP investment program?  I can't seem to find any information on the AARP website.  I have an account with them, but it has been quite a while since I last received mail from them.  Does anyone have a website for them or how to get in contact with them?

Thank you
Info Seeker

What happened to the AARP Investment Program?

Message 9 of 10
Hi,

I'm wondering what happened to the AARP investment program?  I can't seem to find any information on the AARP website.  I have an account with them, but it has been quite a while since I last received mail from them.  Does anyone have a website for them or how to get in contact with them?

Thank you