๐Ÿ‘ด๐Ÿ‘ต What are the 3 TYPES of Retirement? - Acts Retirement

Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿ‘ด๐Ÿ‘ต What are the 3 TYPES of Retirement? - Acts Retirement

READ the comments and/or ADD a comment.

Which one are you NOW or PLAN to be in the future? ๐Ÿค”

Tell us about YOUR Retirement Journey and/or Plans! ๐Ÿ˜‰

๐Ÿ‘‰ LINK TO ARTICLE 

โ–ถ๏ธTo reply, click on reply button at bottom of this post. Enter your text. Click reply button again.โ—€๏ธ

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

(6 comments) I had NOT planned on retiring July 2020 but figured it was in my "best interest" (healthwise) to do so when COVID finally was OFFICIALLY an issue. ๐Ÿ™„

Not one to jump on the "bandwagon" - I ignored it for awhile until my employer ignored the SUGGESTED steps to keep us HOPEFULLY safe.

I consider my Retirement TEMPORARY as I am "climbing" my walls. But since I NO LONGER "have to work to pay the bills" - I am being very SELECTIVE in what my NEXT job will be.

So NOT into returning to my job from H..LL/lol ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚

Nicole ๐Ÿ™ƒ

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

This is a โ€œfluffโ€ article that says a lot of feel good things but little to help a person at all with the decision to โ€œRetireโ€ regardless of the types they enumerate.  It lacks a lot of facts necessary to the decision.

People who โ€œretireโ€ need to understand the financial repercussions of their actions especially if their idea is to retiree, take early SS retirement benefits and keep working.  There is a financial consequence because of SSA reducing oneโ€™s benefit if they go over the annual earnings limit before they are FRA.

And then one has to be aware that their SS benefit is reduced based on taking their benefit early.

Then if one is contemplating one of those other methods - like Temporary retiring - especially if they are lower than FRA - yes, possible under SS retirement - called a WithDrawal - but one has to completely decide in a 12 month period and then be ready to pay back any benefits they have gotten in that period and also be aware of what might happen to the benefits of others who may be drawing benefits based on the primary insured record.

This isnโ€™t even a good article to discuss cause it is lacking in facts, figures, and realities.

It's Always Something . . . . Roseanna Roseannadanna
Honored Social Butterfly

This article is basically an ad for a retirement community "ACTS". They own some of the biggest retirement communities in the country. My daughter worked at an ACTS community and they treated their employees poorly.

I fully retired at age 57 and never looked back. I neither plan for a part time job or plan to ever come out of full retirement.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

(3 comments) @nctarheel , what "proof" do you have that your daughter worked for them and was treated badly?

You really need to "think" before "badmouthing" people and organizations.

Lol, media has LOTS of coverage of folks doing this and the "consequences"....

Why not report this organization to the Better Business Bureau?

Life is a "challenge" and we need a place to "hang out" in without the "badmouthing".

We have ALL been treated "unfairly" or feel we have been. But we do not go around posting about it.

Yes, this "organization" may have treated her badly. That is life and as adults we FIX what we can (legal action) or move on with our life.

โ–ถ๏ธ@nctarheel wrote:

This article is basically an ad for a retirement community "ACTS". They own some of the biggest retirement communities in the country. My daughter worked at an ACTS community and they treated their employees poorly.

I fully retired at age 57 and never looked back. I neither plan for a part time job or plan to ever come out of full retirement.โ—€๏ธ

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@Anonymous wrote:

@nctarheel ,

what "proof" do you have that your daughter worked for them and was treated badly?

You really need to "think" before "badmouthing" people and organizations.

Life is a "challenge" and we need a place to "hang out" in without the "badmouthing".

We have ALL been treated "unfairly" or feel we have been. But we do not go around posting about it.

Yes, this "organization" may have treated her badly. That is life and as adults we FIX what we can (legal action) or move on with our life.

โ—€๏ธ

I need no proof.

She was far from being an adult. They mistreated her as a 15 year old employee working her first job with a work permit.

They had multiple personnel issues and it seemed to be a corporate culture of theirs.

I have every right to have an opinion about an organization. I have the right to expressing  that opinion on a discussion board without others telling me that I can't express my opinion.

Kudos
Views
Anonymous
Not applicable

(1 comment) @nctarheel  wrote:

I need no proof.

LOL, SO WE ARE SUPPOSE TO BELIEVE YOUR "BADMOUTHING" ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚ I DON'T!!!! ๐Ÿ‘

She was far from being an adult. They mistreated her as a 15 year old employee working her first job with a work permit.

SO WHAT? MY DAUGHTER EXPERIENCED STUFF WHILE WORKING WHILE ATTENDING SCHOOL. YOU ACT LIKE ONLY YOUR CHILD EXPERIENCED THINGS. ALL PARENTS HAVE DEAL'T WITH ISSUES. YOU DEAL WITH IT. HMMM, ARE YOU HOPING TO SHUT DOWN THIS ORGANIZATION?

They had multiple personnel issues and it seemed to be a corporate culture of theirs.

THAT IS LIFE!!! ๐Ÿ™„

I have every right to have an opinion about an organization. I have the right to expressing  that opinion on a discussion board without others telling me that I can't express my opinion.

YOU ARE "OFF TOPIC" LIKE YOU MENTIONED SEVERAL TIMES TO ANOTHER MEMBER WHO HAD COMMENTED ON SOMETHING YOU HAD POSTED.

0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

Please remember to post according to the community guidelines, and refrain from insults and inflammatory comments.

YOU MUST RESPECT OTHER POSTERS EVEN IF YOU DISAGREE WITH THEM

Also, please be welcoming of new posters, even when you argue with their positions.

Thank you for your cooperation in making the AARP Community a safe and welcoming place for all.
http://community.aarp.org/t5/custom/page/page-id/Guidelines

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP