Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

What Type of Retiree Are You? ๐Ÿ‘ด๐Ÿ‘ต

Anonymous
Not applicable

What Type of Retiree Are You? ๐Ÿ‘ด๐Ÿ‘ต

• Discussion created on April 18, 2021 9:50am EST.
  1. Adventurer - ventures into the unknown.
  2. Continuer - continues to do what they have been doing.
  3. Easy Glider - no  agenda.
  4. Searcher - figuring out next move.
  5. Lol, you are unique and do not have a type!!! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ

Stop by to read the comments and/or leave a comment. We luv hearing from you!

Recognized Social Butterfly

1 comment (9/22/23)

Stop by to join OUR discussion!

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@SpringIsHereSoHappy wrote:

(9/22/23)

Stop by to join OUR discussion!

Thanks,

Nicole ๐Ÿ‘ด๐Ÿ‘ต (Retirement Forum)

Hey @SpringIsHereSoHappy,

What type of retiree???

Having worked for years with the public, I try to stay as far away from the public as possible.

I thought some of the folks I served in the past were a danger to their fellow humans but some of the folks today make the people I dealt with look like lambs.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I guess you could say post pandemic an adventurer, at least I was before, and currently a continuer in that I am adapting to my circumstances.  That might not be what you meant by continuer; but, looking back over my life, thatโ€™s what Iโ€™ve done.  Single life, military service, married life, divorced life, job loss, retirement, pandemic, they all put different demands on your life, so in order to continue, we must all adapt to lifeโ€™s ever changing circumstances.  Pay attention, look for opportunities, keep an open mind, and adapt.  Currently, my target is to collect social security and my pension at age 70, currently I am enrolled in the VA Healthcare system, and I've taking the opportunity now to slowly convert my Traditional IRA to a Roth IRA.  If necessary, I can apply for social security sooner or pull from retirement to get back to adventurer mode is savings doesnโ€™t carry me through.  Whatever it takes to continue, right?

Social Butterfly

@MarkL413231  Sounds like you are great at adapting to all the changes and stages in your life and very resilient too! Awesome qualities to have.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Stop by to read the comments and/or leave a comment.
0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@Anonymous  I'm definitely an adventurer.  Trying lots of new things. Learning to sketch botanicals and other wild life, paint in watercolors, taking Zumba classes, stretch classes, cooking and baking with new recipes, reading tons of interesting books, learned how to play Mexican train game, entering limerick writing contests, writing custom poems for family and friends with my hubby and writing a book that I would like to self-publish.

Kudos
Views
Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿ’ฅWhen do you think your book will be ready to publish @Rhymesometimes ?๐Ÿ’ฅ

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@Anonymous  Early in the process, but thank you for asking.

Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿ’ฅJune 22, 3021๐Ÿ’ฅ

• Was a Searcher dealing with Pandemic Jail ๐Ÿ™„. Retired last year July 2020.
  • Now an Adventurer finally getting to enjoy my retirement. ๐Ÿ˜
0 Kudos
Super Contributor

Easy Glider, after completing the daily chores.

Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿ’ฅApril 18, 2021๐Ÿ’ฅ

Hi @TomD857140 I really appreciate you stopping by to join our discussion ๐Ÿ™‚

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP