Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Contributor

Move a Mail Box !

Hello: I have a neighbor senior that wants to move her mailbox to the end of drive way rather that 1/3 mile away. This lady either has to drive to get mail or walk and during the summer it is hard on her health.The post office says it would take to long for the route person to deliver at another stop even though is on same side as before and has a straight clear area to stop at. How does this problem get help?

Rick

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Have you spoken with the person who delivers the mail?  If you already have - then, how about the postmaster?  Usually, most effective in person.

0 Kudos
Regular Social Butterfly

Best idea. Also, how much mail (personal, not "junk") does this person actually receive, I wonder?

I HATE all the ads when I check my USPS mail; I have signed up with all ad agencies to "opt out" but still mailbox is stuffed; mail person must think I'm lazy, but I do everything electronically, so only end of year must mail statements are required.

Anyway, hope your neighbor considers no mail a good thing, and maybe someone could walk it up to her 3 or 4 times a week (if they don't mind the junk mail ink).

#VegasStrong

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
0 Kudos
Retired Community Manager

Seems like a reasonable request to me, @sheepmilk14. The US Postal Service has a facebook page. Maybe you could try sending them a message via https://www.facebook.com/USPS/?

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP