Regular Contributor

Are any new local AARP chapters allowed to start?

Just a question, are any new AARP local chapters allowed to start? If not, why?

John

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Hi John - - When I was volunteering for different capacities through the AARP state office, which is 100 miles away from the rural community I live in, they kept referring me to a 'local' chapter that was 2 counties away from mine and encouraging me to start my own chapter, since there were several counties in my area of the state that did not have local chapters. I never looked into all the criteria needed to start a local chapter, but I would think you might need a minimum number of people to be members, have monthly meetings, establish a line of communication with the state office so you could do joint efforts, forward them the correct paperwork, etc. 

If I was you I'd use this AARP website to find the best way to contact the your state office, and go from there.

Cee
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Cee,

Thank you for all of the information you provided. I am currently in Massachusetts but thinking of relocating to Florida in the upcoming years and up been looking in The Villages, but there is no chapter nearby. This is where I see an opportunity with a population of over a hundred and thirty thousand people in the AARP range..

I will contact the Florida state headquarters and go from there.

John
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Ask the Expert: Social Security

Discuss your thoughts about the 2022 Social Security cost-of-living adjustment with AARP experts - and ask a question to earn 50 AARP Rewards points. Join the discussion now.

AARP Make Your Move Contest 2021

Enter Today! Ends 10/22/2021. See Official Rules

Test Your Knowledge, Score Big. New Game Each Day!

AARP's new Right Again! Trivia game - part trivia, part puzzle, all fun! Special opportunities for AARP Members and Rewards participants. Play Now.

AARP Right Again! Trivia

AARP Rewards

Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts. Get started with AARP Rewards now!

AARP Rewards Badge

Music and Brain Health

From soft jazz to hard rock - discover music's mental, social and physical benefits. Learn more.

Music and Brain Health