Contributor

carnival gift card checkout not working?

I added the gift card i wanted, says that it is in stock and when i go to purchase it tells me this page is not working, obviously something is amiss with the system.  is there any feedback on this issue available?

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I have been trying for days but I can’t get AARP to accept my payment. I tried a valid cc and PayPal. I tried multiple browsers on two computers and my phone. I disabled ad blockers and pop up blockers. 

I called AARP on Thursday and Friday for help (today is Sunday); I was told that my name or address on my cc bill isn’t matching what’s on AARP (which isn’t true because I checked) - but how does that explain why my PayPal payment isn’t working? Neither rep was able to help. They escalated my issue and said it may be 5 business days before I get a return call. 

I found threads dating back to 2020 about people having difficulty with purchasing Carnival gift cards. You’d think that AARP would’ve had it figured out by now. And you can’t even make the purchase by phone either - which would be fine if the purchase could be completed on the website.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

@NicholasS721365 @DianeH713866 

It's about 5pm on 1/25/23. I just tried and my payment with through. I haven't gotten a confirmation email yet (it may take up to 24 hours) but I see the transaction completed in PayPal. I hope it works for you guys.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

It's been 24 hours and I have not received my GCs. Checked my regular email and my spam folder. I called AARP and was told they have to escalate my case yet again, and I have to allow 3-5 business days - yet again. Today is Thursday. My cruise sets sail on Monday... 3-5 business days will be too late. The rep said she would make a note that I leave Monday, so we will see if I get my gift cards before I sail. I hope I can come back here with good news.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@NicholasS721365 @DianeH713866 @KellytheBelly The Rewards checkout issue and error code have been reported and our team is looking into it. We recommend checking back later. 

Contributor

Hi, I havent evenbeen able to view any rewards. Are there none available right now? I keep getting the same "get started with rewards" page 

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@LakeishaS385287 Hi Lakeisha, it sounds like you have to sign up for the AARP Rewards site. Please click the "Get Started With Rewards" button to opt in and log in to the site. You can learn more here: https://aarp.info/3xMiUiq  I'm always here to help!

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Try a different browser if you haven't already. That kept happening to me on Chrome but the page loaded fine on Edge.

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Check your transactions. See if it went through. 

Contributor

cant even get to the checkout window, there was a 405 error code, and now cart wont even load

0 Kudos
Contributor

I got the same error message

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

"I downloaded AARP Perks to assist in staying connected and never missing out on a discount!" -LeeshaD341679

AARP Perks

More From AARP